Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Device
    I just called the number that is located on the email, I never received this email, but when I called it and claimed I did receive it they asked me a few questions about the email and I read what it said from the picture posted, and they started to process my request. I had my storm for less than 6 months and had no problem with getting this upgrade.

Device
    Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilson79 View Post
    I just called the number that is located on the email, I never received this email, but when I called it and claimed I did receive it they asked me a few questions about the email and I read what it said from the picture posted, and they started to process my request. I had my storm for less than 6 months and had no problem with getting this upgrade.
    Seems to be hit or miss with these people. This is the last email I received from them

Dear ,

Good afternoon, I am truly sorry to learn you are interested in canceling your account. My name is Rachael and it would be my pleasure to assist you with your concern on replacing your phone.

We value your business and hope to continue as your wireless service provider.

I did try to reach you to assist you with your phones' issues, but I was unsuccessful. I did leave you messages on your home and wireless numbers.

I can certainly understand your outlook regarding receiving the same phone. In the past defective handsets covered under warranty were sent back to the manufacturer for repair. This was a very lengthy process and would usually leave you without a phone for up to eight weeks.

In an effort to improve your experience, we revised the replacement program. This new program allows you to receive a handset of the same caliber - because it is the same model phone. This prevents you from being left without a handset for weeks or the need to purchase new accessories.

Mr. Keller, we are not able to switch the your phones for a different make and model. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I have reviewed your account and found you last upgraded on September 24, 2008 for wireless numberxxxxxxxxxand March 15, 2009 for wireless number xxxxxxxxx whereby you accepted two – year Customer Agreements. Our Equipment Upgrade policy requires you to complete a minimum of 20 months in order to qualify for a phone upgrade at a discounted price. You will be eligible to upgrade on or after November 15, 2010 for wireless numberxxxxxxxxxand May 24, 2010 for wireless number xxxxxxxxx.

You can purchase new equipment at full retail price with no extension of your current Customer Agreement and your eligibility to participate in our Equipment Upgrade Program will not be affected. To view currently offered equipment, please click on the following link:

www.verizonwireless.com/products

Please keep in mind that the prices on our website are promotional and the full-retail price will be higher. Mail-in rebate debit cards and instant online discounts do not apply. To view full-retail pricing, please log in to “My Verizon” and do the following:

1. Click on "Upgrade To A New Phone” in the “Quick Links” section on the right side of the page.
    2. Once at the "Upgrade Your Phone" screen, please follow the steps below:

- Choose the wireless telephone number(s) to upgrade.
    - Click "Show Upgrade Discounts."
    - Choose the new handset
    - Choose accessories (if applicable).
    - Preview the order.
    - Checkout (enter shipping and payment information).

Additionally, we also have some great deals on accessories. To view all available accessories, please visit the following link:

www.verizonwireless.com/accessories

You may also obtain pricing and purchase a new phone at full-retail by visiting a local Verizon Wireless store or by calling Customer Service at 800-922-0204. A $20.00 Processing Fee may apply. To obtain a list of stores in your area, please click on the following link:

www.verizonwireless.com/storelocator

For your convenience I have provided the store location nearest to the address on your account.

482 Ohio Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45255

Next, I would be happy to discuss alternatives to closing your wireless account. For example, you could change your calling plan to a plan that would better fit your wireless needs, or you could complete a transfer of service to a party who is willing to accept a minimum one-year customer agreement. If you would like to discuss these options, please respond to this e-mail.

Thank you again for your email regarding the replacing your phones for the Droid. I hope you continue to find the “Contact Us” section of verizonwireless.com a helpful option to resolve any issue you may experience the first time you email us. We appreciate your business and thank you for being a valued Verizon Wireless customer.

Sincerely,

Rachael
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service

Typical canned response. I never asked for a replacement to droid but to pay for the upgrade email promotion. Seems they would rather have me cancel than to stay with them.
    Last edited by gkeller16; 11-13-2009 at 01:44 PM.

PIN
    head
    Device
    8530 Curve/9550 Storm 2
    OS
    337/428
    Quote Originally Posted by zlee67 View Post
    just got the email today, did anyone use the early upgrade with 1 year contract, if so how much was the phone. already have one more year to go and really dont want to lock 2 more years.

The price for a 1 year contract is $100.00 more than the two year contract.
    I was able to upgrade one of my Storms with a one year contract less than a year after I got it on a two year.

Device
    Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoniof3 View Post
    The price for a 1 year contract is $100.00 more than the two year contract.
    I was able to upgrade one of my Storms with a one year contract less than a year after I got it on a two year.
    I see. Thanks for the info. Think I will just keep my s1 till something better comes along in 2010.

PIN
    30FE9B01
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    9550 5.0.0.983 bdhv3
    One year upgrade price is actually $349 and you get the $100 rebate. I know because of some misinformation given to me by the Verizon store resulting in using my upgrade to replace my son's lost phone, they allowed me to upgrade to the Storm 2 at the one year promotional price ($349 and then $100 mail in rebate). I thought that was a good deal and proceeded by now if they are essentially offering all Storm 1 owners the two-year promotional deal, I was overcharged by $70 (I got a Storm 1 on release date in 2008--subsequently had four replacements).

PIN
    308AF9D
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    The only possible way that u may be able to get a S2 is if u have had more than 2 replacements within a 2 month period that was considered a manufactorers defect... At that time u may b upgraded to the S2 and ur orig upgrade date will be pushed back 2yrs. Big red will not charge u for the S2 unless u have a upgrade available to u
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    The rumors are true. I got the email with the upgrade offer this morning and just called and upgraded for $179. They even added the instant rebate so I don't have to mail in the form. Now I just have to wait until Monday! AHHHHH!

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    So what's coming in the mail Nate? S2 or Droid?

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast