Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2? - Page 5
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2?

dustin4863 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    304ceb10
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    who knows
    Liked
    0 times
    so what is the truth?? anyone! anyone! bueller? bueller?

headstrong56003 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    307D9B69
    Device
    STORM
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbunnimom View Post
    So, a friend of mine went to Verizon today and they replaced his Storm with a Storm 2. I don't have all the details yet, but he said they will upgrade any Storm, but not making it public. I'm not sure yet why he had it replaced in the 1st place, or if they charged him. I'll update when I get that info.

Anyone know anything about this??!
    not true at all. there may have been something else going on with his phone, like maybe multiple replacements within a certain amount of time, but verizon would not upgrade all s1 to s2. not gonna happen

the horses mouth is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 2
    Liked
    0 times
    First post and new member.....and Beachbunnimoms "friend" (and yes she is real & she is spectacular!).

A bit of clarification on the story (minimal) I didn't physically walk into a V*rizon store...I had an issue with my Storm 1 and was talking with a rep on the phone. I mentioned that I was extremely unhappy with the performance of my Storm & asked if there was anything that he could do to "help me out" with an upgrade to the Storm2. He asked for me to hold on a second as he pulled up my account, I mentioned to him that I was not eligable at this point in time for an upgrade (as I had checked on that with MyV*erizon and the date was sometime off in 2011). He said "thats not a problem, if you got a Storm1 you are eligable for an upgrade to a Storm2" and you can take advantage of a $100.00 rebate.......etc etc. I am not going to get into how much I spent and yes I did have to indenture myself for another 2 years (but what the hell, I am ok with V*rizon and we have numerous lines with them - both personal & biz). Got my Storm2 2 days later via Fed-Ex and I have to tell you that it has been years since I have actually been excited about owning a new phone. The 2 years & x number of dollars that I spent is well worth it.

Thats the long & the short of the story all. I'm not sure if I scored with a cool sales rep or karma was coming my way that morning but I say call them & gently push to see if we can pull one over on the big V (with their veiled threats of up to $175.00 cancellation fees)

Peace out,
    thm

dustin4863 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    304ceb10
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    who knows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by the horses mouth View Post
    First post and new member.....and Beachbunnimoms "friend" (and yes she is real & she is spectacular!).

A bit of clarification on the story (minimal) I didn't physically walk into a V*rizon store...I had an issue with my Storm 1 and was talking with a rep on the phone. I mentioned that I was extremely unhappy with the performance of my Storm & asked if there was anything that he could do to "help me out" with an upgrade to the Storm2. He asked for me to hold on a second as he pulled up my account, I mentioned to him that I was not eligable at this point in time for an upgrade (as I had checked on that with MyV*erizon and the date was sometime off in 2011). He said "thats not a problem, if you got a Storm1 you are eligable for an upgrade to a Storm2" and you can take advantage of a $100.00 rebate.......etc etc. I am not going to get into how much I spent and yes I did have to indenture myself for another 2 years (but what the hell, I am ok with V*rizon and we have numerous lines with them - both personal & biz). Got my Storm2 2 days later via Fed-Ex and I have to tell you that it has been years since I have actually been excited about owning a new phone. The 2 years & x number of dollars that I spent is well worth it.

Thats the long & the short of the story all. I'm not sure if I scored with a cool sales rep or karma was coming my way that morning but I say call them & gently push to see if we can pull one over on the big V (with their veiled threats of up to $175.00 cancellation fees)

Peace out,
    thm
    thank you thm very nice i will try

beachbunnimom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    wheel
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    who can keep up...
    Liked
    0 times

Peace out,
    thm
    Ahhhh, THANK YOU!!!! XOXO :07:

So, all you disbelievers, this is the "friend" I was talking about. I'd say this experience, combined with the ominous sales reps, "wait for 2 more weeks" reports from a couple people seals the deal! For me, at least! :banana:

xkwwwx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    dammoni-uhhhhm
    Device
    Verizon 9530/Droid
    OS
    Lyricidal .238/296 Hybrid/android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9530)

Quote Originally Posted by beachbunnimom
    So, a friend of mine went to Verizon today and they replaced his Storm with a Storm 2. I don't have all the details yet, but he said they will upgrade any Storm, but not making it public. I'm not sure yet why he had it replaced in the 1st place, or if they charged him. I'll update when I get that info.

Anyone know anything about this??!

UPDATE:
    If you check out post #83, you can see the actual recount from my friend, "The Horses Mouth"!!!
    Nope didn't work for me.
    FREE 95xx ALIENWARE OMEGA SLIDER BY ZLEE67 http://tinyurl.com/alienware-omega
    VAPE INTELLICIGS AT WWW.INTELLICIG.COM
    BBOS ROCKS

cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Peace out,
    thm
    I'm a bit curious as to why you won't say what you paid for it.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

riahon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    307DFF4B
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    going back to what the front page said about a rep talking someone out of spending the full amount being unheard of. if you buy the phone at full retail price then the rep doesn't make ANYTHING on the sale
    I went to a VZW store, the day of the Storm2 release. I had every intention of paying full price for a S2. They repeated several times that S1 with the new OS was comparable to the S2 and that I should wait for my upgrade, instead of paying full price. So.....here I sit waiting to see what is going to happen.
    Storm 9550 - 5.0.0.320

Thanks !

RANDYRKELLY is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow RANDYRKELLY On Twitter
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    Wirelessly posted (Stormy 4)

Quote Originally Posted by the horses mouth

Peace out,
    thm
    They told me same thing. P can get the storm two for the 175. With the rebate. That's what they said but I said no. I have has ten replacements. So they told me a rep will call me Monday.

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    I can vouch for that as well :-p

Mustang02 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Must be nice. I went to a store and was turned down so I called and they turned me down as well. Even a Manager said I have to wait. So I'll just stick with my Storm and not worry about it.

jason.steelman1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jason.steelman1 On Twitter
    PIN
    TO Beans
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I asked my buddy today who is a VZW rep as well, and he said that of course that COULD happen in certain instances, but obviously it's the exception and not the rule. Point being if you deserve the upgrade after having to replace 10 Storm 1's, it makes sense that they up you to the Storm 2. If you someone like me who has only had ONE Storm replaced and are trying to scam the system to save $175/or retail price, then unless you get lucky this will not work for you. Im gonna wait until something happens with my storm or an actual vzw deal is offered.

As for Beachbunnimom being spectacular....these comments are worthless without pics! hehe

Now back to the Panthers v Cardinals, go Panthers, despite Delhomme!
    Come on you Gunners!! Up the Arsenal!

the horses mouth is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 2
    Liked
    0 times
    I didn't join this morning to one up anyone or feed any kind of frenzy. I was doing a favor for a pretty girl (stir stir) who is a friend of mine. The title of the thread was V*rizon upgrading Storms. From my perspective this rumor has been confirmed (upgrade you inside or outside your "due date"). The title wasn't "Walk in to V*rizon store & they will hand you a Storm2", but I understand that the internet/forums breed online cynics & I can appreciate that. On another note, the Storm2 came out on October 28 @ $279.00 & they are now offering it on their website @ $179.00. As stated above in a post I noticed, there is def. something going on with Ma V.
    Back to sunday football. Peace out.

Mustang02 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I didn't join this morning to one up anyone or feed any kind of frenzy. I was doing a favor for a pretty girl (stir stir) who is a friend of mine. The title of the thread was V*rizon upgrading Storms. From my perspective this rumor has been confirmed (upgrade you inside or outside your "due date"). The title wasn't "Walk in to V*rizon store & they will hand you a Storm2", but I understand that the internet/forums breed online cynics & I can appreciate that. On another note, the Storm2 came out on October 28 @ $279.00 & they are now offering it on their website @ $179.00. As stated above in a post I noticed, there is def. something going on with Ma V.
    Back to sunday football. Peace out.
    Incorrect. They are still going for $279 online with an instant $100 discount which is the same as going to the store and getting the $100 MIR.

rushringleader is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow rushringleader On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    If this is true, I wonder if my friend who works for VZW can hook me up. Right when I was thinking of going Droid

newberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    just ask
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    im going wait a bit then go in and get my S1 replaced lol

Miata492 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Miata492 On Twitter
    PIN
    OT NOIR
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    my 4th storm started to lose it's click at the bottom of the screen again (why im on my 4th...) so they sent me my 5th (which arrived the day the S2 came out) and that screen was worse than the one I was replacing! so I call again, acting like I didnt know about the S2 and when they told me not to activate #5 because they were sending #6. So I asked if they could offer me a different phone and the rep told me that I "didnt have enough replacements within a certain time frame" and then he told me "you had to have 3 replaced within 90 days". He then said if #6 was not good they would give me a Tour and I said that is not a touchscreen phone - I want a comparable phone. He said the S2 came out today but he "could not tell me I would be able to get that, because it just came out today but once again, if the replacement that is on the way is no good, you never know"...
    Something tells me #6 may just be bad as soon as the box is opened...
    VZW Storm2 9550 5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid

beachbunnimom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    wheel
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    who can keep up...
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman View Post
    I can vouch for that as well :-p
    I'm blushing! :01:

RANDYRKELLY is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow RANDYRKELLY On Twitter
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    Wirelessly posted (Stormy 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Miata492
    my 4th storm started to lose it's click at the bottom of the screen again (why im on my 4th...) so they sent me my 5th (which arrived the day the S2 came out) and that screen was worse than the one I was replacing! so I call again, acting like I didnt know about the S2 and when they told me not to activate #5 because they were sending #6. So I asked if they could offer me a different phone and the rep told me that I "didnt have enough replacements within a certain time frame" and then he told me "you had to have 3 replaced within 90 days". He then said if #6 was not good they would give me a Tour and I said that is not a touchscreen phone - I want a comparable phone. He said the S2 came out today but he "could not tell me I would be able to get that, because it just came out today but once again, if the replacement that is on the way is no good, you never know"...
    Something tells me #6 may just be bad as soon as the box is opened...
    That's what they told me to. ten replacements. Four in 90 days and said I qualify for a brand new Storm not w Storm 2. Bummer.

mybikeisblack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mybikeisblack On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    It would be nice to see Verizon do something about this. I'm currently on my 9th Storm in the last 6 months. The last 4 of them are with in a month. I have no problem keeping the same storm but I see no reason in getting refurbished phones everytime. They are just phones someone else had a problem with.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast