I dont care im staying with big red i have no thoughts of leaving
    Don't get me wrong...I will not leave VZW either.:cool2:

PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    I can def. seem verizon offering an early 2yr contract renewal to all S1 owners for $179, like BBcrackman said earlier (on page 3) it just puts more money in VZW's pocket and it keeps the S1 owners happy..it's a win win. But I'm not VZW so time will tell what VZW will do.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    I am sure they got many calls from angry storm 1 owners since storm2 launch so they are probably developing an emergency plan

Quote Originally Posted by quiet1 View Post
    I can def. seem verizon offering an early 2yr contract renewal to all S1 owners for $179, like BBcrackman said earlier (on page 3) it just puts more money in VZW's pocket and it keeps the S1 owners happy..it's a win win. But I'm not VZW so time will tell what VZW will do.
    Posted via BlackBerry device

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Let me make this a lil easier to understand. Technically they are not doing anything specifically for s1 owners. But here is the thing technically speaking the Storm 2 is the only device that is close to the storm 1. So if you have a s1 replaced 3 times in 90 days (or multi fru) and think about this.. you want a large screen, touch, not winmo, push email... no physical keyboard.. what does that leave? Storm 2. With that said dont expect this just because you have a S1 but if you have a S1 that you have had replaced quite a bit it is worth a try. Just remember be nice, tell them why you got the storm1 what I just said, and dont throw a fit. THe nicer you are to CS the more they will want to do to help you.

Device
    blackberry storm 9630
    OS
    I honestly do not see them doing this. They may work out something with a rebate of some sort, and maybe you would have to trade in your storm 1 to RIM through their trade in program. That may get you a little closer to the 179.99 deal, but there is no way VZW is just going to give them for that price just because you own a storm 1. Just my opinion.

PIN
    The Tail on the Donkey
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    I just picked up the Storm 2 on Wednesday and there was not mention of this; yesterday we went to Verizon to upgrade my girlfriends Storm and there was no deal (at this time) - even after explaining all the challanges with the phone. They did offer to swap her existing Storm for the same one .

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but I doubt that they will be discontinuing the Storm (1) anytime soon - so no discounted upgrade/trade in

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by savjr View Post
    I just picked up the Storm 2 on Wednesday and there was not mention of this; yesterday we went to Verizon to upgrade my girlfriends Storm and there was no deal (at this time) - even after explaining all the challanges with the phone. They did offer to swap her existing Storm for the same one .

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but I doubt that they will be discontinuing the Storm (1) anytime soon - so no discounted upgrade/trade in
    they have already discontinued the storm 1, they are just now depleting the stock of it.

PIN
    wheel
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    who can keep up...
    Whoah! Started a firestorm here huh? Lol! Get it?? Storm?!

So, my friend said he paid less than $100 for the upgrade. I still didn't get exact details, but I'll send him the thread so he can chime in. Oh, and he did say he used a rebate.

Woo Hoo! Going to Verizon today!!
    Last edited by beachbunnimom; 11-01-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast