Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

tfrankson is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tfrankson On Twitter
    PIN
    292604B2
    Device
    OS
    I would like to see a touchscreen/full qwerty keyboard in the near future. But I hope it doesn't look like this. I agree a side slider would look better. Lets see what comes of this.

Bitpartdemon is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bitpartdemon On Twitter
    PIN
    2350E958
    Device
    9800/ PB
    OS
    Mmmm white castle sliders, sadly not in Canada. oh wait that's not what this thread is about.

A slider BB? I would like to see a bit of a larger screen and still have my beloved keyboard. Gotta love the age old tradtion of rumours, they're only true after something becomes a reality. I will patiently await what actually come to pass. I wouldn't argue with more choices in BB.
    Posted via mobile device

travisn000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    --304E1F01--
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by billandrewsjr View Post
    Yuck. The only thjing that would work would be a side slider. Bottom sliders only work when you have a smaller screen and want an overall smaller footprint. Wait a minute. All this talk of sliders makes me hungry. Off to White Castle's ...
    ..once upon a time I owned a Samsung i730; it was a full sized touchscreen (winmo) phone with a bottom/portriat slider. In my option it beat the side sliders hands-down, mainly becase I could operate it one handed, or with two for faster / longer typing.

With the exception of the monster battery I had to attach to the back of it to make it through the day, I really liked the general form factor. I would expect that a similar device built today would be quite a bit thinner though.

As you can see by the reviews, I wasn't the only person that liked it...

Another "feature" that I really do miss from that thing was the high powered infrared transmitter.. I can't tell you how great it was to be sitting in a restaurant / bar and be able to control the TV Channel from my phone!

Last edited by travisn000; 02-27-2010 at 10:36 AM.

billandrewsjr is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow billandrewsjr On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 2 on T-Mobile
    OS
    True. It could be smaller. I was just thinking, the good thing about a portrait slider is one handed operation while you drive :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    How do we know that this phone wouldn't have a small footprint? Could be a smaller phone.
    Posted via mobile device

wobly is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    OS
    5.0.something.something
    I would love to see this. It can't be any worse than the 8220. :P

Bee
    Bee is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    v5.0.0.428

Thumbs down Hellz no!!!!!

For the love of god stop with the sliders. There the biggest piece of crap on a phone. Were in the new age now. The technology age. Think of something bigger and better. Enough with the old shit. Sheesh. No wonder china is way ahead of us in technology. :no:

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    For the love of god stop with the sliders. There the biggest piece of crap on a phone. Were in the new age now. The technology age. Think of something bigger and better. Enough with the old shit. Sheesh. No wonder china is way ahead of us in technology. :no:
    I agree with you 100% on this. At the same time, you have to remember even though slider phones have been around since the pilgrims, it is something new to RIM. It's sad that they are so far behind on design types that they are finally getting to the slider aspect of devices.

intheb0x is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    would be nice to see.

wonder if its true..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast