The BlackBerry 9800 (Slider) is Coming to AT&T on AUGUST 15th!!!

Thread: The BlackBerry 9800 (Slider) is Coming to AT&T on AUGUST 15th!!!

TheOnlyJrod is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    The "New" AT&T
    Liked
    123 times

The BlackBerry 9800 (Slider) is Coming to AT&T on AUGUST 15th!!!

This is just the news I have been waiting for! Just yesterday, tech site VentureBeat reported that Fundís John Albright, the BlackBerry 9800 (aka the Slider) will hit the market August 15 on AT&T. I have been able to confirm this here in Denver, as a reliable source of mine said that the 9800 ordering will soon begin for AT&T. We all know it would come soon and that it was for sure GSM, and he we see that AT&T will be the first to release, and sooner then expected. Now that this device is projected to launch so early, some have started to question whether or not it will come preloaded with OS6. Could BlackBerry's New OS6 be ready already??? We will have to wait and see!!

AstroFreddy is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow AstroFreddy On Twitter
    PIN
    30BE05F6
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Hmm.

Based on the device leaks, I want to believe you. I'm surprised we haven't seen more OS leaks for other devices that will run OS6, so I am not sure what to think.

Bitpartdemon is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bitpartdemon On Twitter
    PIN
    2350E958
    Device
    9800/ PB
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Rumour or not an actual date is promising! AT&T in the states huh? well i wonder how long us Canadians will have to wait? I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of this BB, call me crazy but I really like the looks of it. So if they were to release this one without the OS6 it would still be all good for the upgrade when OS6 does come out right? But then again I guess it would be great to have a new BB with all the new OS as well. I guess we shall see, I'm pretty sure we've been saying that since the rumour of the OS and Slider even started.

munchkinsdad is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow munchkinsdad On Twitter
    PIN
    315958E4
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    AT&T Ready to Reveal BlackBerry 9800?

Gizmodo reveals a huge structure in an AT&T store...what is it going to reveal? NOT seen in the picture are the words "innovation comes to life" and "Rethink Possible," AT&T's new slogan. Even the store employees are being kept in the dark on this one! We will most likely find out at the AT&T and RIM Event scheduled for August 3rd in NYC. If we were to guess, it would most likely be the revealing of the new BlackBerry 9800 touch screen/slider sporting the new OS 6. The colors of the mysterious box makes us think of something...blackberry related.

Or, it could be the unveiling of the new Dell Streak, a 5 inch tablet that can also be used as an android smartphone although it, too, has been picked apart already. So there would not be much of a surprise there. Dell hasn't announced a launch date as of yet, but could this be the time?
    Perhaps it will not be a device at all but some exciting new phone and data plans to compliment all the new smartphones coming out. No matter what we try to imagine up, the only thing we can do is wait...until it is revealed. Or better yet, someone blows its cover!

What do YOU think is inside that big black box? Come on, venture a guess!