PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!

What? No talk & surf with the Torch on AT&T!

I love my Torch, but man am I missing Big Red did I really just say that???? ATT really locked this BB down. I was on hold the other day and needed to access the internet and I couldn't believe it when got the message that it couldn't be done while a call was in progress. I called ATT, they had no info at all, only said that the Iphone could do this.

I also knew that the coverage was not as good as VZW in my area, but I NEVER get 3G and I am really thinking about switching back to VZW. I don't use the Torch they way I used my Storms 1 and 2 because I only get EDGE and it is lousy. Anyone else feel this way as well?

PIN
    22d7e6bc
    Device
    torch 9800
    OS
    I'm a torch user and I love it, to be able to use internet while on a phone call, you need to be on 3G or have access to wifi, I do it all the time, if your just on edge you can not use the net while on a phone call. In my area ATT beats Verizion every time, I get download speeds on 3G of 600 KBs, which is equal to 6 Mbs on dsl or cable.

PIN
    22F7D282
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    I love my Torch, but man am I missing Big Red did I really just say that???? ATT really locked this BB down. I was on hold the other day and needed to access the internet and I couldn't believe it when got the message that it couldn't be done while a call was in progress. I called ATT, they had no info at all, only said that the Iphone could do this.

I also knew that the coverage was not as good as VZW in my area, but I NEVER get 3G and I am really thinking about switching back to VZW. I don't use the Torch they way I used my Storms 1 and 2 because I only get EDGE and it is lousy. Anyone else feel this way as well?
    I can talk @ surf on my Torch. I'm from Columbus,Ohio @ I've never had that problem.

Man Crickee, sounds like your getting the short end of the stick! Bummer

Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    OS 7.1
    sounds like it's a coverage issue and not a carrier issue. i'm on ATT and can talk and surf on my Torch. Like someone said earlier either you aren't in a 3G area or somehow in manage connections your connection is set to 2G