Torch 9800 webkit browser Head-to-Head-to-Head

Thread: Torch 9800 webkit browser Head-to-Head-to-Head

BBSuperAbuser is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BBSuperAbuser On Twitter Add BBSuperAbuser on Facebook Visit BBSuperAbuser's Youtube Channel
    PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    79 times

Torch 9800 webkit browser Head-to-Head-to-Head

Pitting the smokin' hot 9800 against the iPhone 4 and Samsung Captivate, Crackberry made a sad discovery. The Torch came in third. But, for all you Apple haters, there is some good news, the Captivate blew the Cupertino dynamo out of the water. When you also consider the 9800 is getting data that has been preprocessed by RIM's servers in Waterloo, maybe it's not so slow. Being on AT&T probably didn't help all that much. The 9800 does fare very well in the WiFi test, although, still last in speed. But it definitely is twice as fast, if not more, than my beloved 9700. The webkit browser is awesome in the performance dept, if not speed-wise. I think RIM is finally catching up to rival phone makers with it's webkit browser, and a nice big touchscreen doesn't hurt any either. From what I can see, my poor 9700 now has performance anxiety.

Now if I can convince the wife to let me part with 200 bucks, I'll be all over the 9800. What if I give you my 9700, dear?

• Discuss this below

Spade is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Spade On Twitter
    PIN
    21cec6be
    Device
    9700 Bold
    OS
    Liked
    2 times
    someone get me off tmo and on to att