Deleting icons?
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Deleting icons?

  1. #1
    ktklein's Avatar
    ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    So. Jersey / Philly region
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    4 times

    Question Deleting icons?

    I just changed themes (running BBCM OS v7.1.3 and BBAmped theme) and noticed as I move icons around that the Flicr, VCast, and a bunch of other icons are appearing for things I shrunk and do not have installed. Instead of hiding them, is there a way to actually delete them? I did a file listing using CrackUtil but didn't see anything in the list that resembled what I wanted to delete/remove. Any ideas? Thanks. :dunno:
    Last edited by ktklein; 06-28-2009 at 11:38 AM.




  2. #2
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Wirelessly posted

    unfortunately there is no way to delete them.... You have to simply hide them

  3. #3
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    unfortunately there is no way to delete them.... You have to simply hide them
    Laney can't you delete the service books for those items causing them to go away? Sorry for sticking my nose in :dead1:

    (Of course they will come back every time you resend your service books... ugh!)

  4. #4
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    unfortunately there is no way to delete them.... You have to simply hide them
    Laney can't you delete the service books for those items causing them to go away? Sorry for sticking my nose in :dead1:

    (Of course they will come back every time you resend your service books... ugh!)
    That's too complicated for me.... I tend to be a blonde so I don't mess with the service books before I break something lol

  5. #5
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Well it's really not a perm fix since every time you resend the service books they come back. It's kinda like spam from your carrier... BLAH!
    :spam::bsflag:

  6. #6
    ktklein's Avatar
    ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    So. Jersey / Philly region
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    4 times
    Ok, since I almost never have to resend my service books I tried Morganizer's idea and it did work perfectly. Thanks a million. Yet another fast and accurate response on this site. Love it here! :You_Rock_Emoticon:
    Last edited by ktklein; 06-28-2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typo

  7. #7
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ktklein View Post
    Ok, since I almost never have to resend my service books I tried Morganizer's idea and it did work perfectly. Thanks a million. Yet another fast and accurate response on this site. Love it here! :You_Rock_Emoticon:
    Glad we could help :22:

  8. #8
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been deleting service books just recently to receive programs back. Like you said they are like "spam". Just hide them and place them in your application folder....I heard that placing unused items in a single folder can help save memory although the applications are technically not installed.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  9. #9
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    I've been deleting service books just recently to receive programs back. Like you said they are like "spam". Just hide them and place them in your application folder....I heard that placing unused items in a single folder can help save memory although the applications are technically not installed.
    I resend service books a lot due to constant screwing around with my device so I hide them as you suggested. Depends on the user which is best but a good suggestion though

  10. #10
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Thanks for the assist morg glad we could help.

  11. #11
    ktklein's Avatar
    ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    So. Jersey / Philly region
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    4 times
    I might have spoken too soon. I rebooted my phone after deleting an app and they came back - SPAM is the most accurate description of what they are. In any event, I've hidden them. Thanks again.

  12. #12
    gordtm's Avatar
    gordtm is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by ktklein
    I just changed themes (running BBCM OS v7.1.3 and BBAmped theme) and noticed as I move icons around that the Flicr, VCast, and a bunch of other icons are appearing for things I shrunk and do not have installed. Instead of hiding them, is there a way to actually delete them? I did a file listing using CrackUtil but didn't see anything in the list that resembled what I wanted to delete/remove. Any ideas? Thanks. :dunno:
    Is that correct - 7.1.3?
    Or is there something i'm missing?

  13. #13
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gordtm View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Is that correct - 7.1.3?
    Or is there something i'm missing?
    Yes that is correct. 7.1.3 was released to fix a suretype issue some members were having.

  14. #14
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Wirelessly posted

    7.1.3 is the same as 7.1.2 but with the SureType fixed

  15. #15
    gordtm's Avatar
    gordtm is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dubai, UAE
    Device
    Bold 9900
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Carrier
    Etisalat
    Posts
    901
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Laney
    Wirelessly posted

    7.1.3 is the same as 7.1.2 but with the SureType fixed
    I don't use Suretype, So i'm not feeling too neglected

  16. #16
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    If delete the service books everytime the phone reboots they will come back what I did I'd put them in a folder and hide the folder or hide the icons either one
    BlackBerry by Choice!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •