Device
    OS
    6.0.0.600 AT&T
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    2 times

need help on nonstock themes

when I use a theme like iphone, mini-pb, ssix and so on, when I reboot all my icons that in my media, apps amd games folders are on my home screen not in the folders and some of the icon have no pictures. Stock themes no problem. Anybody knows what going on???

asheet is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I hv the same problem...
    My soln... stop using stock themes..painful but better than setting all your icons again & again in their right folders...

nw53 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    6.0.0.600 AT&T
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by asheet View Post
    I hv the same problem...
    My soln... stop using stock themes..painful but better than setting all your icons again & again in their right folders...
    its not the stock themes that I'm having problem with, it the non stock ones. only way I found to get around it, is to go back to the stock theme first then reboot the phone. After the phone is up and running go back to the non stock theme.

clubbstudios is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow clubbstudios On Twitter
    PIN
    28AFEFE7
    Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.xxx
    Carrier
    AT&T [Unlocked]
    Liked
    4 times
    nw53, you're not crazy, and the problem is not unique. It's also very annoying! Here's why it happens:

The Short Answer: Themes do not share folder settings. Each new non-stock theme that you install has its own configuration that you have to edit.

You cannot share the folder settings between themes, so the non-stock theme cannot recognize your previous settings.

The Long Answer: Basically, each theme has its own "Folders" settings. You'll notice that's one of the items backed up by Blackberry Desktop Manager, because you can chose it as an item for the Restore function...

When you activate a new theme, your phone creates a NEW icon organization file, called your "Folders" settings, to save your arrangements -- where you put your apps, which folders you deleted, what programs you hid from your home screen, etc...

The stock theme is designed specifically to store this information, so that's why you get your settings back by re-selecting stock, then restarting your phone.

Unfortunately, the "Folders" work that you did to get everything where you wanted it, these settings cannot be shared, so you cannot load your stock organization onto a non-stock theme because they're different.

Even worse, some themes aren't even designed properly, so they don't save your "Folders" options/settings so you have to reorganize every time you pull the battery!

Hope this clarifies!

So, make sure you... Back up your phone immediately after you find a theme you like and have set your icons!

And DON'T BOTHER setting up your icons if you don't like a theme. Just delete the theme and don't waste time
    makes my life peanut-butter-jelly-time :banana: