PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brohlijk View Post
    In my opinion they keys seem flushed and not raised like your typical bb keyboard, also is it me or this phone resembles like the droid phones?
    No the keys look identical to a 9700 from what i can see in the pic, and not really a droid, maybe a palm, or winmo phone.. Something I was just thinking about with Blackberry.. they always 'look' the same, or close even way way back... 7503e even. At the same time I think there should be a change, isnt that the best part of blackberry? it look professional so you dont have to worry about hiding it infront of customers or clients... but thats just my .02

carbon coupe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    T OF ALE!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I've never really been a fan of slider or flip phones. Im sure RIM will do the right thing and not release a clunker. From the pics it looks as though it doesnt fit together very well. I would say that if you want to slide in todays market, it had better 'slide as if from nowhere'. This should be mistaken for a Storm until the physical keyboard makes its appearance. It needs to be seemless and tight. What it needs to do is auto release when you activate a text entry field. Of course, we will want this to be a toggleable feature. So, for someone like me who may not want to slide it all the time but needs to have the latest OS and other goodies, the last two options would seal the deal.

happystormuser is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm 1
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon coupe View Post
    I've never really been a fan of slider or flip phones. Im sure RIM will do the right thing and not release a clunker. From the pics it looks as though it doesnt fit together very well. I would say that if you want to slide in todays market, it had better 'slide as if from nowhere'. This should be mistaken for a Storm until the physical keyboard makes its appearance. It needs to be seemless and tight. What it needs to do is auto release when you activate a text entry field. Of course, we will want this to be a toggleable feature. So, for someone like me who may not want to slide it all the time but needs to have the latest OS and other goodies, the last two options would seal the deal.
    Agree. It needs to be seamless and tight. If they can tighten it up, add the web kit and more ram I'll be first to buy this. Please rimm, oh yeah and a faster processor. Oh and open GL.
    Posted via mobile device

Bitpartdemon is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bitpartdemon On Twitter
    PIN
    2350E958
    Device
    9800/ PB
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Additions to the rumour mill, everyone may know this, but i read that the slider may be introduced in a month??

MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile Phone News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories

heartnet is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow heartnet On Twitter
    Device
    Bold 9000
    OS
    5.0.0.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    at first I think the slider looks really weird for me since it's the first time we've seen, or I've seen, a portrait slider.. but if everything will turn out great; the specs, the os, the battery life and everything else, I might buy this but I'm really hoping for another bold though. lol.

Madasafish is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Madasafish On Twitter
    PIN
    suck it...
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    BB10
    Carrier
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trankins24 View Post
    To me it looks like the Bold 9700 keyboard. IMHO, if you can type on the 97xx you can type on this.

Also, I'm not a fan of sliders but this does look pretty cool.

The keypad on the 9700 is near enough flat while on the 8900 and other Curve models its keys are more rounded. This could bring the 9700 keys into the slider a lot easier than the keys from the 8900 or any other previous BB's.

I am personally waiting for this. The wifey got a 9700 today and its super cool, if the slider fails for me I'm going Bold...

just my 2 cents?

R1cE is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow R1cE On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.699 Willboy's
    Liked
    1 times
    Instead of the hardware you guys should be lookin at the OS!! This would definitly be something different thanks to the two different types of text entry this OS is going to have to process. Rumored to have the 6.0 too, I CANT WAIT to get 6.0 on my 8900 (hopefully thats possible) and surf the web with a webkit! I can care less about the slide, there is a reason Palm is going in the hole. JUST GIVE US OS 6.0!!!!
    Follow me on twitter: @riseofr1ce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12