BlackBerry Torch 2 9810 hotspot problem
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: BlackBerry Torch 2 9810 hotspot problem

  1. #1
    hgammal is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Device
    Torch 9810
    OS
    7.0
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    Question BlackBerry Torch 2 9810 hotspot problem

    Dear all

    I just updated my bb torch 9810 with the OS 7.1 bundle 561. it is working erin, but i can't find the hotspot link to activate it, only mobile network, WiFi and bluetooth and no hotspot.

    Can anyone help plz

    Regards
    Hassan




  2. #2
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hgammal View Post
    Dear all

    I just updated my bb torch 9810 with the OS 7.1 bundle 561. it is working erin, but i can't find the hotspot link to activate it, only mobile network, WiFi and bluetooth and no hotspot.

    Can anyone help plz

    Regards
    Hassan
    What do you mean the Hotspot link to activate it?

    Does your BlackBerry Torch 9810 have @ Mobile Hotspot showing like the picture I have posted below?



    On a side note, if your carrier has not enabled Mobile Hotspot on your account, you may want to contact your mobile carrier regarding this issue, as it may be the core reason you're unable to get Hotspot working properly on your BlackBerry Torch 9810.
    TwistMyMind likes this.

  3. #3
    leonbrink is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Same here, no Mobile Hotspot option after upgrading to 7.1, on a 9900

  4. #4
    par_pa is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Québec, CANADA
    PIN
    2ABAAB29
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.2.0.1443
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    3 times
    I have just got a Torch 9810 on Bell Mobility, upgraded to 7.1.205 leaked, and Hotspot is right there. So, it must be Koodo that doesn't offer the option. Have you contacted your provider?

  5. #5
    grimreaper's Avatar
    grimreaper is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    T-Dot, ON
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9900+9380+Alpha
    OS
    7.1.0.714 [Leak]
    Carrier
    Koodo
    Posts
    1,635
    Liked
    498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by par_pa View Post
    I have just got a Torch 9810 on Bell Mobility, upgraded to 7.1.205 leaked, and Hotspot is right there. So, it must be Koodo that doesn't offer the option. Have you contacted your provider?
    Koodo does offer Mobile Hotspot support, on OS leaked builds 9810_7.1.0.190 and 9810_7.1.0.205 .

    As I have posted on this thread, below my screen shot picture, if a customer hasn't subscribed to a data plan which has mobile hotspot, then that customer will not be able to use this feature, unless he/she has contacted the mobile carrier, and made arrangements to have it added on to their data plan.

  6. #6
    par_pa is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Québec, CANADA
    PIN
    2ABAAB29
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.2.0.1443
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    3 times
    The Hotspot feature on my 9810 on Bell Mobility no longer stays on. I have modified some Engineering screens, trying to activate UMA, without success, but since then, Hotspot starts, but deactivates after 20-30 seconds. I phoned Bell, and they told that Mobile Hotspot was allowed on my data plan,so it must be my phone. Any idea of what Engineering screen settings, or any others settings are at stake?

  7. #7
    par_pa is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Québec, CANADA
    PIN
    2ABAAB29
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.2.0.1443
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by par_pa View Post
    The Hotspot feature on my 9810 on Bell Mobility no longer stays on. I have modified some Engineering screens, trying to activate UMA, without success, but since then, Hotspot starts, but deactivates after 20-30 seconds. I phoned Bell, and they told that Mobile Hotspot was allowed on my data plan,so it must be my phone. Any idea of what Engineering screen settings, or any others settings are at stake?
    I installed the new leak 7.1.0.258, and now the mobile hotspot is rock steady. So that was not related to Engineering modifications. Also, the battery life is much better, and most applications work. Great leak, maybe a candidate for an official OS!
    Joe Jerde likes this.

  8. #8
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,833
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by par_pa View Post
    I installed the new leak 7.1.0.258, and now the mobile hotspot is rock steady. So that was not related to Engineering modifications. Also, the battery life is much better, and most applications work. Great leak, maybe a candidate for an official OS!
    Very nice. Good to see it is working better now. Thanks for the feedback.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Similar Threads

  1. Blackberry Torch 9810 Unlocking Problem - Ideas needed!!!
    By bigmig69 in forum BlackBerry Torch 2 9810
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-2013, 06:46 AM
  2. Official: OS 7.0.0.583 For BlackBerry Torch 9810 Via AT&T
    By AgentBlackBerry in forum 9810 Operating Software
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-26-2012, 04:01 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 04:07 AM
  4. IMPORTANT : HOTSPOT ISSUE : Problem Found!!!
    By yourfriendwayned in forum Theme Developers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •