BlackBerry Slider get its back and sides profiled

Thread: BlackBerry Slider get its back and sides profiled

sunkast Guest

BlackBerry Slider get its back and sides profiled

Guess what these pictures are of? Okay that's a stupid question, you already know it's the slider. BBLeaks has posted 3 new photos of the BlackBerry slider showing the device from each side, and the back.

The battery door looks very plain withing nothing of interest just by looking at it. But that doesn't mean there isn't any speculation to be had about the rest of it's back side. Namely the camera. Since there isn't any label (not that we expected one), it's rumored to be 5MP with a liquid lens. If RIM was smart, they would up the specs for all of the device's hardware. That would surely be another draw for people considering the slider, and possibly be a deciding factor.

The top and sides of the slider are also pictured with a Curve 8900 for comparison. This gives us a real sense of the size of the slider. It's clear that the slider is considerably thicker than the Curve 8900. Not that that's news to anyone, but now we have something to compare it to. I'd like to see it compared with a Pearl Flip though. The slider does bring the question of whether or not the thickness is something that we can get used to or not.

However, in the previous batch of photos, BBLeaks said that the battery was an FX-1. This has been determined to be in reality an FS-1 which is confirmed in the photo above.

I'm a little disappointed that there weren't any shots of the slider with the keypad slid out. That's certainly one of the areas that I wonder how nice it looks or not. Maybe BBLeaks can get a shot just for me of that? Though I know what we'd all really like to see, is the slider turned on.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    I don't find the extra thickness to be so considerable to be a deal breaker. It looks like it would be quite manageable to me.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I don't find the extra thickness to be so considerable to be a deal breaker. It looks like it would be quite manageable to me.
    I agree Rellims. I'm excited for this device, I'm more excited for this device than the Storm when it was first being displayed.. Mainly because this is the storm with a slide Lol
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

zkyevolved is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow zkyevolved On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9520
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmyShine View Post
    I agree Rellims. I'm excited for this device, I'm more excited for this device than the Storm when it was first being displayed.. Mainly because this is the storm with a slide Lol
    I'm actually sad because the F-S1 battery doesn't look too big .... I've got both the the 9520 and 9700 and the Storm2s battery life is just HORRIBLE while the 9700 is AWESOME. so.... what's this device going to be like with LESS than 1500 and less than 1400/1380 MAH?

Bitpartdemon is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bitpartdemon On Twitter
    PIN
    2350E958
    Device
    9800/ PB
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't know but this BB, for me anyway, is shaping up to be pretty nice. I realize these are prototype shots, but any guesses as to how long to seeing hit the market??

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    The thing with prototypes is you may never see this actually hit the market. If it does do unto production there has not been a rumor as to a release date.
    Posted via mobile device

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    2 things make this kinda iffy for me. From the front pix, it has a trackpad, and looking at the thickness of the screen, kinda leads me to think no touchscreen. Seems to me its like a 9700 with a storm sized screen that slides up, maybe I'm wrong. The other thing is unless this phone is LTE capable, I will pass on it.
    No matter where you go, there you are

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    I was under the impression that it would be a touch screen and have the trackpad just like some devices from other manufacturers.
    Posted via mobile device

Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Liked
    0 times
    I had an HTC Harrier (XDA) which was a vertical slider with a touch screen. Very very rarely did I ever use the slide out keyboard. I found it just became wobbly and loose as time went on.

Just another thing to break.

Hopefully this BB will be different. But with the storm touchscreen and its great keyboard, I don't see the point of this device.

ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Darling View Post
    I had an HTC Harrier (XDA) which was a vertical slider with a touch screen. Very very rarely did I ever use the slide out keyboard. I found it just became wobbly and loose as time went on.

Just another thing to break.

Hopefully this BB will be different. But with the storm touchscreen and its great keyboard, I don't see the point of this device.
    What is this great keyboard you speak of? :P

I don't think BBOS posted it, but the storms keyboard came in last of the cell phone keyboard reviews. If this device is touch screen, it's a godsend I think, personally.
    "Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I completely agree, and considering that it is a slider, it by its nature is going to be if nothing else, a little bit thicker. I do think however that there looks like there is a bit of a gap in between the 2 distinct parts of the slider, those being the keyboard and the screen/ rest of the device

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    what is the difference between the FS-1 battery and the FX-1?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbprintz215 View Post
    what is the difference between the FS-1 battery and the FX-1?
    Only noticeable things right now is the FX-1 seems rounded, but as far as power and life of battery.. I dont think its been mentioned. I would speculate to say they are the same just different shapes