Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Device
    Storm 8530
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Normal Ted View Post
    Sounds like this info might be a little late for you, but I just had the same issue and cleared it up by going to options and turning off the full keyboard view in Portrait view keyboard setting.

This worked instant. Sucks I can't use the full keyboard in portrait view, I think I have the latest updates? Is there some way to fix this so that I can go back to the full keyboard? How do you go to the .419 OS, it doesn't offer it with Desktop Manager...

I have been fighting this bug through three phone replacements. The tech at the store can never figure it out. Back the phone up, then restore on the replacement phone and no problem...until about a week later. Didn't install any apps this last time, then installed Google Sync yesterday and today the dialpad stopped working. Same symptoms, can only dial 0 and when in a phone call the dialpad changes to some wierd configuratin with the 5 up where the three goes, etc.

Thanks again for the tip.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by JRLowery View Post
    This worked instant. Sucks I can't use the full keyboard in portrait view, I think I have the latest updates? Is there some way to fix this so that I can go back to the full keyboard? How do you go to the .419 OS, it doesn't offer it with Desktop Manager...

I have been fighting this bug through three phone replacements. The tech at the store can never figure it out. Back the phone up, then restore on the replacement phone and no problem...until about a week later. Didn't install any apps this last time, then installed Google Sync yesterday and today the dialpad stopped working. Same symptoms, can only dial 0 and when in a phone call the dialpad changes to some wierd configuratin with the 5 up where the three goes, etc.

Thanks again for the tip.
    Unfortunately there is no way around this. stinks..

I am not sure if one of the hybrids fix this or not that would be the only other thing you could try

Device
    Storm 8530
    OS
    After changing the from the full portrait keyboard fixed the problem, I switched it back and the problem is still gone. We will see how long it lasts... Guess I can just go through these steps every time it does it until they release that next OS update.

Thanks again for the help, got tired of going into the store and having to restore a new phone.

PIN
    ask
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .328 is great
    sorry I have been gone for a while. I upgraded to a storm 2 and my old storm 1 still has this issue so I will upgrade to the latest leak and then ebay the phone so if anyone is looking for a storm 1 let me know.

PIN
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    rsayles
    Just had this problem and was ready to spend the day at the Verizon store...but what you suggested worked!! Thanks so much!

Device
    Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by Normal Ted View Post
    Sounds like this info might be a little late for you, but I just had the same issue and cleared it up by going to options and turning off the full keyboard view in Portrait view keyboard setting.
    Thanks this info helped alot! I went to the store and they switched out my blackberry storm twice because the dial pad stopped working. Everytime I came home and but my back up file on the phone it would do it again. So pretty much techs at the store and on the phone couldn't solve this problem. So I Googled it! You go to options, screen/keyboard, portrait view keyboard select suretype. And it fixes the problem! yay for forums!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123