crazy6395 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I hope so, this leaked .600 I'm using is a bit laggy and a bit weird I feel, especially after I got the data plan, before that it was good on battery life and speed, it's ridiculous that your battery drains when you put a SIM in your phone!

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    I'm thinking that the leaked OS had the battery issue, my AT&T official OS doesn't have a battery issue.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

csussen is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    40 times
    Here my feedback:
    .600 OS (leaked) gave me a lot of performance lag when using the OS. It didn't work as smooth as the .576 OS. Now after downgrading I could go at least 36H without a recharge on the 2G network.
    But as soon as I switched to the 3G network, the device would constantly be warm and I wouldn't even dare try to get 24H out of the battery unless of course I wanted to be presented with a batt low message

BTW when does the Torch have a battery issue? What is considered normal battery lifetime when on the 2G or/and 3G network?
    Last edited by csussen; 07-13-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: guestion

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by csussen View Post
    Here my feedback:
    .600 OS (leaked) gave me a lot of performance lag when using the OS. It didn't work as smooth as the .576 OS. Now after downgrading I could go at least 36H without a recharge on the 2G network.
    But as soon as I switched to the 3G network, the device would constantly be warm and I wouldn't even dare try to get 24H out of the battery unless of course I wanted to be presented with a batt low message

BTW when does the Torch have a battery issue? What is considered normal battery lifetime when on the 2G or/and 3G network?
    Well, with the "Official" .600 release that I got from AT&T, while using 2&3G along with WiFi, I can get over 2-3 days between charges. And that's with the battery still above 30%. Of course if I decide to spend extra time "playing" I'll get much less time, 36 hrs.
    Now is this the normal battery life using the 3G network is a question that I'd like to say is fact, but as you know it depends on how close to a tower you are among other issues.
    csussen likes this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Device
    OS
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostryder12 View Post
    Well, with the "Official" .600 release that I got from AT&T, while using 2&3G along with WiFi, I can get over 2-3 days between charges. And that's with the battery still above 30%. Of course if I decide to spend extra time "playing" I'll get much less time, 36 hrs.
    Now is this the normal battery life using the 3G network is a question that I'd like to say is fact, but as you know it depends on how close to a tower you are among other issues.
    2-3 days, damnnn I'm installing the official .600 right NOW!!!
    haha thanx for the feedback ghost btw I'm average 1-2 miles from the 3G tower.

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I'm thinking that the leaked OS had the battery issue, my AT&T official OS doesn't have a battery issue.

I installed the official AT&T but I'm afraid that nothing changed till now, I switched to 2G but the battery drains too fast, approximately 8-10% per hour, even if the phone is in the holster...I will wait till the next recharge to see what happens after a complete discharge and the re-charge after that, but I'm not so hopeful to have my long 3 to 4 days and even more battery life back!

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    2-3 days, damnnn I'm installing the official .600 right NOW!!!
    haha thanx for the feedback ghost btw I'm average 1-2 miles from the 3G tower.
    Now I'm envious...1-2 miles??? That's great.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy6395 View Post
    I installed the official AT&T but I'm afraid that nothing changed till now, I switched to 2G but the battery drains too fast, approximately 8-10% per hour, even if the phone is in the holster...I will wait till the next recharge to see what happens after a complete discharge and the re-charge after that, but I'm not so hopeful to have my long 3 to 4 days and even more battery life back!
    I've read that sometimes it takes 24+ hrs to get a new OS to settle in. Here's hoping the same works for you. Also, a couple of battery pulls with the device on also seems to help...Keep us updated.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I've read that sometimes it takes 24+ hrs to get a new OS to settle in. Here's hoping the same works for you. Also, a couple of battery pulls with the device on also seems to help...Keep us updated.
    Yeah, it sounds logical, I've done the battery pulls after OS install, now I'm waiting for the battery to become completely empty so I'll charge it again and do a couple of battery pulls after that.
    One thing to add is the battery life is great with network connection being turned off, I've got this program BatteryWatch and the battery log is really funny : )) it's like a crashed plan falling of the sky with a 90' angle!
    Last edited by crazy6395; 07-14-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    40 times
    Yeah, it sounds logical, I've done the battery pulls after OS install, now I'm waiting for the battery to become completely empty so I'll charge it again and do a couple of battery pulls after that.
    One thing to add is the battery life is great with network connection being turned off, I've got this program BatteryWatch and the battery log is really funny : )) it's like a crashed plan falling of the sky with a 90' angle!
    Nice! So by my understanding your are going to use the device with the network connection turned off?

