Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2? - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2?

carljohnson88 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    30520aac
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

There's always a chance...

I don't know why this would be too crazy of an idea. Yeah, it is Big Red, but why not? I honestly think BlackBerry should definitely be considering giving these away to keep up with Apple. There is no doubt that BlackBerry created the Storm to "kill" the iPhone.

As much as I loved my Storm1, and I have had mine since launch day and I have had 5 replacements, it was a flop. There is no other way to look at it. It was not ready to be released and it hurt the device more than it helped by releasing it early. When a device has a software update within 10 days of release, it is not ready for the big show.

Apple on the other hand has not had a bad iPhone yet. Every iPhone Apple even whispers about is a hit 5 months before it hits the shelves. And Apple offers early adopters to get the new iPhone for a 2 year contract price on device launch.

I am certainly not saying anyone with a Storm1 should be given a new Storm2, but I do not see why a cheaper if not free Storm2 should be offered to Storm1 owners that bought their Storm1 within 3 months of launch or so. There is just too much going on with Android and Apple to not make a move.

I will always have a place in my heart for BlackBerrys, but I won't sign a 2 year contract and pay possibly $279.99 for a device I pretty much already have when, if and only when I am annually upgrade eligible. It should be when the device drops, 4 days ago, not Nov 21. There should be free Storm2's handed out to current, early adopting Storm1 chasers. No new contract, no device price.

And before Jim is worried about buying a hockey team, RIM should be looking at customer satisfaction. BlackBerry needs to keep their customers happy or they won't have them. Once they take care of their customers, buy a hockey team. Hell, throw out a bid for Baskin Robbins and Starbucks for all I care, but the customer has always and will always be the business.

So to wrap up my rant, Verizon and BlackBerry not only should offer something like free Storm2's, but they absolutely need to. It's time to crap or get off the toilet, because the Droid is coming and not everyone is going to sit around and wait for someone to do something. Myself included.
    Last edited by carljohnson88; 11-01-2009 at 04:03 AM.

cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carljohnson88 View Post
    I don't know why this would be too crazy of an idea. Yeah, it is Big Red, but why not? I honestly think BlackBerry should definitely be considering giving these away to keep up with Apple. There is no doubt that BlackBerry created the Storm to "kill" the iPhone.

As much as I loved my Storm1, and I have had mine since launch day and I have had 5 replacements, it was a flop. There is no other way to look at it. It was not ready to be released and it hurt the device more than it helped by releasing it early. When a device has a software update within 10 days of release, it is not ready for the big show.

Apple on the other hand has not had a bad iPhone yet. Every iPhone Apple even whispers about is a hit 5 months before it hits the shelves. And Apple offers early adopters to get the new iPhone for a 2 year contract price on device launch.

I am certainly not saying anyone with a Storm1 should be given a new Storm2, but I do not see why a cheaper if not free Storm2 should be offered to Storm1 owners that bought their Storm1 within 3 months of launch or so. There is just too much going on with Android and Apple to not make a move.

I will always have a place in my heart for BlackBerrys, but I won't sign a 2 year contract and pay possibly $279.99 for a device I pretty much already have when, if and only when I am annually upgrade eligible. It should be when the device drops, 4 days ago, not Nov 21. There should be free Storm2's handed out to current, early adopting Storm1 chasers. No new contract, no device price.

So to wrap up my rant, Verizon and BlackBerry not only should offer something like free Storm2's, but they absolutely need to. It's time to crap or get off the toilet, because the Droid is coming and not everyone is going to sit around and wait for someone to do something. Myself included.
    Well said.
    My sentiments exactly.
    :beerchug:

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    I'll believe it when I see it. I can't see VZW giving the S2 for free to S1 owners, maybe letting them buy at the 2yr price.

BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

I'd more believe an upgrade & new contract for $179 & even that I doubt will happen. "IF" it does happen, I'll upgrade & sign on for another 2 years.

d_1000 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ch me
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v2.3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saso07 View Post
    I dont care im staying with big red i have no thoughts of leaving
    Don't get me wrong...I will not leave VZW either.:cool2:

quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    I can def. seem verizon offering an early 2yr contract renewal to all S1 owners for $179, like BBcrackman said earlier (on page 3) it just puts more money in VZW's pocket and it keeps the S1 owners happy..it's a win win. But I'm not VZW so time will tell what VZW will do.
    A hybrid junkie...due to the one and only... crackman!!

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    I am sure they got many calls from angry storm 1 owners since storm2 launch so they are probably developing an emergency plan

Quote Originally Posted by quiet1 View Post
    I can def. seem verizon offering an early 2yr contract renewal to all S1 owners for $179, like BBcrackman said earlier (on page 3) it just puts more money in VZW's pocket and it keeps the S1 owners happy..it's a win win. But I'm not VZW so time will tell what VZW will do.
    Posted via BlackBerry device

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Let me make this a lil easier to understand. Technically they are not doing anything specifically for s1 owners. But here is the thing technically speaking the Storm 2 is the only device that is close to the storm 1. So if you have a s1 replaced 3 times in 90 days (or multi fru) and think about this.. you want a large screen, touch, not winmo, push email... no physical keyboard.. what does that leave? Storm 2. With that said dont expect this just because you have a S1 but if you have a S1 that you have had replaced quite a bit it is worth a try. Just remember be nice, tell them why you got the storm1 what I just said, and dont throw a fit. THe nicer you are to CS the more they will want to do to help you.

drtechy is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    blackberry storm 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I honestly do not see them doing this. They may work out something with a rebate of some sort, and maybe you would have to trade in your storm 1 to RIM through their trade in program. That may get you a little closer to the 179.99 deal, but there is no way VZW is just going to give them for that price just because you own a storm 1. Just my opinion.

savjr is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow savjr On Twitter
    PIN
    The Tail on the Donkey
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I just picked up the Storm 2 on Wednesday and there was not mention of this; yesterday we went to Verizon to upgrade my girlfriends Storm and there was no deal (at this time) - even after explaining all the challanges with the phone. They did offer to swap her existing Storm for the same one .

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but I doubt that they will be discontinuing the Storm (1) anytime soon - so no discounted upgrade/trade in

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by savjr View Post
    I just picked up the Storm 2 on Wednesday and there was not mention of this; yesterday we went to Verizon to upgrade my girlfriends Storm and there was no deal (at this time) - even after explaining all the challanges with the phone. They did offer to swap her existing Storm for the same one .

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but I doubt that they will be discontinuing the Storm (1) anytime soon - so no discounted upgrade/trade in
    they have already discontinued the storm 1, they are just now depleting the stock of it.

beachbunnimom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    wheel
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    who can keep up...
    Liked
    0 times
    Whoah! Started a firestorm here huh? Lol! Get it?? Storm?!

So, my friend said he paid less than $100 for the upgrade. I still didn't get exact details, but I'll send him the thread so he can chime in. Oh, and he did say he used a rebate.

Woo Hoo! Going to Verizon today!!
    Last edited by beachbunnimom; 11-01-2009 at 10:40 AM.

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I mean, these phones still retail for well over $500, right? It just seems unlikely in the extreme that Verizon would just give them away when all the customers receiving them are already currently locked into agreements. As it stands, while I might be willing to take a Storm 2 if it were free, if I have to pay anything for it I'm gonna wait and see how the Droid pans out. Now if they offered Storm 1 users early upgrade pricing on ANY phone, THEN they'd have me for sure. I'd love to be able to freely compare the Storm 2 and all the new phones coming out.
    .75 -> .148 -> .151 Hybrids -> v5
    Better and better!

Buzzdar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    i know if this happens i am gonna be pissed i had so many problems with the 2 storms that i bought and was had no choice to get rid of them and ended up going back to a curve and a tour at full price. just to be able to have working phones. this is not right.

cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbunnimom View Post
    Whoah! Started a firestorm here huh? Lol! Get it?? Storm?!

So, my friend said he paid less than $100 for the upgrade. I still didn't get exact details, but I'll send him the thread so he can chime in. Oh, and he did say he used a rebate.

Woo Hoo! Going to Verizon today!!
    Yes my dear, you've started one heck of a ruckus!!!

Looking forward to what your "friend" has to say about this whole endeavor.

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    they have already discontinued the storm 1, they are just now depleting the stock of it.

haha shouldn't take them that long to get rid of all storm 1's then :crazy:

firedude411 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Big Red or RIM?

Hello. This is my first registration and reply, however I have been lurking here for a while. I must thank everyone for great information and the leaks I have found tremendous. On this topic, I was wondering. Maybe it is not Big Red but RIM trying to appease Big Red and get people locked in to a new storm2. Droid is comming and that could really hurt RIM. They could be offering Big Red something for every Storm 1 they bring them. Any thoughts?

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by firedude411 View Post
    Hello. This is my first registration and reply, however I have been lurking here for a while. I must thank everyone for great information and the leaks I have found tremendous. On this topic, I was wondering. Maybe it is not Big Red but RIM trying to appease Big Red and get people locked in to a new storm2. Droid is comming and that could really hurt RIM. They could be offering Big Red something for every Storm 1 they bring them. Any thoughts?
    Welcome to ! That would be highly unlikely.Welcome to !

yamaberry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    YATA!!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    v10 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times

My attempt!

So I went and tried to get a storm 2 as a replacement for my storm 1, as I am having an issue after the upgraded software. I know I could reinstall and fix the problem but needed an excuse for exchange.
    Anyway the girl told me she could replace it under warranty with another storm 1 or I could upgrade to the storm 2 for the going price. She also said if she was me she would wait a week or two and then make my decision. She was trying to tell me something, without telling me anything. She was very convincing. So i'll hold off. Verizon is up to something, I just don't know what!!!!!! Time will tell.:aargh4:

watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    going back to what the front page said about a rep talking someone out of spending the full amount being unheard of. if you buy the phone at full retail price then the rep doesn't make ANYTHING on the sale

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast