Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 22

  1. #1
    loboboy's Avatar
    loboboy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Posts
    118

    Dial Pad unresponsive

    Hey guys I have a new issue and can't figure out what the problem is. 9530 on Verizon with the latest .328 OS installed and all of a sudden my dial pad for the phone is unresponsive except for 0 which works fine. I can make calls if I go to contacts list and call for the contacts list but if I have to dial the number seperately it won't dial.

    Any ideas????



  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by loboboy View Post
    Hey guys I have a new issue and can't figure out what the problem is. 9530 on Verizon with the latest .328 OS installed and all of a sudden my dial pad for the phone is unresponsive except for 0 which works fine. I can make calls if I go to contacts list and call for the contacts list but if I have to dial the number seperately it won't dial.

    Any ideas????
    Mine did this once but was fixed with a battery pull.

  3. #3
    loboboy's Avatar
    loboboy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Posts
    118
    3 battery pulls and nothing but thanks. Do you have any other ideas before I try to get it replaced???



  4. #4
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by loboboy View Post
    3 battery pulls and nothing but thanks. Do you have any other ideas before I try to get it replaced???
    I would try wiping and reinstalling the os and see if that does it.. the screen works except for when you are using the dial pad right?

  5. #5
    loboboy's Avatar
    loboboy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Posts
    118
    yep. I will do that tonight if I get a chance.



  6. #6
    loboboy's Avatar
    loboboy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Posts
    118
    wiped phone and reloaded and before I added back in my 3rd party apps the dial pad worked ok but once I reloaded 3rd party apps it quit working again. Now I am removing 3rd party apps 1 at a time to find out which one is causing the problem.

  7. #7
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by loboboy View Post
    wiped phone and reloaded and before I added back in my 3rd party apps the dial pad worked ok but once I reloaded 3rd party apps it quit working again. Now I am removing 3rd party apps 1 at a time to find out which one is causing the problem.
    good call.. You may have to do a security wipe and then add them one at a time to find it to let us know what is causing it

  8. #8
    loboboy's Avatar
    loboboy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Posts
    118
    Well I did the wipe again and used an older backup file for the phone and everything works fine. I am guessing there was something corrupted in the settings on the phone and when I did a backup it carried over. Wish I had more info on what it was but no can do all I know is that it was not the 3rd party apps like I originally suspected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •