Newbie needs advice to repair nuked BB 9800 please!

Thread: Newbie needs advice to repair nuked BB 9800 please!

LukaUK is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb Newbie needs advice to repair nuked BB 9800 please!

Hello everyone what a awesome forum/site you have running here. Now I have said

hello it's time to get onto business :P

Anyways I have never had or used a Blackberry as I am a Android user, but I have been given a task to fix a a broken Red Blackberry Torch 9800. The user said it was working fine and it froze, she then whipped out the battery and now it won't turn on or is a boot loop. I have tried my best to follow the instructions at (http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...rating-system-nuked-blackberry) but I am stumped at one stage of the restore. It probablysomething completely silly but I can't get my head round it as it is a new adventure for me. While doing the restore I get the "Device Application Selection" part of the restore and in the selection area it says "The Blackberry Desktop Software soes not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer." I have downloaded and ran the installers for the following:

•9800AllLang_v6.0.0.534_P6.6.0.200
    •9800AllLang_v6.0.0.668_P6.6.0.236
    •9800AllLang_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248
    •9800M_v6.0.0.546_P6.6.0.207

I have tried loads of different ALX/ALI files from the folders and each one says:

"This application is not compatible with your device and cannnot be loaded."

I guess I'm using the wrong OS version or I have messed something up with the install or even going the wrong direction completely

Can some kind soul point in the right direction or can someone call me a idiot and tell me what to do to bring the Blackberry back to life please?

Many thanks I look forward to learning some new stuff from you all

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    754 times
    Do you already have a backup? Is this device on a BES server?

Liked
    0 times
    No backup and what is a BES server?

spinrekkids is offline Forum Moderator Follow spinrekkids On Twitter Add spinrekkids on Facebook
    PIN
    N/A
    Device
    iPhone5S/9900
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    30 times
    BES is BlackBerry Enterprise Server and for more detailed information checkout link below. Let us know if you need anymore details.

Link

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!

Liked
    0 times
    Ahh right as far as I'm aware its just bog standard phone and not being used for business uses. All it is used for is texting, calling and multimedia, the user is in her late teens so I don't see her even considering setting up a server. Right now thats done whats the next step?

spinrekkids is offline Forum Moderator Follow spinrekkids On Twitter Add spinrekkids on Facebook
    PIN
    N/A
    Device
    iPhone5S/9900
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    30 times
    Please view links below and let us know how it goes. These tutorials are great and should help you out a lot.

How-To Recover A Nuked Blackberry - with Pictures

All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos
    ice2921 and clive like this.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!

Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spinrekkids View Post
    Please view links below and let us know how it goes. These tutorials are great and should help you out a lot.

How-To Recover A Nuked Blackberry - with Pictures

All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos
    Yeah at this point I think you should just go a head and reload the OS like spin suggested.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks spinrekkids & ice2921 for the info but I have hit another wall, after getting halfway through the process it stops at the "Reconnecting to JVM" and I have tried unplugging and clicking retry with the battery in and out but still no joy. Anyways ideas mateys?

Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LukaUK View Post
    Thanks spinrekkids & ice2921 for the info but I have hit another wall, after getting halfway through the process it stops at the "Reconnecting to JVM" and I have tried unplugging and clicking retry with the battery in and out but still no joy. Anyways ideas mateys?
    Is it still rebooting all the time?

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ice2921 View Post
    Is it still rebooting all the time?
    Yeah it is matey

Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    754 times
    Ok go ahead and download bbsak and see if you can back up the phone first then choose the option to wipe the device within bbsak, also make sure you uninstall all of these previous OS versions you mentioned before:

We only want one OS version on the computer. Lets get a fresh OS on there OS 6.0.0.723 is a popular download. Make sure you delete the vendor.xml file and that you follow the direction listed here. Then report back.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ice2921 View Post
    Ok go ahead and download bbsak and see if you can back up the phone first then choose the option to wipe the device within bbsak, also make sure you uninstall all of these previous OS versions you mentioned before:

We only want one OS version on the computer. Lets get a fresh OS on there OS 6.0.0.723 is a popular download. Make sure you delete the vendor.xml file and that you follow the direction listed here. Then report back.
    Hi again Ice, this is driving me nuts! dead ends everything I try I have followed everything exactly in the guides you have posted, I have tried BBSAK and it just refuses to connect to the device even after using the "Kill Processes" button also I have even tried JL_Cmder v1.9.1 and that doesn't seem to play nice either. One thing I have noticed is that on the App Loder used to install the OS, on the connection drop down selection it is saying "USB-PIN: 273D3A01" instead of "USB-Pin: UNKNOWN" I don't know if that is anything to go by? I'm gonna try reinstalling all the BBD and start a fresh to see if that helps. One thing to note is I'm running Windows 7 64-Bit. I hope there is something I can still do to bring it back to life. Many thanks for your help and sorry for being such a pain in the ass I look forward to hearing from you and anyone else.

Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    754 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LukaUK View Post
    Hi again Ice, this is driving me nuts! dead ends everything I try I have followed everything exactly in the guides you have posted, I have tried BBSAK and it just refuses to connect to the device even after using the "Kill Processes" button also I have even tried JL_Cmder v1.9.1 and that doesn't seem to play nice either. One thing I have noticed is that on the App Loder used to install the OS, on the connection drop down selection it is saying "USB-PIN: 273D3A01" instead of "USB-Pin: UNKNOWN" I don't know if that is anything to go by? I'm gonna try reinstalling all the BBD and start a fresh to see if that helps. One thing to note is I'm running Windows 7 64-Bit. I hope there is something I can still do to bring it back to life. Many thanks for your help and sorry for being such a pain in the ass I look forward to hearing from you and anyone else.
    That is good that the app loader is recognizing your device. Did you make sure that the other OS'es were fully removed? Also are you saying that both BBSAK and JL_Cmder do not recognize your device?

info135 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Torch
    Liked
    1 times
    You may try to search in google for your mobile problems.....it's easy and quick way..
    Harga Blackberry
    Someone if it's still can't fix just ask solution to Blackberry Center service...

- - - Updated - - -

You may try to search in google for your mobile problems.....it's easy and quick way..
    Harga Blackberry
    Someone if it's still can't fix just ask solution to Blackberry Center service...