Hi-Res photos of the BlackBerry Slider turn up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Res photos of the BlackBerry Slider turn up

sunkast Guest

Hi-Res photos of the BlackBerry Slider turn up

I'm always amazed at how fast information can leak. Almost 24 hours after we saw the first real photos of the BlackBerry slider, we have new, clearer photos of the device. You can really make out the sleek modern call/menu/escape buttons. These pictures do a lot more justice for the device than the first set of photos.

More details have also been ascertained about the new form factor as well. Unfortunately we'll never get to see this particular unit powered on as the person who has it says the battery doesn't work. I don't know that I believe that, as it's a convenient excuse to not be pressured into turning it on. However according to the source it is a 1050mAh orange colored FX-1 with rounded corners.

It has also been confirmed that the new form factor does not have SurePress technology. This makes sense considering the slide out full qwerty keypad. Would you really need SurePress tech? Then again, if it is touch screen, how come there is a track pad? Just something to ponder about. Needless to say, we can't wait to get even more details about the BlackBerry slider.

Bboyeruga is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bboyeruga On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    2 times
    I think it looks brilliant.
    BBThemeDesigns - Themes from BBoyerUGA

djb1271 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow djb1271 On Twitter
    PIN
    3136BB2C
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    That will be my next BB )

GTR83 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    PM me first
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Why did you question the trackpad existing on a touchscreen device? Even Nexus One has a trackball, and its HTC counterpart has a trackpad. I actually prefer touchscreen devices with an alternative UI-navigating method, just like the P800's jog dial of yore. This concept is really nice because it combines huge screen real estate with typing comfort, and usable with one hand on top of that!

Spade is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Spade On Twitter
    PIN
    21cec6be
    Device
    9700 Bold
    OS
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
    Why did you question the trackpad existing on a touchscreen device? Even Nexus One has a trackball, and its HTC counterpart has a trackpad. I actually prefer touchscreen devices with an alternative UI-navigating method, just like the P800's jog dial of yore. This concept is really nice because it combines huge screen real estate with typing comfort, and usable with one hand on top of that!
    :stupid:

yhamaie is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Various
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    So, RIM will go for portrait, while the other manufacturers have built / are building devices with physical keyboards in landscape . . . I hope that users of such BlackBerry devices with physical keyboards in portrait will NOT type while driving.

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I really like this device, at least the looks of it. I wonder how it will perform. I can't help to think back to a little over a year ago when the Storm 9500/9530 was released and people were complaining about the hardware. This will be kind of the same thing with this slider being the first of its kind from RIM. Hopefully they will at least work out any kinks with the hardware prior to release. That being said I think I would definitely give this sucker a spin. If you're on the fence about whether to get a touch screen or a physical QWERTY Berry, this device would solve that problem without having to compromise either. Hopefully we will see it before 2011!!!

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I just dont care for sliders but this thing is huge.. not thick but dang when slid open that is one large phone... and the keys are still fairly small and close together which is the main reason I dont like physical keyboards... I have fat thumbs!

locutus is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I just dont care for sliders but this thing is huge.. not thick but dang when slid open that is one large phone... and the keys are still fairly small and close together which is the main reason I dont like physical keyboards... I have fat thumbs!
    Agreed, it looks so huge! Huge but still with small keys, not sure, if this is a good combination, though. Time will tell, I surely want to hold it in my hands to test it before I make a final call on it
    Resistance is futile.
    Therefore, click the LIKE button in the bottom right corner to thank me for a helpful post

Bitpartdemon is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bitpartdemon On Twitter
    PIN
    2350E958
    Device
    9800/ PB
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Still have to go on the side of cool with this BB. Now only time will tell how long it takes to actually see this one. Xmas 2015???
    Posted via mobile device

FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't think its a touchscreen at all if it doesn't have surepess. That would make it a competitor to n other phoen, but not original enough to demand $250.
    Running Apps: Tether, QuickLaunch, Addictive Tower Defense, BerryWeather 2.0, BerryBuzz, Druglord Wars, QuickPull, PBA Bowling 2, BuzzOff, eBay, Facebook, BBOS Alert

Bert336 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm/Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    It may not be $250 though...maybe with a 2yr contract people will be able to get this for the price of a Curve

I wouldnt mind owning one of these though, it looks pretty cool. We need MOOEEE info... :hail:

wobly is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    OS
    5.0.something.something
    Liked
    1 times
    I REALLY hope this turns out to be a better device than the 8220. It looks better already, I just hope it works better.

Irishlad87 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    Blackberry Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    a portrait slider makes this phone way too big and the keys are too close as previously mentioned i just thing if its a slider make it landscape

Spade is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Spade On Twitter
    PIN
    21cec6be
    Device
    9700 Bold
    OS
    Liked
    2 times
    so um everyone is complaining about the keys being small... to me they look almost the same size as the curves... the phones are just as wide.. should be the same size keys...

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    so um everyone is complaining about the keys being small... to me they look almost the same size as the curves... the phones are just as wide.. should be the same size keys...
    Right, but I think physical keypad blackberry's in general have small keys, the 9700 8530 8520 9650 8900 all of them.

locutus is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Right, but I think physical keypad blackberry's in general have small keys, the 9700 8530 8520 9650 8900 all of them.
    Fully agree on this one.

BTW: Cool new avy!
    Resistance is futile.
    Therefore, click the LIKE button in the bottom right corner to thank me for a helpful post

Trankins24 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Trankins24 On Twitter
    PIN
    2158AF1B
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    To me it looks like the Bold 9700 keyboard. IMHO, if you can type on the 97xx you can type on this.

Also, I'm not a fan of sliders but this does look pretty cool.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    fully agree on this one.

Btw: Cool new avy!
    thanks

brohlijk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    304A4802
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    In my opinion they keys seem flushed and not raised like your typical bb keyboard, also is it me or this phone resembles like the droid phones?
    Baby you spaguetti?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast