PIN
    22CC2F8F
    Device
    torch
    OS
    Liked
    4 times

Torch freezes

I have had my torch for about a year. I am having problems with it freezing and lagging ALL the time. Any suggestions? I did an update on it through desktop manager and it didn't seem to fix it, actually has gotten worse.

TwistMyMind is online now Editor In Chief Follow TwistMyMind On Twitter Add TwistMyMind on Facebook Add TwistMyMind on Google+ Add TwistMyMind on Linkedin Visit TwistMyMind's Youtube Channel
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Telus
    Liked
    296 times
    which OS version are you using?
    Follow me on Twitter

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l Resource Center

kristiewestraspe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    22CC2F8F
    Device
    torch
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Well I am not real Technically savy.....LOL Whne I go into the phone I'm not sure if it is the 6.0 Bundle 2342 (v6.0.0.526) or the Platform 6.6.0.195

TwistMyMind is online now Editor In Chief Follow TwistMyMind On Twitter Add TwistMyMind on Facebook Add TwistMyMind on Google+ Add TwistMyMind on Linkedin Visit TwistMyMind's Youtube Channel
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Telus
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kristiewestraspe View Post
    Well I am not real Technically savy.....LOL Whne I go into the phone I'm not sure if it is the 6.0 Bundle 2342 (v6.0.0.526) or the Platform 6.6.0.195
    What carrier are you with?
    Follow me on Twitter

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l Resource Center

kristiewestraspe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    22CC2F8F
    Device
    torch
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    AT&T My friend has the same phone same carrier and she is having the same problem also. It also lags or sticks per sa. It freezes but not as much as it lags or sticks and the little clock looking icon comes on and turns. This happens CONSTANTLY. Every time you use the phone at all.

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    226 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kristiewestraspe View Post
    AT&T My friend has the same phone same carrier and she is having the same problem also. It also lags or sticks per sa. It freezes but not as much as it lags or sticks and the little clock looking icon comes on and turns. This happens CONSTANTLY. Every time you use the phone at all.
    I suggest a different OS. AT&T's 526 isn't that great. Take a look here, Official: OS v6.0.0.546 for BlackBerry Torch 9800 via Vodafone, and following the instructions in the first post. Read thru the How to Upgrade Your Device - With Pictures and Video a few times to get comfortable with the procedures. Make sure to do everything in the instructions and all will go well. The .546 is much better than .526 that AT&T has made available to us AT&T users.
    No worries about voiding any warranty with AT&T because it is an official release approved by RIM, it's just that AT&T has not "blessed" it yet.

Any questions, let us know. We'll be happy to help.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Vivek@MobiBiz is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9520 (Currently)
    OS
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi Kristine, I see ghostryder already has given you all the information needed to fix your device, Kindly let us know if the OS swap fixes the issue you have been facing. Ideally it should fix it.

Bear is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9800 Torch
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    My daughter and I are having the same problem with our 9800's, I'm running 6.0 bundle 2647. Not exactly sure what that means but I'm wondering if the OS is the problem. I'm with Virgin Mobile and BB says I'm running the most current version. I'll even get the "white screen of death" every once in a while too. But mostly freezing in the middle of a text message! Any help / suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. thx

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    226 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    My daughter and I are having the same problem with our 9800's, I'm running 6.0 bundle 2647. Not exactly sure what that means but I'm wondering if the OS is the problem. I'm with Virgin Mobile and BB says I'm running the most current version. I'll even get the "white screen of death" every once in a while too. But mostly freezing in the middle of a text message! Any help / suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. thx
    You do not have to get your Torch OS from your provider using the Desktop Manager. You can go here and get the latest Official OS upgrade. I have been using the .600 OS for a few months now but RIM has released .666 and .668 (668 being the latest). Read through All In One Guide - How To Upgrade Your Device - with Pictures & Videos a few times getting used to what is being said. But you do not have to wipe your device as stated in Post 3 = Wiping Device Memory Using BB Swiss Army Knife, the 6.0 OS does not need to be wiped. Once you have followed these instructions, you should have the latest and greatest OS for the Torch.

Remember that when you are going to install the new OS, make sure that your DM is closed, because it will interfere with the upgrade process.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    Joe Jerde, ice2921 and Bear like this.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt

ice2921 is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow ice2921 On Twitter
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    754 times
    I can testify that the .666 version is the most stable yet. I Highly suggest you upgrade to that version.
    ghostryder likes this.

doc4computerz is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow doc4computerz On Twitter
    PIN
    2808D755
    Device
    OS
    Carrier
    digicel, Jamaica
    Liked
    1 times
    do a full wipe then a clean install< i had that problem and the "simple upgrade didn't help so a backup>>wipe>>then clean install.......problem solved
    Joe Jerde likes this.

csussen is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    40 times
    Yes a wipe is highly promoted before install...
    I sometimes had a laggy experience if I didn't do the wipe. I suggest you do the full wipe and after that install the .666 (Devil):evil: version. lol just joking

***The good way of installing an OS like mentioned earlier can also be found in my signature
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    --------->The pursuit of happiness leads to the road of success and fulfillment <---------

Bear is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9800 Torch
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a 9800, can I load the 7.0 op system?

Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    226 times
    The hardware in the 9800 does not allow upgrade to OS7. The platform of the newer devices is far more advanced than OS6.
    We will have to wait till we can upgrade to a newer OS7 device.