PIN
    3163FD58
    Device
    curve 8520
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

9530 acting weird

well when i turn on my phone this morning, my storm started to go thru a cycling stage on all my programs on my phone. it would not quit. i pulled the battery twice . still no help. any questions on help. did not do this since i up loaded the .328

RICHARD "CRACKBERRY" KING

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RICKING View Post
    well when i turn on my phone this morning, my storm started to go thru a cycling stage on all my programs on my phone. it would not quit. i pulled the battery twice . still no help. any questions on help. did not do this since i up loaded the .328
    2 things.. could you be a lil more descriptive? what do you mean cycling through all programs? and second try pulling the battery dont put it back in.. hold the back key then put battery back in with out letting go of the back button until the phone boots in safe mode.

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    I've had that happen one time....I did the obligatory battery pull and my issue was resolved.

Are you leaving the battery out for more than 60 seconds?

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    You guys must be accidently accessing the built in "demo cycle" mode....

I am of course joking. Although I did have a Sharp LCD TV down at work that I thought was going nuts on me; and it turned out I had hit the combination of buttons that activated the "showroom demo" mode, where it would cycle thru menus and things like that.

Paradio is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Available
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.591 w/latest h
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had the same issue. Each morning, the damn phone would cycle through the entire menu sequence until I pulled the battery out. Then all would run properly. It could be the memory available on the unit since it only boots up to a mere 24 meg on a clean reboot. I also notice, a lot of memory drain with the .328 OS. Is the .323 any better? Waiting for a great hybrid to cure the lack of memory.
    Last edited by Paradio; 11-04-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradio View Post
    I have had the same issue. Each morning, the damn phone would cycle through the entire menu sequence until I pulled the battery out. Then all would run properly. It could be the memory available on the unit since it only boots up to a mere 24 meg on a clean reboot. I also notice, a lot of memory drain with the .328 OS. Is the .323 any better? Waiting for a great hybrid to cure the lack of memory.
    I shrunk this OS pretty good with Maxmem, Shrink-an-os, BBSAK and deleting files with the icon on the phone. Im running about 15 apps, Word Mole, Docs to go(word only) and I just deleted BB Maps and I boot up at 39.5mb and I have not dropped below 30mb so far. However, I think OS5.0 does not need memory watching. When I had .323 my memory dropped to 0.0mb and the phone still operated well. Just slightly sluggish.

hvymtlman is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RICKING View Post
    this happened to me right after i loaded OS 5.0. i scheduled quickpull to run in the morning. when i woke up my phone was going through all the apps, it would start up then close. i even took a couple of pictures. is this similar?
    i just don't schedule quickpull anymore, i manually run it.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Rick do you have anymore info on your situation?

36dbldz is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow 36dbldz On Twitter
    Device
    9000/9530/9700 Unlocked on ATT
    OS
    Liked
    8 times
    since my browser and email setup icons were gone i wiped and reloaded 328 and got this

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/screenshot-20091113-162809-335.png[/IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9530 acting weird-screenshot-20091113-162809-335.jpg  

blunt420 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    idk idk what its for
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    whatever lyrics doing
    Liked
    0 times
    i got a random app error 502 a cpuple mins ago havent seen one of those in months