Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 29

  1. #9
    egombrich is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0 1907
    Posts
    4
    I'm similarly having a problem, but can offer some add'l info:

    Range Rover Sport is a 2007
    BB Bold and all prior model paired perfectly
    BB Torch pairs fine with our 2004 BMW
    When I go thu the pairing mode, everything appears to be fine (phone sees vehicle, asks for pwd, when entered indicated paired correctly), bit it's simply not paired.
    Torch is on v6.0 Bundle 1907

    Not sure what to do?




  2. #10
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,927
    Quote Originally Posted by egombrich View Post
    I'm similarly having a problem, but can offer some add'l info:

    Range Rover Sport is a 2007
    BB Bold and all prior model paired perfectly
    BB Torch pairs fine with our 2004 BMW
    When I go thu the pairing mode, everything appears to be fine (phone sees vehicle, asks for pwd, when entered indicated paired correctly), bit it's simply not paired.
    Torch is on v6.0 Bundle 1907

    Not sure what to do?
    What OS are you running on your Torch. Go to Options/About to see.

    The other member with this issue was told this:
    I heard from the Land Rover headquarters in New Jersey, and they indicated that version 6.0.0.141 is the version that works with this particular vehicle.
    It may be worth it to contact Land Rover Headquarters to see what they have to say about your particular vehicle.

  3. #11
    egombrich is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0 1907
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    What OS are you running on your Torch. Go to Options/About to see.

    The other member with this issue was told this:


    It may be worth it to contact Land Rover Headquarters to see what they have to say about your particular vehicle.
    Thanks Joseph.

    As I indicated, my Torch is on 6.0 with bundle 1907.

    I will try to contact Land Rover, but doubt they'll have much to say.

    I should have added that I recently unlocked this phone, and went to a new carrier...prior to that, it worked fine. So I suspect the sw in the phone is the culprit...

  4. #12
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,927
    Quote Originally Posted by egombrich View Post
    Thanks Joseph.

    As I indicated, my Torch is on 6.0 with bundle 1907.

    I will try to contact Land Rover, but doubt they'll have much to say.

    I should have added that I recently unlocked this phone, and went to a new carrier...prior to that, it worked fine. So I suspect the sw in the phone is the culprit...
    Did you update your OS after changing carriers?

  5. #13
    egombrich is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0 1907
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    Did you update your OS after changing carriers?
    Not deliberately...although I did start using the BB Desktop Manager...was previously on a BES with my former company.

  6. #14
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,927
    Quote Originally Posted by egombrich View Post
    Not deliberately...although I did start using the BB Desktop Manager...was previously on a BES with my former company.
    Just curious, becuase the other guy said that he was told a specific app version of the OS was to work with the vehicle. I see you have bundle 1907, but what app version are you running? He was told that 6.0.0.141 was designed to work with the vehicle, which is a very early release of OS 6.

  7. #15
    egombrich is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    6.0 1907
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    Just curious, becuase the other guy said that he was told a specific app version of the OS was to work with the vehicle. I see you have bundle 1907, but what app version are you running? He was told that 6.0.0.141 was designed to work with the vehicle, which is a very early release of OS 6.
    Rolled back, and that seemed to fix it. Not sure how to notify RIM of the issue...but I'd be shocked if I'm the only one that's experienced it with the latest version of sw.

    By the way, the current one working is 6.0.0.246 (platform 6.4.0.105)

  8. #16
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,927
    Quote Originally Posted by egombrich View Post
    Rolled back, and that seemed to fix it. Not sure how to notify RIM of the issue...but I'd be shocked if I'm the only one that's experienced it with the latest version of sw.

    By the way, the current one working is 6.0.0.246 (platform 6.4.0.105)
    Awesome, thanks for sharing. I bet it will be pulling teeth to get RIM to update the issue. You could always try to call their headquarters and see what direction you should go.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HELP! Torch won't start up!!
    By Ragad_Alani in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 07:14 PM
  2. Torch & Verizon
    By neil154 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 11:08 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •