Torch and Range Rover Sport - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torch and Range Rover Sport

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy35 View Post
    I found the earlier OS system but I am unsure how to download to my BB Torch. When I tried to use my BB Desktop it would recognize the downloaded file. Can I download directly to my Torch? Or do I have use the BB desktop? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Rudy
    Generally Desktop Manager is the way to go, unless you have a carrier update that you can check and download OTA (over the air) directly to your device. To check for a update from your device go to... Options... Device... Software Updates. If there is a update, make sure you leave your device plugged into a charger as updating OTA will take some time and battery. You will not want to use your device until the update is complete.

If there is no update via OTA, then you will want to install via Desktop Manager. First find out what OS you have installed by going to... Options... Device... About Device Versions... and then see the 3rd line down. Should say something like v6.0.0.xxx. That is your current OS installed on your device. Now, the question is whether you want to upgrade or downgrade the OS to see if it will be compatible with your vehicle? Once you have decided on a OS to install, follow our online tutorial on how to do this... http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

hartly69 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow hartly69 On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    Liked
    0 times
    I have same problem with my Torch and RR Sport 2008. I've tried reinstalling the operating system however I don't appear to have a vendor.xml file in the App Loader folder to delete.

I'm finding that it therefore keeps reinstalling the latest version of the BB op software (which obviously won't allow me to connect via Bluetooth to my vehicle). Any ideas?

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hartly69 View Post
    I have same problem with my Torch and RR Sport 2008. I've tried reinstalling the operating system however I don't appear to have a vendor.xml file in the App Loader folder to delete.

I'm finding that it therefore keeps reinstalling the latest version of the BB op software (which obviously won't allow me to connect via Bluetooth to my vehicle). Any ideas?
    Hello Hartly69,

Are you trying to upgrade or downgrade your OS?

Have you already installed the OS of choice onto your computer?

hartly69 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow hartly69 On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    Liked
    0 times
    Downgrade and yes I have already installed a previous version of the OS on my PC (one of the versions recommended earlier in this thread).

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hartly69 View Post
    Downgrade and yes I have already installed a previous version of the OS on my PC (one of the versions recommended earlier in this thread).
    Have you uninstalled your current OS version on your PC? If you don't uninstall the current OS version on your PC then Desktop Manager will always push to install the most recent update and won't recognize the earlier OS.

Also, be sure to do a backup of your device before downgrading.

bili20 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9700, 8520
    OS
    Bundle
    Liked
    0 times
    I have other problem with pairing. My mother has recently bought new volvo s60 and I can't connect my Curve 8520 and her Bold 9700 to it. Both phones' systems are up to date BBOS 5.0. The Bluetooth Pairing Helper Application is built just for BBOS 6.0, isn't it?
    In my country there is no os6 for these models (no idea if in other is )

I'm certain, that I'am doin' all well, and I think that car see the blackberry, becouse during listeting (on blackberry's display) after few seconds the blue LED flashes once for a moment. And then phone shouts sth like "couldn't connect to loudspeaker system". There is no option to looking for the phone by car's bluetooth.

There are no problems for to pair nokia, iphone withe the volvo and these blackberries with the Citroen.

Do You have any solution? Please, help my mother. Thanks a million.

PS. I'm from Poland, Europe, so forgive me grammar mistakes.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bili20 View Post
    I have other problem with pairing. My mother has recently bought new volvo s60 and I can't connect my Curve 8520 and her Bold 9700 to it. Both phones' systems are up to date BBOS 5.0. The Bluetooth Pairing Helper Application is built just for BBOS 6.0, isn't it?
    In my country there is no os6 for these models (no idea if in other is )

I'm certain, that I'am doin' all well, and I think that car see the blackberry, becouse during listeting (on blackberry's display) after few seconds the blue LED flashes once for a moment. And then phone shouts sth like "couldn't connect to loudspeaker system". There is no option to looking for the phone by car's bluetooth.

There are no problems for to pair nokia, iphone withe the volvo and these blackberries with the Citroen.

Do You have any solution? Please, help my mother. Thanks a million.

PS. I'm from Poland, Europe, so forgive me grammar mistakes.
    Hello Bill,

You can update the 9700 device to OS6, update and see if that helps.

bili20 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9700, 8520
    OS
    Bundle
    Liked
    0 times
    Thx, Joe. I'm sure, it'll help, but when I connect BB to the PC, BB desktop software doesn't find any 6th system... I think, that is caused by fact we have no BES or BIS, isn't it?

It is possible to install it manually?

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bili20 View Post
    Thx, Joe. I'm sure, it'll help, but when I connect BB to the PC, BB desktop software doesn't find any 6th system... I think, that is caused by fact we have no BES or BIS, isn't it?

It is possible to install it manually?
    It may just be your carrier has not released a OS6 version yet. But you can update manually with a leaked OS or another carrier OS and deleting the vendor xml file.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12