Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    I had 576 on my 9800 for a longtime with no battery issues. Suddenly last week , I found my battery is in red wout any excessive usage..I am sure i didn't installed any app. I rebooted & kept data off during night and the problem disappeared...
    Looks like some app must be working in background...

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    I had 576 on my 9800 for a longtime with no battery issues. Suddenly last week , I found my battery is in red wout any excessive usage..I am sure i didn't installed any app. I rebooted & kept data off during night and the problem disappeared...
    Looks like some app must be working in background...
    Yup, and for me, those apps are the OS included IMs, especially Yahoo, maybe this problem is caused by the app constantly trying to communicate with the server or sth like this...

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    I am having the same issues with .600, once the simcard is in the battery goes from 100% to 0% within 4 hours that's with moderate usage, Heavy usage will drain the battery within 1:30 to 2 hours ... !!!

This is nothing new blackberry always had battery issues, on top of everything else even my touchscreen is playing up i press one icon it highlights the other shame... due to all these problems i am going to switch to an Ipone or Android which i hate but i have no other alternative.

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder12 View Post
    Here's one from AppWorld. Features:
    - Tracks battery status over time - Line chart visualization of battery state by day, week, month.
    - Integration into native BlackBerry® applications - Battery level indicator icon and battery state (full charged, charging, unplugged).
    - Running out of battery warnings - Adjustable warning level and notifications.

There are others from .99 cents on up. Here's a link to a search result from AppWorld.
    Thank you ghostryder12
    I really appreciate your response I installed that app u posted, it's pretty good...
    On a side note, I still not have experienced any severe battery drainage.
    I also heard from Torch users who use OS6.0 [6.0.0.600] they have seemed to have more issues than users who have OS6 [6.0.0.448-like me] such as lack of Facebook notifications, other lack of features.
    I hope I wasn't off topic too much...thank u everyone.
    Ps-i had to delete the links prior to post this as I have only 8 total posts.

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Quote Originally Posted by kasiuss View Post
    I am having the same issues with .600, once the simcard is in the battery goes from 100% to 0% within 4 hours that's with moderate usage, Heavy usage will drain the battery within 1:30 to 2 hours ... !!!

This is nothing new blackberry always had battery issues, on top of everything else even my touchscreen is playing up i press one icon it highlights the other shame... due to all these problems i am going to switch to an Ipone or Android which i hate but i have no other alternative.
    Go back to 6.0.0.448 I'm sure this will solve many issues that you're experiencing.

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Thank you ghostryder12
    I really appreciate your response I installed that app u posted, it's pretty good...
    On a side note, I still not have experienced any severe battery drainage.
    I also heard from Torch users who use OS6.0 [6.0.0.600] they have seemed to have more issues than users who have OS6 [6.0.0.448-like me] such as lack of Facebook notifications, other lack of features.
    I hope I wasn't off topic too much...thank u everyone.
    Ps-i had to delete the links prior to post this as I have only 8 total posts.
    It does seem that the .600OS is having a battery affect, however I am not experiencing any issues. The .576OS seemed to have excellent battery life from what I remember reading and for those having battery issues with .600OS, I would recommend going back to .576OS.
    For those wanting to downgrade to .576OS for the Torch, it can be obtained here; BhartiAirtel_9800_6.0.0.576 - Downloads - BlackBerryOS.com and follow the instructions here; All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by kasiuss View Post

Just forget about this .600 OS, it seems to have problem with almost everyone...believe me that downgrading your OS or try to find what causes this problem (for me it was IMs cause for example i found out later that my carrier's data plan didn't support Y! IM), is much better than switching to iHate or Andork! ;-)
    Last edited by crazy6395; 08-12-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567