ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    So, it seems that the IMs are causing the battery loss as well as the email accounts? Is the Y!Mail set to push? I have Gmail and have it set to BIS, and am having no problems.

It does seem that you are closer to getting everything neat perfect with your Torch.

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

crazy6395 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder12 View Post
    So, it seems that the IMs are causing the battery loss as well as the email accounts? Is the Y!Mail set to push? I have Gmail and have it set to BIS, and am having no problems.

It does seem that you are closer to getting everything neat perfect with your Torch.
    IMs yup I think, since I can't find Y! Messenger in the appworld list, installing it may caused the problem, and also about enterprise activation and related things I'm not so familiar with'em but I thought maybe setting Gmail as a mailbox and also enterprise activated account simultaneously may cause a problem. I have two mailboxes already Y! and Gmail, and I don't know if they are set to anything or not since I'm a noobie in data plans using unfortunately :-)

Yes I hope so, I like my torch be neat perfect as you told, but this battery drain, it was a huge gap between me and my perfectionism about the BB!

csussen is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy6395 View Post
    Finally I did a couple of things which really affected the battery life, last night I was sending mails and some surfing for about 3 hrs on battery less than 5%, it's great victory for me in the recent days anyway!
    And let me tell u what I did after ofcourse checking almost every app and modules activity and cpu usage and so on, I did a device wipe on user installed apps in the security wipe, everything was gone, including the instant messengers in the (Aim, Yahoo, Live, GTalk), after that I noticed that the battery seems to be back in normal condition, the phone was getting warm just a bit and the battery wasn't draining as fast as before, in fact I felt it's back to normal! So I thought it was maybe one of my installed games caused the problem (cause I had just some games left on the phone at that time), so went to install the messengers from appworld, Aim, Live, Gtalk and noticed that Yahoo! Messenger isn't supported by my carrier according to what appworld said, anyway I installed it from Y! Web site and unbelievably saw that after each of these four, the phone's gettin' warmer and the battery level lowerin' faster!
    I sure am thirsty to find the answer to this! And realized that I activate my Gmail as an enterprise account, I don't know if this related to the issue or not, but I deactivated that and set up Gmail and Y!Mail just as a mailbox.
    Anyway after a couple of days, at least I've found the reason, and as a result today after doin' a lot of stuff with my phone, un\delete service books, mailboxes, contact sync/wipe, using/ IM+ lite, e-mails, browsing, several battery pulls and reboot, deleting app and etc. On 3G, the battery is 45% in the device info.
    And this was my essay on How I Spent The Last Few Days on BB!
    Any ideas especially about the IM apps? I need'em anyway!
    Just to clarify everything, in one or two words: what was the cause of your battery getting drained so fast?

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by csussen View Post
    Just to clarify everything, in one or two words: what was the cause of your battery getting drained so fast?
    I don't know, IMs which my carrier didn't support (maybe)!!

csussen is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nineday View Post
    how To update/ReInstall BlackBerry torch 9800 Operating System ?
    You can check my signature...
    --------->The pursuit of happiness leads to the road of success and fulfillment <---------

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by csussen View Post
    I'm sure now, i've installed Y! Messenger with my data plan unsubscribed, and the battery started to drain so fast till i made the data services off, and it's getting warmer and warmer again...so it seems that the problem is IMs...but still don't know why!!

grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    497 times
    RIM Announces Severe Battery Draining Issue on 9800 Torch-bbtorchos6.jpgI re-formatted my Torch 9800 last night cause I wanted to make sure I did it properly, as last time it was an upgrade using BB desktop manager, unlike the wipe first using BBSAK, then install a fresh OS6 using BBSAK, which I did this time.
    Listening to music, watching videos, BBM, wlm, yahoo, or making a few calls here and there....there was an acceptable loss of battery life to me.
    I don't know how to monitor this battery, unless there is an app for that, would anyone care to share?
    Just adding my 2 cents here...thanx guys.
    Last edited by grimreaper; 08-04-2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: screenshot

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbtorchOS6.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	2031I re-formatted my Torch 9800 last night cause I wanted to make sure I did it properly, as last time it was an upgrade using BB desktop manager, unlike the wipe first using BBSAK, then install a fresh OS6 using BBSAK, which I did this time.
    Listening to music, watching videos, BBM, wlm, yahoo, or making a few calls here and there....there was an acceptable loss of battery life to me.
    I don't know how to monitor this battery, unless there is an app for that, would anyone care to share?
    Just adding my 2 cents here...thanx guys.
    Here's one from AppWorld. https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...t/2860?lang=en. Features:
    - Tracks battery status over time - Line chart visualization of battery state by day, week, month.
    - Integration into native BlackBerry® applications - Battery level indicator icon and battery state (full charged, charging, unplugged).
    - Running out of battery warnings - Adjustable warning level and notifications.

There are others from .99 cents on up. Here's a link to a search result from AppWorld. https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...attery?lang=en.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

clive is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Liked
    24 times
    I had 576 on my 9800 for a longtime with no battery issues. Suddenly last week , I found my battery is in red wout any excessive usage..I am sure i didn't installed any app. I rebooted & kept data off during night and the problem disappeared...
    Looks like some app must be working in background...

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    I had 576 on my 9800 for a longtime with no battery issues. Suddenly last week , I found my battery is in red wout any excessive usage..I am sure i didn't installed any app. I rebooted & kept data off during night and the problem disappeared...
    Looks like some app must be working in background...
    Yup, and for me, those apps are the OS included IMs, especially Yahoo, maybe this problem is caused by the app constantly trying to communicate with the server or sth like this...

kasiuss is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same issues with .600, once the simcard is in the battery goes from 100% to 0% within 4 hours that's with moderate usage, Heavy usage will drain the battery within 1:30 to 2 hours ... !!!

This is nothing new blackberry always had battery issues, on top of everything else even my touchscreen is playing up i press one icon it highlights the other shame... due to all these problems i am going to switch to an Ipone or Android which i hate but i have no other alternative.

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    497 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder12 View Post
    Here's one from AppWorld. Features:
    - Tracks battery status over time - Line chart visualization of battery state by day, week, month.
    - Integration into native BlackBerry® applications - Battery level indicator icon and battery state (full charged, charging, unplugged).
    - Running out of battery warnings - Adjustable warning level and notifications.

There are others from .99 cents on up. Here's a link to a search result from AppWorld.
    Thank you ghostryder12
    I really appreciate your response I installed that app u posted, it's pretty good...
    On a side note, I still not have experienced any severe battery drainage.
    I also heard from Torch users who use OS6.0 [6.0.0.600] they have seemed to have more issues than users who have OS6 [6.0.0.448-like me] such as lack of Facebook notifications, other lack of features.
    I hope I wasn't off topic too much...thank u everyone.
    Ps-i had to delete the links prior to post this as I have only 8 total posts.

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Liked
    497 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kasiuss View Post
    I am having the same issues with .600, once the simcard is in the battery goes from 100% to 0% within 4 hours that's with moderate usage, Heavy usage will drain the battery within 1:30 to 2 hours ... !!!

This is nothing new blackberry always had battery issues, on top of everything else even my touchscreen is playing up i press one icon it highlights the other shame... due to all these problems i am going to switch to an Ipone or Android which i hate but i have no other alternative.
    Go back to 6.0.0.448 I'm sure this will solve many issues that you're experiencing.

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Thank you ghostryder12
    I really appreciate your response I installed that app u posted, it's pretty good...
    On a side note, I still not have experienced any severe battery drainage.
    I also heard from Torch users who use OS6.0 [6.0.0.600] they have seemed to have more issues than users who have OS6 [6.0.0.448-like me] such as lack of Facebook notifications, other lack of features.
    I hope I wasn't off topic too much...thank u everyone.
    Ps-i had to delete the links prior to post this as I have only 8 total posts.
    It does seem that the .600OS is having a battery affect, however I am not experiencing any issues. The .576OS seemed to have excellent battery life from what I remember reading and for those having battery issues with .600OS, I would recommend going back to .576OS.
    For those wanting to downgrade to .576OS for the Torch, it can be obtained here; BhartiAirtel_9800_6.0.0.576 - Downloads - BlackBerryOS.com and follow the instructions here; All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos
    Eleanor Roosevelt

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kasiuss View Post

Just forget about this .600 OS, it seems to have problem with almost everyone...believe me that downgrading your OS or try to find what causes this problem (for me it was IMs cause for example i found out later that my carrier's data plan didn't support Y! IM), is much better than switching to iHate or Andork! ;-)
    Last edited by crazy6395; 08-12-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123