BlackBerry Torch 2 Revealed - to come with OS 6.1
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: BlackBerry Torch 2 Revealed - to come with OS 6.1

  1. #1
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,805
    Liked
    1498 times

    BlackBerry Torch 2 Revealed - to come with OS 6.1



    RIM is back to old tactics of refreshing a already made device. But this time it looks like RIM is trying to change it up a bit more with a new take on its QWERTY, horizontal-slider: the BlackBerry Torch 2. We love power, and BB users will be happy about the confirmed 1.2 GHz CPU that the BlackBerry Torch 2 will come equipped with. The full specs are...

    • 1.2GHz processor
    • Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    • Tri-band HSPA 14.4Mbps
    • 3.2-inch VGA 640 x 480 capacitive display
    • 8GB built-in memory
    • 512MB RAM
    • Bluetooth 2.1
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • 5-megapixel camera with flash
    • Magnetometer
    • Accelerometer
    • Proximity sensor
    • 1300 mAh battery
    • BlackBerry OS 6.1
    • OpenGL ES
    • 14.6mm thin

    Yes, their is some similarity to the original Torch, internally, however, you can see that there have been quite a few changes made. The BlackBerry Torch 2 is shooting for a late Q3 release with AT&T.
    Sami Addam and owennelson like this.



    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone


  2. #2
    Poita316's Avatar
    Poita316 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Poita316 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Rozenburg ZH
    PIN
    280DB6B0
    Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.402
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    79 times
    Hey, don you guys have any idea when this BlackBerry Dakota photo and specifications leak again - GSMArena.com news one is coming or have any info on it?
    Love the torch 2 coming, to bad it looks the same. You wont see if its a 1 or 2 unlike Bolds and Curves.

  3. #3
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,805
    Liked
    1498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poita316 View Post
    Hey, don you guys have any idea when this BlackBerry Dakota photo and specifications leak again - GSMArena.com news one is coming or have any info on it?
    Love the torch 2 coming, to bad it looks the same. You wont see if its a 1 or 2 unlike Bolds and Curves.
    I've been keeping my eye out on this.

    I am glad RIM is finally advancing in processor power. They need to in order to run the next generation of rich media apps.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  4. #4
    Poita316's Avatar
    Poita316 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Poita316 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Rozenburg ZH
    PIN
    280DB6B0
    Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.402
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    79 times
    Love to see that prcessor being beefed up :P
    The leaks we got for eg the 9700 are to big.
    And the looks are sweet. Unlike the torch 1 and 2 and 9700 and 9780, wich look the same, they got some nice designs.
    Hope the Dakota (looks like the old Bold 9000 in a way) and Apollo are for real and what this 6.1 will be like.

  5. #5
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,805
    Liked
    1498 times
    I also imagine that OS 6.1 is the steppingstone for QNX.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  6. #6
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,805
    Liked
    1498 times
    ... so hopefully devices released with 6.1 will be QNX compatible. If they aren't that would be a stupid move on behalf of RIM.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  7. #7
    Poita316's Avatar
    Poita316 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Poita316 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Rozenburg ZH
    PIN
    280DB6B0
    Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.402
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    ... so hopefully devices released with 6.1 will be QNX compatible. If they aren't that would be a stupid move on behalf of RIM.
    RIM is making more stupid moves.
    Eg the playbook delays.
    Just hope they catch up, better processor, but also a smooth OS and bring something new. Till now all BB devices are pretty much the same in general, Im missing the WOW factor...

  8. #8
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,805
    Liked
    1498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poita316 View Post
    RIM is making more stupid moves.
    Eg the playbook delays.
    Just hope they catch up, better processor, but also a smooth OS and bring something new. Till now all BB devices are pretty much the same in general, Im missing the WOW factor...
    They aren't thinking enough ahead. Which is why so many were upset at OS 6 being released and finding out that their fairly new device wasn't compatible.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  9. #9
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poita316 View Post
    RIM is making more stupid moves.
    Eg the playbook delays.
    Just hope they catch up, better processor, but also a smooth OS and bring something new. Till now all BB devices are pretty much the same in general, Im missing the WOW factor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    They aren't thinking enough ahead. Which is why so many were upset at OS 6 being released and finding out that their fairly new device wasn't compatible.
    Exactly, the holiday's came and went with nothing...I am not impressed. Let's hope we see something with wow soon.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  10. #10
    Poita316's Avatar
    Poita316 is offline Forum Moderator Follow Poita316 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Rozenburg ZH
    PIN
    280DB6B0
    Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.402
    Carrier
    Vodafone
    Posts
    346
    Liked
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    They aren't thinking enough ahead. Which is why so many were upset at OS 6 being released and finding out that their fairly new device wasn't compatible.
    Well other have that aswell, Nokia and Apple eg.
    But with Apple you know there´s gonna be iPad 2. maybe a new iPhone. And thats were RIM is lacking efford.
    Apple and Nokia dont tell, they preform and deliver. With RIM you just have to wait.
    Id love a playbook, but I think by the time it gets here, there wil be (more) Droid, Windos and even iPad 2 to compete. nd thats bad for sales figures.
    Give us a nice piece of 8GB, 8MP top of the line, butt kicking, spec drewling eye candy that will even make Apple, Nokia and HTC users get a hard on :P
    Its to much of the same, and to be honnest, a little late seeing what others are doing...

  11. #11
    callec39 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Device
    Blackberry Z10
    OS
    10.1.0.1880
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    1 times
    Well Rim sure knows how to leave it's dedicated followers in the dust at times especially since some of us would have loved to know that they were upping the Torch or coming out with the Dakota, would have loved to have had the opportunity to decide on the newer device...
    So quite a few of us are in a new contract and cannot upgrade at least for another year or so and that is really sad.

  12. #12
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,805
    Liked
    1498 times
    After seeing the recent videos on how well the PlayBook is running on QNX, it has rekindled my faith in a future RIM with super devices.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  13. #13
    Sami Addam is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Sami Addam On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    PIN
    22685749
    Device
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    OS
    5
    Posts
    20
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poita316 View Post
    RIM is making more stupid moves.
    Eg the playbook delays.
    Just hope they catch up, better processor, but also a smooth OS and bring something new. Till now all BB devices are pretty much the same in general, Im missing the WOW factor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    They aren't thinking enough ahead. Which is why so many were upset at OS 6 being released and finding out that their fairly new device wasn't compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    Exactly, the holiday's came and went with nothing...I am not impressed. Let's hope we see something with wow soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poita316 View Post
    Well other have that aswell, Nokia and Apple eg.
    But with Apple you know there´s gonna be iPad 2. maybe a new iPhone. And thats were RIM is lacking efford.
    Apple and Nokia dont tell, they preform and deliver. With RIM you just have to wait.
    Id love a playbook, but I think by the time it gets here, there wil be (more) Droid, Windos and even iPad 2 to compete. nd thats bad for sales figures.
    Give us a nice piece of 8GB, 8MP top of the line, butt kicking, spec drewling eye candy that will even make Apple, Nokia and HTC users get a hard on :P
    Its to much of the same, and to be honnest, a little late seeing what others are doing...
    Quote Originally Posted by callec39 View Post
    Well Rim sure knows how to leave it's dedicated followers in the dust at times especially since some of us would have loved to know that they were upping the Torch or coming out with the Dakota, would have loved to have had the opportunity to decide on the newer device...
    So quite a few of us are in a new contract and cannot upgrade at least for another year or so and that is really sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    After seeing the recent videos on how well the PlayBook is running on QNX, it has rekindled my faith in a future RIM with super devices.
    Well guys off all that u said is soo 100% true but rim they were soo smart that even iff they gave ****t too people they wont hate it ! why is that ? cuz bb pins nver go outa hand even though the playbook wont even have a chance to be somthing infront of the ipad 2 but still to come lets see will RIM Push it to the max i made lots of reserches and i think OS 7 will be coming at the end of the year and more devices will be released in the middle of the year soo lets see some WAW Factors at least ! ! !
    Joe Jerde likes this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •