Urgent help needed

Thread: Urgent help needed

bamiprof is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie

Urgent help needed

My BlackBerry torch 9800 screen does not respond when charging from a power source. Please what can I do?

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Quote Originally Posted by bamiprof View Post
    My BlackBerry torch 9800 screen does not respond when charging from a power source. Please what can I do?
    pull battery out of phone for 30-60 seconds, put back in phone, or press Alt+Shift up+del (soft reset) should work, let me know

bamiprof is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    pull battery out of phone for 30-60 seconds, put back in phone, or press Alt+Shift up+del (soft reset) should work, let me know
    It didn't work at all!!! What i noticed now is wen i charge via usb using any other source(laptop) other than the wall socket the torch screen works perfectly and wen i plug back into the wall socket the torch screen fails to repond until it is unplugged. Tanx

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    It didn't work at all!!! What i noticed now is wen i charge via usb using any other source(laptop) other than the wall socket the torch screen works perfectly and wen i plug back into the wall socket the torch screen fails to repond until it is unplugged. Tanx
    I have had this problem and still have this issue on my torch. The charging has been sporadic at best. This started happening when I would plug it into my car charger, and there would be no response from the phone to say that it was charging. I replaced my phone and even got a new battery, I did notice that the connection between the phone and the charger was loose many times and if I wiggled it would show the charging icon at times. Its interesting because if I plug it in to my PlayBook charger I get a fast quick charge and everything seems to work. I have heard mixed reviews about plugging the Torch into the PlayBook charger but I have not had any issues. I think it has something to do with either the connector or the amount of voltage the device is getting. Wish I had a better answer but Im kind of in the same boat.

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    I have given this issues some thought, and I have come to this answer bamiprof, either your USB cable is ineffective in producing a proper charge due to (normal) wear and tear, and/or the particular wall socket has a faulty electrical issue, so therefore, please replace either the USB cable, and/or change where you choose the plug in the phone via wall socket.
    Hope this helps