Thread: torch 9800 flash light cant switch on using video recorder

steven81ir is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Add steven81ir on Facebook
    PIN
    271E10CB
    Device
    torch 9800
    OS

torch 9800 flash light cant switch on using video recorder

hello guys. i got a little problem with my BB torch 9800. after a full housing change my BB dont want to switch on the flash light if i use the video recorder function. but.. if i use the camera to take pics i have flash light for a second. i mean taking pics with flash is working corectly only if i want to use it when i record a video than no light. i also tried to download a flash light app from the app world but still no flash light. can someone help me? is that some "hardware" or "software" problem?

thanks for advance
    Steven

Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    PIN
    Jarmeling
    Device
    Passport
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Might be a silly question but, is the flash enabled in the video options?

Also, a "full housing change"? Do you mean that you had the entire shell replaced?

PIN
    271E10CB
    Device
    torch 9800
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmeling68 View Post
    Might be a silly question but, is the flash enabled in the video options?

Also, a "full housing change"? Do you mean that you had the entire shell replaced?
    Yes, the flash is enabled in the video option. When i changed the full housing i got some "electronic" parts already installed in the housing, like flash light, headphone connection and etc. the most interesting thing is when i make a picture i have a flash normally like always only i cant switch on when i record a video or i want to use it for continue like a "torch light". do you have any idea what i can do? unfortunately i dont have the old housing parts because after i fixed the new one and the phone was working(except the continue flash light what i not tested)i throwed in the bin everything......

Harmeling68 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Harmeling68 On Twitter Add Harmeling68 on Facebook Add Harmeling68 on Google+ Add Harmeling68 on Linkedin
    PIN
    Jarmeling
    Device
    Passport
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Brother, I have no idea what to do about this. Sounds like something went wrong with the connections when you changed the housing. I've never taken any of my phones apart and I probably never will, so I have to at least give you credit for doing it! Good luck!
    BB then, now, forever!

PIN
    271E10CB
    Device
    torch 9800
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmeling68 View Post
    Brother, I have no idea what to do about this. Sounds like something went wrong with the connections when you changed the housing. I've never taken any of my phones apart and I probably never will, so I have to at least give you credit for doing it! Good luck!
    The reason why i changed the housing is i bought this BB for £85 from the ebay and the full housing with screws was more £15. the used ones with very good condition cost around £140-£150 in my country. so i have new a looks like a new phone for £100. so you say maybe i have to screw apart again and check the connection by the flash light?

PIN
    Jarmeling
    Device
    Passport
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by steven81ir View Post
    The reason why i changed the housing is i bought this BB for £85 from the ebay and the full housing with screws was more £15. the used ones with very good condition cost around £140-£150 in my country. so i have new a looks like a new phone for £100. so you say maybe i have to screw apart again and check the connection by the flash light?
    Maybe, I don't know. You seem to be a pretty sharp guy, so give it a go! Have you tried reloading the os to make sure it's not a software issue?
    BB then, now, forever!

PIN
    271E10CB
    Device
    torch 9800
    OS
    yes i already installed 2-3 times different os. i tried first the 6.0.0.668 official from the BBOS site because its from the UK O2 provider. after i installed that os i still had the same issue. after i imstalled the latest 6.0.0.723 os but i got the same issue. so i think you have right and i hope its something with the connection. i give a try to check it and i will notice you about the results. but thanks anyway...

PIN
    271E10CB
    Device
    torch 9800
    OS
    I already screwed out the BB and I can't see any problems with the connection. I don't have a clue what can be wrong. Maybe I will visit a service centre in the town and hopefully they can give some advice...

PIN
    Jarmeling
    Device
    Passport
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Well, be sure to post back! I'm really looking forward to seeing how this goes for you.

PIN
    Jarmeling
    Device
    Passport
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    **BTW: You have inspired me to look into a new housing. I searched on Amazon and found a white Bold 9930 housing and I think I'm going to order it! There's a tool kit for $3 too! I might have a white Bold soon and I'll definitely post about it when I do it. I might need to borrow your skills for a little while......!
    BB then, now, forever!