Device
    OS
    Liked
    40 times
    Now I'm envious...1-2 miles??? That's great.
    You were right. I now get 24h+ battery lifetime with the .600 OS on 3G and the OS hsn't even 'settled in' yet *dance*

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Nice! So by my understanding your are going to use the device with the network connection turned off?
    It's been about 30 hrs after re-installing the official AT&T .600 os, the battery became empty a couple of hrs ago completely and I re-charged it, I also did 3 or 4 battery pulls in a row, and nothing changed, the battery drain starts as soon as I turn the data service on, no matter I surf on the internet or start using apps or keeping the phone in the holster, it just drains and drains, the battery temperature is usually above 35'C/95'F and it goes higher, the voltage is above 3500 mV and goes higher...honestly I somehow am tired of this, now I'm sure it is the data services I have problem with, but that doesn't make sense to me at all, I use 3G without data services and the battery is great...

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    You were right. I now get 24h+ battery lifetime with the .600 OS on 3G and the OS hsn't even 'settled in' yet *dance*
    That's great. There must have been something in the leaked .600 that was causing lots of problems. Glad it's working better.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    It's been about 30 hrs after re-installing the official AT&T .600 os, the battery became empty a couple of hrs ago completely and I re-charged it, I also did 3 or 4 battery pulls in a row, and nothing changed, the battery drain starts as soon as I turn the data service on, no matter I surf on the internet or start using apps or keeping the phone in the holster, it just drains and drains, the battery temperature is usually above 35'C/95'F and it goes higher, the voltage is above 3500 mV and goes higher...honestly I somehow am tired of this, now I'm sure it is the data services I have problem with, but that doesn't make sense to me at all, I use 3G without data services and the battery is great...
    Something seems to be eating battery life when you have the data services on. I wonder if it's stuck constantly searching for a signal between 2G and 3G. I've read some users having poor battery life because the phone is going back and forth between 2G & 3G.

Let me ask, is there an app running in the background that may be sucking your battery life? You do close all apps by pressing the BB logo (the dots) and scrolling to close instead of the red telephone button, right?

i wonder if the BatteryWatch app is the app causing the problems.

Edit: I went to the AppWorld and read some of the reviews. While some love it, others said that it eats battery life.
    Since it's a free app, how about deleting it and watching your battery usage once it's gone and see if it's causing your battery issues.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Something seems to be eating battery life when you have the data services on. I wonder if it's stuck constantly searching for a signal between 2G and 3G. I've read some users having poor battery life because the phone is going back and forth between 2G & 3G.

Let me ask, is there an app running in the background that may be sucking your battery life? You do close all apps by pressing the BB logo (the dots) and scrolling to close instead of the red telephone button, right?

i wonder if the BatteryWatch app is the app causing the problems.

Edit: I went to the AppWorld and read some of the reviews. While some love it, others said that it eats battery life.
    Since it's a free app, how about deleting it and watching your battery usage once it's gone and see if it's causing your battery issues.
    Yup, I agree about the searching issue you mentioned, but I switched to manual and disabled the automatic search when the manually selected network isn't available, and switched to 3G only a couple of days ago.
    And yeah, I close the apps with the BB button and then close, and not just the red button, and there's no app running in the background, I monitored the CPU usage in the device application management and there's no app using the CPU too much.
    About the BatteryWatch program, I think if it wants to eat my battery why does it do that just when the data service is turned on? Anyway I've already uninstalled it because it made me feel kinda disappointed each time I press the BB button too! And also the Traffic Control app I had because I thought maybe it eats the battery monitoring the traffic, but nothing changed again!
    I installed the OS without my SIM in the phone because I had to make an important call at that moment (I had never done that before), does that have anything to do that with this issue you think? I don't think so and I hope it doesn't but who knows? After all it's BlackBerry and everything is possible!
    Last edited by crazy6395; 07-14-2011 at 06:05 PM.

