Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

i wonder why i haven't gotten this email yet... i went and checked out the S2 at verizon today and it was pretty neat, feels a lot more solid, and typing was super easy....

i'm eager to upgrade though.. i only purchased my first storm at the beginning of this year..

i am browsing the verizon site right now and i clicked upgrade devices and it shows me a bar with about 12 more months before i can upgrade but it seems like i can add the s2 to cart for 180...

hmm to do it or not to do it

so the total if i order it through verizon would be $227.24 after tax....
    is it worth it... hmmmm
    Last edited by enphenate; 11-16-2009 at 07:10 PM.

PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang02 View Post
    not yet. i will stop by tomorrow and see if i want to really pull the trigger.
    never PULL a trigger, gently squeeze so you don't mess up your shot group.

Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 but may need to return to BBC's v8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by gkeller16 View Post
    I have a question for someone who knows about verizons policy . I have been turned down twice for upgrading my phone regarding this promo and I noticed on their website about the annual upgrade . It states :
    "You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply)."

According to a letter sent by verizon to me my last update was sept of 08, so according to their policy I should be eligible for a annual upgrade correct?
    And yes my plan is more than the 49.99 as well Im paying almost $175 between these two storms for our plans.
    I went to VZW today to look into the upgrade. I received a flier the other day, but still wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money. They told me that I wouldn't be able to upgrade until January because I haven't had my S1 for at least a year. O-well I said. After playing with the dummy unit I've decided that my S1 is worth keeping. WIFI would be cool, but not worth $179 + tax.

It was actually the keyboard that helped me make my decision. I can type so much faster on my S1 than the S2. The S2 was sooooo stiff. However, I have a dime on top of my S1 battery that helps its responsiveness. What really did it for me was the SureType. I tried to type "this keyboard is cool", but what suretype gave me was "jetnosed" instead of "keyboard". WTF? keyboard wasn't even an option. none of the options even started with a k. Again, WTF?

Who knows, maybe it's because it's a dummy unit, or someone screwed with the dictionary. Regardless, I'm sticking with the S1. It still rocks!

Device
    Storm 9530
    Hello all, first post here...

Stumbled upon this thread a few days ago and thought I'd share my experience:

Bought my Storm 1 in April of this year. Long story short, I'm about to receive my 4th Storm in 5 days (dust, bad usb/charging port, and the latest one had a cracked screen when I opened the box). As I was ordering my latest replacement, I asked the CSR if I had any upgrade options (in-store clerk had just told me not until Dec 2010). She said I was eligible for some sort of annual upgrade (not sure what her exact words were) and a $100 instant rebate. She quoted me $229 for the Droid ($329 - $100 rebate) and $209 for the Storm 2 ($309 - $100 rebate). After reading this entire thread I don't recall seeing this pricing. Does it make any sense that I can get the Droid for only $30 more than new contract price after being only 7 months into a 2 year contract? (I hope that makes sense).

PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P

Going Droid...

Well... this morning I made the call, and got a Droid coming to my doorstep Thursday (along with some other goodies at a more than reasonable price...free).

Looking forward to putting this device through it's paces.

PIN
    head
    Device
    vzw 9530
    OS
    5.0.323 rocking fast !!
    I talked with csr on the phone and they said that people who are recieving the email about upgrading early have had there phone at least a year.
    I've only had mine 3 months .. oh well

PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTruckincowboy View Post
    I talked with csr on the phone and they said that people who are recieving the email about upgrading early have had there phone at least a year.
    I mean no harm but, how could someone have an S1 for a year, when it was released at the end of November 2008??? It is only the 17 of November… I would not be surprised if CS said this though.
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    G Pong
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    669 hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTruckincowboy View Post
    I had called 3 times and was shot down until i got the flyer. Never got an email.

I purchased my storm one in Jan. I dont think most csr know what they are talking about. Some of them have no clue of this offer.

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast