ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Liked
    0 times

Dial Pad unresponsive

Hey guys I have a new issue and can't figure out what the problem is. 9530 on Verizon with the latest .328 OS installed and all of a sudden my dial pad for the phone is unresponsive except for 0 which works fine. I can make calls if I go to contacts list and call for the contacts list but if I have to dial the number seperately it won't dial.

Any ideas????

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loboboy View Post
    Hey guys I have a new issue and can't figure out what the problem is. 9530 on Verizon with the latest .328 OS installed and all of a sudden my dial pad for the phone is unresponsive except for 0 which works fine. I can make calls if I go to contacts list and call for the contacts list but if I have to dial the number seperately it won't dial.

Any ideas????
    Mine did this once but was fixed with a battery pull.

loboboy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Liked
    0 times
    3 battery pulls and nothing but thanks. Do you have any other ideas before I try to get it replaced???

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    3 battery pulls and nothing but thanks. Do you have any other ideas before I try to get it replaced???
    I would try wiping and reinstalling the os and see if that does it.. the screen works except for when you are using the dial pad right?

PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Liked
    0 times
    yep. I will do that tonight if I get a chance.

PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Liked
    0 times
    wiped phone and reloaded and before I added back in my 3rd party apps the dial pad worked ok but once I reloaded 3rd party apps it quit working again. Now I am removing 3rd party apps 1 at a time to find out which one is causing the problem.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    wiped phone and reloaded and before I added back in my 3rd party apps the dial pad worked ok but once I reloaded 3rd party apps it quit working again. Now I am removing 3rd party apps 1 at a time to find out which one is causing the problem.
    good call.. You may have to do a security wipe and then add them one at a time to find it to let us know what is causing it

PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I did the wipe again and used an older backup file for the phone and everything works fine. I am guessing there was something corrupted in the settings on the phone and when I did a backup it carried over. Wish I had more info on what it was but no can do all I know is that it was not the 3rd party apps like I originally suspected.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Well I did the wipe again and used an older backup file for the phone and everything works fine. I am guessing there was something corrupted in the settings on the phone and when I did a backup it carried over. Wish I had more info on what it was but no can do all I know is that it was not the 3rd party apps like I originally suspected.
    hmm odd at least its fixed

ScottD is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Lobo- I have been having the same problem. When I call my voice mail I get this very odd dial pad. The only numbers working are 5 and 0.....did this also happen to you?
    Thanks

ScottD is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Lobo.......Did the same thing reloaded an earlier backup. Then reloaded the newer OS....Dial pad is working.....straaaaannnge!

Normal Ted is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    Sounds like this info might be a little late for you, but I just had the same issue and cleared it up by going to options and turning off the full keyboard view in Portrait view keyboard setting.

mavscott09 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    storm
    Liked
    0 times
    I have already gotten one storm replaced due to this issue, because the techs had never heard of it. Well the second one just did it for the first time. I tried every method that I have found online and none of them worked. The only one that did, was yours. (turning off the full keyboard in portrait view) i appreciate the help thanks.

paperdude110 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times

Smile 9530 Dial pad nonresponsive

This fixed mine.

(turning off the full keyboard in portrait view) i

paperdude110 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    (turning off the full keyboard in portrait view) i

Atomic.18 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Ask me.
    Device
    Storm2 952
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    This is A Horrible Bug In .328 radio file. this was discover in a forum thread by Civic also with the email links not opening bug exist in that .328 OS... I Strongly advise you upgrade to .419 as that problem has been fix an quite a few other bugs .. dont forget to delete the vender.xml file
    Last edited by Atomic.18; 01-08-2010 at 07:04 PM.

JRLowery is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 8530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Normal Ted View Post
    Sounds like this info might be a little late for you, but I just had the same issue and cleared it up by going to options and turning off the full keyboard view in Portrait view keyboard setting.

This worked instant. Sucks I can't use the full keyboard in portrait view, I think I have the latest updates? Is there some way to fix this so that I can go back to the full keyboard? How do you go to the .419 OS, it doesn't offer it with Desktop Manager...

I have been fighting this bug through three phone replacements. The tech at the store can never figure it out. Back the phone up, then restore on the replacement phone and no problem...until about a week later. Didn't install any apps this last time, then installed Google Sync yesterday and today the dialpad stopped working. Same symptoms, can only dial 0 and when in a phone call the dialpad changes to some wierd configuratin with the 5 up where the three goes, etc.

Thanks again for the tip.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JRLowery View Post
    This worked instant. Sucks I can't use the full keyboard in portrait view, I think I have the latest updates? Is there some way to fix this so that I can go back to the full keyboard? How do you go to the .419 OS, it doesn't offer it with Desktop Manager...

I have been fighting this bug through three phone replacements. The tech at the store can never figure it out. Back the phone up, then restore on the replacement phone and no problem...until about a week later. Didn't install any apps this last time, then installed Google Sync yesterday and today the dialpad stopped working. Same symptoms, can only dial 0 and when in a phone call the dialpad changes to some wierd configuratin with the 5 up where the three goes, etc.

Thanks again for the tip.
    Unfortunately there is no way around this. stinks..

I am not sure if one of the hybrids fix this or not that would be the only other thing you could try

JRLowery is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 8530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    After changing the from the full portrait keyboard fixed the problem, I switched it back and the problem is still gone. We will see how long it lasts... Guess I can just go through these steps every time it does it until they release that next OS update.

Thanks again for the help, got tired of going into the store and having to restore a new phone.

PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    Liked
    0 times
    sorry I have been gone for a while. I upgraded to a storm 2 and my old storm 1 still has this issue so I will upgrade to the latest leak and then ebay the phone so if anyone is looking for a storm 1 let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast