Help please

Thread: Help please

lawanmaina is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times

Help please

Hey everyone. Am new here and this is my first post. I've a problem with my torch 9800. I can't download files larger than 5mb, but I used to before. Why is that? And is there any solution? Can anyone pls help me out. Thanks.

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    497 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanmaina View Post
    Hey everyone. Am new here and this is my first post. I've a problem with my torch 9800. I can't download files larger than 5mb, but I used to before. Why is that? And is there any solution? Can anyone pls help me out. Thanks.
    Welcome to lawanmaina

When you talk about downloading files 5MB or larger, what are you trying to download if I may ask?

On a side note, anyone trying to downloading files from another BBM user, files exceeding 6MB, cannot work.

This is a limitation from BBM.

For more information on this limitation for BBM, please visit Communication Limitation - BBM
    Last edited by grimreaper; 02-04-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: update

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    751 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanmaina View Post
    This could be a couple things if I am not mistaken there is a BIS limit download that is sometimes in place, but OS 6 should not have that limit. You can try using an alternative browser like Opera Mini, and see if you have the same issue. You can download it here:

Opera Mini & Opera Mobile browsers

clive is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Liked
    24 times
    If you can are downloading from web, try using wifi

lawanmaina is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    This could be a couple things if I am not mistaken there is a BIS limit download that is sometimes in place, but OS 6 should not have that limit. You can try using an alternative browser like Opera Mini, and see if you have the same issue. You can download it here:

Thanks 4 d help. But I've been using Opera mini 6.5 for sometime now without such problems. This only started about ten days ago, which is why it's all d more confusing 4 me.

Kehindm is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Add Kehindm on Google+
    PIN
    2BAC3CFF
    Device
    Blackberry Q10
    OS
    Carrier
    MTN
    Liked
    6 times
    Good day my people. I also I have an issue with my bb torch. Whenever I'm charging it, the bolt sign will keep appearing and disappearing. This is so dispeasing I have to switch of my phone befire I can charge it. Atimes it will show the black sign on my battery signal as if it is full. Please what could be the problem?

veeru789 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow veeru789 On Twitter
    Device
    ZEDLORD & PB
    OS
    10.0.10.82 & 2.1
    Carrier
    Barathi Airtel
    Liked
    22 times
    ive had that problem before. but if the plug symbol appears (i/o bolt symbol) ur phone is still charging. its just that its charging slower than it should. I changed my charger it was working fine. But this was on 9900 and not 9800. so you may want to try out a new charger.

This happens to the palybook also when i attempt to charge it with normal BB phone charger. the bolt symbol doesnt appear but it still charges the playbook.