Hello everyone what a awesome forum/site you have running here. Now I have said

hello it's time to get onto business :P

Anyways I have never had or used a Blackberry as I am a Android user, but I have been given a task to fix a a broken Red Blackberry Torch 9800. The user said it was working fine and it froze, she then whipped out the battery and now it won't turn on or is a boot loop. I have tried my best to follow the instructions at (http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...rating-system-nuked-blackberry) but I am stumped at one stage of the restore. It probablysomething completely silly but I can't get my head round it as it is a new adventure for me. While doing the restore I get the "Device Application Selection" part of the restore and in the selection area it says "The Blackberry Desktop Software soes not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer." I have downloaded and ran the installers for the following:

•9800AllLang_v6.0.0.534_P6.6.0.200
•9800AllLang_v6.0.0.668_P6.6.0.236
•9800AllLang_v6.0.0.723_P6.6.0.248
•9800M_v6.0.0.546_P6.6.0.207

I have tried loads of different ALX/ALI files from the folders and each one says:

"This application is not compatible with your device and cannnot be loaded."

I guess I'm using the wrong OS version or I have messed something up with the install or even going the wrong direction completely

Can some kind soul point in the right direction or can someone call me a idiot and tell me what to do to bring the Blackberry back to life please?

Many thanks I look forward to learning some new stuff from you all