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Lucky You :-)

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Yup, I agree about the searching issue you mentioned, but I switched to manual and disabled the automatic search when the manually selected network isn't available, and switched to 3G only a couple of days ago.
    And yeah, I close the apps with the BB button and then close, and not just the red button, and there's no app running in the background, I monitored the CPU usage in the device application management and there's no app using the CPU too much.
    About the BatteryWatch program, I think if it wants to eat my battery why does it do that just when the data service is turned on? Anyway I've already uninstalled it because it made me feel kinda disappointed each time I press the BB button too! And also the Traffic Control app I had because I thought maybe it eats the battery monitoring the traffic, but nothing changed again!
    I installed the OS without my SIM in the phone because I had to make an important call at that moment (I had never done that before), does that have anything to do that with this issue you think? I don't think so and I hope it doesn't but who knows? After all it's BlackBerry and everything is possible!
    You're right about everything iz possible with a BB.
    Since you installed w\o the ZIM card in, I would try a reinstall with the card in. Who knows, it just might work.

nw53 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    6.0.0.600 AT&T
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    2 times
    I updated to the AT&T.600, I made sure the battery was full before loading OS (using the loader not DM) and did 3 battery pull after. The phone is set to 2g/3g and I use a bluetooth headset, now its been 47 1/2 hrs and I down to 30% battery life. I goten a much better battery life with the official AT&T than the .600 leak.

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nw53 View Post
    I updated to the AT&T.600, I made sure the battery was full before loading OS (using the loader not DM) and did 3 battery pull after. The phone is set to 2g/3g and I use a bluetooth headset, now its been 47 1/2 hrs and I down to 30% battery life. I goten a much better battery life with the official AT&T than the .600 leak.
    That impressive compared between the leaked and official OS.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

PIN
    26BA6112
    Device
    9800 Torch White
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    You're right about everything iz possible with a BB.
    Since you installed w\o the ZIM card in, I would try a reinstall with the card in. Who knows, it just might work.

Finally I did a couple of things which really affected the battery life, last night I was sending mails and some surfing for about 3 hrs on battery less than 5%, it's great victory for me in the recent days anyway!
    And let me tell u what I did after ofcourse checking almost every app and modules activity and cpu usage and so on, I did a device wipe on user installed apps in the security wipe, everything was gone, including the instant messengers in the (Aim, Yahoo, Live, GTalk), after that I noticed that the battery seems to be back in normal condition, the phone was getting warm just a bit and the battery wasn't draining as fast as before, in fact I felt it's back to normal! So I thought it was maybe one of my installed games caused the problem (cause I had just some games left on the phone at that time), so went to install the messengers from appworld, Aim, Live, Gtalk and noticed that Yahoo! Messenger isn't supported by my carrier according to what appworld said, anyway I installed it from Y! Web site and unbelievably saw that after each of these four, the phone's gettin' warmer and the battery level lowerin' faster!
    I sure am thirsty to find the answer to this! And realized that I activate my Gmail as an enterprise account, I don't know if this related to the issue or not, but I deactivated that and set up Gmail and Y!Mail just as a mailbox.
    Anyway after a couple of days, at least I've found the reason, and as a result today after doin' a lot of stuff with my phone, un\delete service books, mailboxes, contact sync/wipe, using/ IM+ lite, e-mails, browsing, several battery pulls and reboot, deleting app and etc. On 3G, the battery is 45% in the device info.
    And this was my essay on How I Spent The Last Few Days on BB!
    Any ideas especially about the IM apps? I need'em anyway!
    Last edited by crazy6395; 07-16-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast