Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 55

  1. #33
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by csussen View Post
    You were right. I now get 24h+ battery lifetime with the .600 OS on 3G and the OS hsn't even 'settled in' yet *dance*
    That's great. There must have been something in the leaked .600 that was causing lots of problems. Glad it's working better.



  2. #34
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy6395 View Post
    It's been about 30 hrs after re-installing the official AT&T .600 os, the battery became empty a couple of hrs ago completely and I re-charged it, I also did 3 or 4 battery pulls in a row, and nothing changed, the battery drain starts as soon as I turn the data service on, no matter I surf on the internet or start using apps or keeping the phone in the holster, it just drains and drains, the battery temperature is usually above 35'C/95'F and it goes higher, the voltage is above 3500 mV and goes higher...honestly I somehow am tired of this, now I'm sure it is the data services I have problem with, but that doesn't make sense to me at all, I use 3G without data services and the battery is great...
    Something seems to be eating battery life when you have the data services on. I wonder if it's stuck constantly searching for a signal between 2G and 3G. I've read some users having poor battery life because the phone is going back and forth between 2G & 3G.

    Let me ask, is there an app running in the background that may be sucking your battery life? You do close all apps by pressing the BB logo (the dots) and scrolling to close instead of the red telephone button, right?

    i wonder if the BatteryWatch app is the app causing the problems.

    Edit: I went to the AppWorld and read some of the reviews. While some love it, others said that it eats battery life.
    Since it's a free app, how about deleting it and watching your battery usage once it's gone and see if it's causing your battery issues.

  3. #35
    crazy6395's Avatar
    crazy6395 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tehran - Iran
    PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    6.0.0.600
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder12 View Post
    Something seems to be eating battery life when you have the data services on. I wonder if it's stuck constantly searching for a signal between 2G and 3G. I've read some users having poor battery life because the phone is going back and forth between 2G & 3G.

    Let me ask, is there an app running in the background that may be sucking your battery life? You do close all apps by pressing the BB logo (the dots) and scrolling to close instead of the red telephone button, right?

    i wonder if the BatteryWatch app is the app causing the problems.

    Edit: I went to the AppWorld and read some of the reviews. While some love it, others said that it eats battery life.
    Since it's a free app, how about deleting it and watching your battery usage once it's gone and see if it's causing your battery issues.
    Yup, I agree about the searching issue you mentioned, but I switched to manual and disabled the automatic search when the manually selected network isn't available, and switched to 3G only a couple of days ago.
    And yeah, I close the apps with the BB button and then close, and not just the red button, and there's no app running in the background, I monitored the CPU usage in the device application management and there's no app using the CPU too much.
    About the BatteryWatch program, I think if it wants to eat my battery why does it do that just when the data service is turned on? Anyway I've already uninstalled it because it made me feel kinda disappointed each time I press the BB button too! And also the Traffic Control app I had because I thought maybe it eats the battery monitoring the traffic, but nothing changed again!
    I installed the OS without my SIM in the phone because I had to make an important call at that moment (I had never done that before), does that have anything to do that with this issue you think? I don't think so and I hope it doesn't but who knows? After all it's BlackBerry and everything is possible!
    Last edited by crazy6395; 07-14-2011 at 06:05 PM.



  4. #36
    crazy6395's Avatar
    crazy6395 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tehran - Iran
    PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    6.0.0.600
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by csussen View Post
    You were right. I now get 24h+ battery lifetime with the .600 OS on 3G and the OS hsn't even 'settled in' yet *dance*
    Lucky You :-)

  5. #37
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy6395 View Post
    Yup, I agree about the searching issue you mentioned, but I switched to manual and disabled the automatic search when the manually selected network isn't available, and switched to 3G only a couple of days ago.
    And yeah, I close the apps with the BB button and then close, and not just the red button, and there's no app running in the background, I monitored the CPU usage in the device application management and there's no app using the CPU too much.
    About the BatteryWatch program, I think if it wants to eat my battery why does it do that just when the data service is turned on? Anyway I've already uninstalled it because it made me feel kinda disappointed each time I press the BB button too! And also the Traffic Control app I had because I thought maybe it eats the battery monitoring the traffic, but nothing changed again!
    I installed the OS without my SIM in the phone because I had to make an important call at that moment (I had never done that before), does that have anything to do that with this issue you think? I don't think so and I hope it doesn't but who knows? After all it's BlackBerry and everything is possible!
    You're right about everything iz possible with a BB.
    Since you installed w\o the ZIM card in, I would try a reinstall with the card in. Who knows, it just might work.



  6. #38
    nw53 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Device
    9800
    OS
    6.0.0.600 AT&T
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    15
    I updated to the AT&T.600, I made sure the battery was full before loading OS (using the loader not DM) and did 3 battery pull after. The phone is set to 2g/3g and I use a bluetooth headset, now its been 47 1/2 hrs and I down to 30% battery life. I goten a much better battery life with the official AT&T than the .600 leak.

  7. #39
    ghostryder's Avatar
    ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    6.0.0.706
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by nw53 View Post
    I updated to the AT&T.600, I made sure the battery was full before loading OS (using the loader not DM) and did 3 battery pull after. The phone is set to 2g/3g and I use a bluetooth headset, now its been 47 1/2 hrs and I down to 30% battery life. I goten a much better battery life with the official AT&T than the .600 leak.
    That impressive compared between the leaked and official OS.

  8. #40
    crazy6395's Avatar
    crazy6395 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tehran - Iran
    PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    6.0.0.600
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder12 View Post
    You're right about everything iz possible with a BB.
    Since you installed w\o the ZIM card in, I would try a reinstall with the card in. Who knows, it just might work.

    Finally I did a couple of things which really affected the battery life, last night I was sending mails and some surfing for about 3 hrs on battery less than 5%, it's great victory for me in the recent days anyway!
    And let me tell u what I did after ofcourse checking almost every app and modules activity and cpu usage and so on, I did a device wipe on user installed apps in the security wipe, everything was gone, including the instant messengers in the (Aim, Yahoo, Live, GTalk), after that I noticed that the battery seems to be back in normal condition, the phone was getting warm just a bit and the battery wasn't draining as fast as before, in fact I felt it's back to normal! So I thought it was maybe one of my installed games caused the problem (cause I had just some games left on the phone at that time), so went to install the messengers from appworld, Aim, Live, Gtalk and noticed that Yahoo! Messenger isn't supported by my carrier according to what appworld said, anyway I installed it from Y! Web site and unbelievably saw that after each of these four, the phone's gettin' warmer and the battery level lowerin' faster!
    I sure am thirsty to find the answer to this! And realized that I activate my Gmail as an enterprise account, I don't know if this related to the issue or not, but I deactivated that and set up Gmail and Y!Mail just as a mailbox.
    Anyway after a couple of days, at least I've found the reason, and as a result today after doin' a lot of stuff with my phone, un\delete service books, mailboxes, contact sync/wipe, using/ IM+ lite, e-mails, browsing, several battery pulls and reboot, deleting app and etc. On 3G, the battery is 45% in the device info.
    And this was my essay on How I Spent The Last Few Days on BB!
    Any ideas especially about the IM apps? I need'em anyway!
    Last edited by crazy6395; 07-16-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Themes for the 9800 Torch
    By TheOnlyJrod in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 12:51 AM
  2. Severe Lagg
    By iJax in forum BlackBerry Storm 9530/9500
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 12:47 PM
  3. Help! Severe memory flux
    By n0m0n in forum General BlackBerry Issues
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 10:57 PM
  4. Need help fast--New OS draining battery!!
    By fire41 in forum 9530/9500 Operating Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:21 PM
  5. Battery issue after upgrading
    By fire41 in forum 9530/9500 Operating Software
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •