Torch and Range Rover Sport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Torch and Range Rover Sport

  1. #1
    NstyDevil is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Device
    8900
    OS
    v5.0.0.1036
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times

    Torch and Range Rover Sport

    I have a user in the firm that just purchased a new 2011 Range Rover Sport. We have been trying to get his Torch connected to his new vehicle.

    the Range Rover website indicates that the tested version of the OS on the Torch, is Bundle 494, 6.0.0.201

    I have yet to see this particular version of the OS. it's not listed on here, and the Dealer is of no help what-so-ever.

    Googled the web for this particular bundle, but to no avail. suggestions?




  2. #2
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,809
    Liked
    1500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NstyDevil View Post
    I have a user in the firm that just purchased a new 2011 Range Rover Sport. We have been trying to get his Torch connected to his new vehicle.

    the Range Rover website indicates that the tested version of the OS on the Torch, is Bundle 494, 6.0.0.201

    I have yet to see this particular version of the OS. it's not listed on here, and the Dealer is of no help what-so-ever.

    Googled the web for this particular bundle, but to no avail. suggestions?
    Sounds like a very early version of the OS 6 for Torch, and may have been something that worked when the Torch was first released. If the device is not pairing correctly with the Rover with the current OS on the Torch, you can try and rollback to the earliest OS version you can find, which may help.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  3. #3
    NstyDevil is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Device
    8900
    OS
    v5.0.0.1036
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    that is part of the problem, I can't find that particular version of the OS.

  4. #4
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,809
    Liked
    1500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NstyDevil View Post
    that is part of the problem, I can't find that particular version of the OS.
    I'm not saying use that OS, but try and use the earliest OS that you can find.

    We have in our downloads center the following for the Torch for leaked OS... 9800 Torch - Downloads - BlackBerry Forums at BlackBerryOS.com

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  5. #5
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NstyDevil View Post
    that is part of the problem, I can't find that particular version of the OS.
    I found 141 and 246 on BB site. See if they work. Choose your provider and then 9800

    I don't see 201 out there. So it may just be gone now with the newer versions...

    What are the specific issues you are having with the pairing of the device to the vehicle?
    Last edited by Neolantis; 02-23-2011 at 01:45 AM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  6. #6
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,809
    Liked
    1500 times
    It may also be that .201 was just a secluded OS for a very limited time for that particular integration with the Rover. Perhaps they didn't plan on future operating systems being incompatible. Or, perhaps there is another way to get it to work that we aren't seeing.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  7. #7
    NstyDevil is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Device
    8900
    OS
    v5.0.0.1036
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    I heard from the Land Rover headquarters in New Jersey, and they indicated that version 6.0.0.141 is the version that works with this particular vehicle.

    Tech Support at a local land rover dealer didn't have a clue, and the version they are suggesting is not available from our service provider. Went to AT&T to download their version, and will install it on Tues of next week. user is away till then.

  8. #8
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,809
    Liked
    1500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NstyDevil View Post
    I heard from the Land Rover headquarters in New Jersey, and they indicated that version 6.0.0.141 is the version that works with this particular vehicle.

    Tech Support at a local land rover dealer didn't have a clue, and the version they are suggesting is not available from our service provider. Went to AT&T to download their version, and will install it on Tues of next week. user is away till then.
    Nice to see you are making progress now. Let us know how it turns out for you. I'm surprised that the Land Rover system is not being updated with the Torch integration. Leaves you stuck with one particular OS.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  9. #9
    egombrich is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0 1907
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm similarly having a problem, but can offer some add'l info:

    Range Rover Sport is a 2007
    BB Bold and all prior model paired perfectly
    BB Torch pairs fine with our 2004 BMW
    When I go thu the pairing mode, everything appears to be fine (phone sees vehicle, asks for pwd, when entered indicated paired correctly), bit it's simply not paired.
    Torch is on v6.0 Bundle 1907

    Not sure what to do?

  10. #10
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,809
    Liked
    1500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by egombrich View Post
    I'm similarly having a problem, but can offer some add'l info:

    Range Rover Sport is a 2007
    BB Bold and all prior model paired perfectly
    BB Torch pairs fine with our 2004 BMW
    When I go thu the pairing mode, everything appears to be fine (phone sees vehicle, asks for pwd, when entered indicated paired correctly), bit it's simply not paired.
    Torch is on v6.0 Bundle 1907

    Not sure what to do?
    What OS are you running on your Torch. Go to Options/About to see.

    The other member with this issue was told this:
    I heard from the Land Rover headquarters in New Jersey, and they indicated that version 6.0.0.141 is the version that works with this particular vehicle.
    It may be worth it to contact Land Rover Headquarters to see what they have to say about your particular vehicle.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  11. #11
    egombrich is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0 1907
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    What OS are you running on your Torch. Go to Options/About to see.

    The other member with this issue was told this:


    It may be worth it to contact Land Rover Headquarters to see what they have to say about your particular vehicle.
    Thanks Joseph.

    As I indicated, my Torch is on 6.0 with bundle 1907.

    I will try to contact Land Rover, but doubt they'll have much to say.

    I should have added that I recently unlocked this phone, and went to a new carrier...prior to that, it worked fine. So I suspect the sw in the phone is the culprit...

  12. #12
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,809
    Liked
    1500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by egombrich View Post
    Thanks Joseph.

    As I indicated, my Torch is on 6.0 with bundle 1907.

    I will try to contact Land Rover, but doubt they'll have much to say.

    I should have added that I recently unlocked this phone, and went to a new carrier...prior to that, it worked fine. So I suspect the sw in the phone is the culprit...
    Did you update your OS after changing carriers?

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  13. #13
    egombrich is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0 1907
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    Did you update your OS after changing carriers?
    Not deliberately...although I did start using the BB Desktop Manager...was previously on a BES with my former company.

  14. #14
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,809
    Liked
    1500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by egombrich View Post
    Not deliberately...although I did start using the BB Desktop Manager...was previously on a BES with my former company.
    Just curious, becuase the other guy said that he was told a specific app version of the OS was to work with the vehicle. I see you have bundle 1907, but what app version are you running? He was told that 6.0.0.141 was designed to work with the vehicle, which is a very early release of OS 6.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  15. #15
    egombrich is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0 1907
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    Just curious, becuase the other guy said that he was told a specific app version of the OS was to work with the vehicle. I see you have bundle 1907, but what app version are you running? He was told that 6.0.0.141 was designed to work with the vehicle, which is a very early release of OS 6.
    Rolled back, and that seemed to fix it. Not sure how to notify RIM of the issue...but I'd be shocked if I'm the only one that's experienced it with the latest version of sw.

    By the way, the current one working is 6.0.0.246 (platform 6.4.0.105)
    Joe Jerde likes this.

  16. #16
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,809
    Liked
    1500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by egombrich View Post
    Rolled back, and that seemed to fix it. Not sure how to notify RIM of the issue...but I'd be shocked if I'm the only one that's experienced it with the latest version of sw.

    By the way, the current one working is 6.0.0.246 (platform 6.4.0.105)
    Awesome, thanks for sharing. I bet it will be pulling teeth to get RIM to update the issue. You could always try to call their headquarters and see what direction you should go.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  17. #17
    rudy35 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Device
    torch 9800
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    1 times
    I have the exact same problem with the BB Torch and my 2011 RR Sport. Did you resolve the issue? Thanks
    Neolantis likes this.

  18. #18
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    188 times
    yes please let us know so we can take advantage of this info.
    I work in the auto parts field and would even pass it on to our customers.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy35 View Post
    I have the exact same problem with the BB Torch and my 2011 RR Sport. Did you resolve the issue? Thanks
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  19. #19
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,809
    Liked
    1500 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy35 View Post
    I have the exact same problem with the BB Torch and my 2011 RR Sport. Did you resolve the issue? Thanks
    If you take a look at what solved the issue for the others in this thread was rolling back to an earlier OS that worked. You may want to try this as well.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  20. #20
    rudy35 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Device
    torch 9800
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    1 times
    I found the earlier OS system but I am unsure how to download to my BB Torch. When I tried to use my BB Desktop it would recognize the downloaded file. Can I download directly to my Torch? Or do I have use the BB desktop? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Rudy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HELP! Torch won't start up!!
    By Ragad_Alani in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 06:14 PM
  2. Torch & Verizon
    By neil154 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 10:08 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •