Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTruckincowboy View Post
    I talked with csr on the phone and they said that people who are recieving the email about upgrading early have had there phone at least a year.
    I've only had mine 3 months .. oh well
    Thats not true. I got mine in January and I got the email and my S2 will be here tomorrow.

PIN
    *ask*
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    My bf and I each got a Storm 1 in Feb and last week I got the email and a flyer letting me know about an "early" upgrade...but only 1 of us is allowed to get it. He's been crazy about the Storm 2 since the whispers started so he got it. I hope Verizon lets ME upgrade in this coming Feb as it will be the 1yr mark....

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by drurena25 View Post
    My bf and I each got a Storm 1 in Feb and last week I got the email and a flyer letting me know about an "early" upgrade...but only 1 of us is allowed to get it. He's been crazy about the Storm 2 since the whispers started so he got it. I hope Verizon lets ME upgrade in this coming Feb as it will be the 1yr mark....
    Welcome to ! It's surprising they didn't allow both lines to upgrade.

PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    has anyone tried to order it online? i'm eligible for an upgrade dec 15 09 but it let me put the storm2 in the cart and i ordered. now i'm not sure if they normally let customers upgrade a month earlier. i'm not sure if it had to due with the upgrade time being next month but online it said i wasnt eligible til dec 15 2009. i got an email tonight saying my storm2 has been shipped.

Device
    Storm2 (9550)
    OS
    5.0.0.428 w/451 Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt9800 View Post
    Hello all, first post here...

Stumbled upon this thread a few days ago and thought I'd share my experience:

Bought my Storm 1 in April of this year. Long story short, I'm about to receive my 4th Storm in 5 days (dust, bad usb/charging port, and the latest one had a cracked screen when I opened the box). As I was ordering my latest replacement, I asked the CSR if I had any upgrade options (in-store clerk had just told me not until Dec 2010). She said I was eligible for some sort of annual upgrade (not sure what her exact words were) and a $100 instant rebate. She quoted me $229 for the Droid ($329 - $100 rebate) and $209 for the Storm 2 ($309 - $100 rebate). After reading this entire thread I don't recall seeing this pricing. Does it make any sense that I can get the Droid for only $30 more than new contract price after being only 7 months into a 2 year contract? (I hope that makes sense).

I believe that is the one year pricing on those devices. Many of the folks on this thread (including myself) were able to get the two year pricing on an early upgrade. I am not sure if them offering you that price has to do with it being a replacement for the Storm 1 instead of an early upgrade.

Device
    Storm
    Finally got my droid in the mail yesterday!! Im so glad I switched I absolutely LOVE this phone . I put at least 20 apps on already hehe. Found a SNES and Sega emulator and played super mario 3 and jungle strike all night long. Physical keyboard on it is crap but the virtual one is much easier to type on for me than my storm and made almost no errors . Ran it very hard for at least 10 hours yesterday and didnt have to reboot it.Thats one thing im not going to miss from my storm.

PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gkeller16 View Post
    Finally got my droid in the mail yesterday!! I'm so glad I switched I absolutely LOVE this phone . I put at least 20 apps on already he-he. Found a SNES and Sega emulator and played super Mario 3 and jungle strike all night long. Physical keyboard on it is crap but the virtual one is much easier to type on for me than my storm and made almost no errors . Ran it very hard for at least 10 hours yesterday and didn't have to reboot it.That's one thing I'm not going to miss from my storm.
    That's always good to know.
    My Droid is out for delivery today. Hope to get it soon, so I can do some running around and take care of things today.

PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    has anyone tried to order it online? I'm eligible for an upgrade DEC 15 09 but it let me put the storm2 in the cart and i ordered. now I'm not sure if they normally let customers upgrade a month earlier. I'm not sure if it had to due with the upgrade time being next month but online it said i wasn't eligible til DEC 15 2009. i got an email tonight saying my storm2 has been shipped.
    When I tried to order my Droid online, the VZW site kept on freezing-up on me, so I couldn't complete my order.
    So instead I decided to everything by phone.

It seems FedUp is taking their merry ole' time driving around L.V. today.

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast