Thank you. I did try that - each time I run BBSAK, the BBDevMgr.exe restarts and I get the same message: "No Device Detected, Push OK to continue"
Try my method & tell me what happens :-
1. Start app loader & goto connect device screen where it show PIN etc.
2. Remove battery
3. Connect device to USB cable & PC/Laptop
4. When phone is booting, you should time your click on 'next' button as PIN will appear briefly while booting.
5. Now app loader will detect your device & you can start loading the OS
6. First uncheck everything & load only the Core OS. Yu can load the apps etc later
7. Once the device has loaded OS, plugin the battery - before reboot starts
In my view, yuour battery is weak or has very less charge. You can try another battery.
Else wrap ur old battery in a sealed polythene bad & keep it overnight in deep fridge between ice. Then next day, unwrap it & let it return to room temp. Then charge it to full. It should be fine then.
Pin never changes from "Disconnect". I will try wrapping the battery and placing it in the freezer, but it was not having any trouble before and another battery in the phone gives the same behavior - long slow blinking light. Unable to run BB Boss. Does this mean my device is already wiped and just needs to be reloaded?
Collinda, have you tried another battery? See if there is someone you know that will let you try their battery for a few minutes to see if that will help.
I have tried 2 other batteries. 1 new battery and 1 known-to-be-working battery. My phone displayed the same behavior with the different batteries. Weird thing about the known-to-be-working battery - my battery caused the other phone to behave like my phone, even though my phone behaved the same the swapped battery. Placing the battery in the freezer does not seem to have had any impact.