Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X

Another BlackBerry slider rumor. Is a portrait slider in the future?

We have been hearing about rumors of a BlackBerry slider for a while now. We have also heard (and seen) rumors about the touchscreen/QWERTY hybrid device known as the Magnum/Dakota. Well, here is another one to throw in the pot. Boy Genius has been given some information about a new portrait slider rumor. This slider is said to include OS 6.0 and 100% support for 802.11n.

Now the picture above is just a photoshopped picture that I made up. But in a weird kind of way, I think I would really like it. Having a nice big touchscreen is what I want for reading emails and browsing the web. But a sliding QWERTY keyboard would make the device great for typing. But I don't know if a portrait slider would be as easy to use as a landscape slider. So what do you guys think? Would you like to see this portrait slider become reality? Or would you rather just have a traditional slider BlackBerry?

TheOnlyJrod is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    The "New" AT&T
    This is so silly, and a rumor is all it will stay.

The Magnum aka Dakota is more practical then a touch slider!

billandrewsjr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow billandrewsjr On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 2 on T-Mobile
    OS
    Yuck. The only thjing that would work would be a side slider. Bottom sliders only work when you have a smaller screen and want an overall smaller footprint. Wait a minute. All this talk of sliders makes me hungry. Off to White Castle's ...

shaydlife is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    At some point the people who start these rumors have to realize how easy it is to tell when they're reaching too high to fake people out. Have blackberry users become that gullible? Please.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by billandrewsjr View Post
    Yuck. The only thjing that would work would be a side slider. Bottom sliders only work when you have a smaller screen and want an overall smaller footprint. Wait a minute. All this talk of sliders makes me hungry. Off to White Castle's ...
    How do we know that this phone wouldn't have a small footprint? Could be a smaller phone.
    Posted via mobile device

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    I think this would be a cool concept. then again, most concepts are cool. the question will be how does RIM execute the concept. I think it would be a nice idea if RIM released a portrait and landscape oriented slider. that way we wouldn't have to argue about it we could choose whichever we preferred. then again, i guess it would be cool to see pigs fly also...

ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    OS
    I agree with billandrewsjr in the opinion that it would be MUCH better as a side slider. If it shrunk as much as the pre then the up sliding might, just might work..

era3z is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow era3z On Twitter
    PIN
    256f68a* (ask =p)
    Device
    Cars, Medicine Tennis, Basketball, Billiards Comics, Mystery novels Mr.bean (shqip), The Bodyguard f
    well..... I think side slider is better than bottom slider...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast