Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2? - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2?

1XEV Gary is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    A.S.K.
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.484 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I will dream about this actually happening

jfn0802 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow jfn0802 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm1
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    what is BOGO?

sorry i have been on BBOS for 3 months and have been hearing about it

Sorry i have noob status i just signed up for an account today

quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    It is only a rumor as of right now. We can only speculate on its validity and what type of stips might apply.
    ok, thought u might have some more info on what Big red might b considering. Thanks. The Home page just posted this as rumor and it mentions something along the lines of Storm 1 owners to be able to upgrade to Storm 2 for the 179.99 price, but with a 2 year contract extension. This is kind of wat i'm wondering, 'cause if it's something like extending my contract for another 2yrs then there's no point in me returning the phone 'cause this would result in exactly wat I did. But I know it's all speculations so I'm not holding accountable for that statement.
    A hybrid junkie...due to the one and only... crackman!!

quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jfn0802 View Post
    what is BOGO?

sorry i have been on BBOS for 3 months and have been hearing about it

Sorry i have noob status i just signed up for an account today
    BOGO is not BlackBerry related, it stands for Buy One Get One. Buy any blackberry, get a blackberry of equal or lesser value free, when u add it to another line. They won't just give it to u for free. Verizon also has the same BOGO offer for their regular phones. When I went to pick up my Storm 2 today, the rep told me that I can use the BOGO to get any phone in the store, doesn't have to blackberry.

Welcome to
    Last edited by quiet1; 11-01-2009 at 01:06 AM.
    A hybrid junkie...due to the one and only... crackman!!

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet1 View Post
    ok, thought u might have some more info on what Big red might b considering. Thanks. The Home page just posted this as rumor and it mentions something along the lines of Storm 1 owners to be able to upgrade to Storm 2 for the 179.99 price, but with a 2 year contract extension. This is kind of wat i'm wondering, 'cause if it's something like extending my contract for another 2yrs then there's no point in me returning the phone 'cause this would result in exactly wat I did. But I know it's all speculations so I'm not holding accountable for that statement.
    I wish I could give you more info than what was on the front page. But as of right now that is exactly what we have heard in the rumor mill....

paymentd is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Unfortunately Verizon Wireless is not a non-profit organization and under no circumstance would I see a company decide to give these extremely expensive devices away when they've most likely lost revenue on the first Storm's sales... Not to mention even if a Storm user is still on their first piece of equipment, VZW is just now beginning to break even on cost of subsidizing the handset. The idea that they are going to "give" you a S2 just because you had an S1 is ABSURD.

If you fall for this one, you're likely to be wasting your time.

On the other hand, they are a company striving to retain as many customers as possible and keep churn low after just completing the largest wireless merger in history; I could see them making lenient exceptions to the policy in order to keep high ARPU customers happy. But I'm sure these exceptions are few and far between, so don't start flooding the gates just yet.

Sorry Charlie.
    "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - A. Einstein

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paymentd View Post
    Unfortunately Verizon Wireless is not a non-profit organization and under no circumstance would I see a company decide to give these extremely expensive devices away when they've most likely lost revenue on the first Storm's sales... Not to mention even if a Storm user is still on their first piece of equipment, VZW is just now beginning to break even on cost of subsidizing the handset. The idea that they are going to "give" you a S2 just because you had an S1 is ABSURD.

If you fall for this one, you're likely to be wasting your time.

On the other hand, they are a company striving to retain as many customers as possible and keep churn low after just completing the largest wireless merger in history; I could see them making lenient exceptions to the policy in order to keep high ARPU customers happy. But I'm sure these exceptions are few and far between, so don't start flooding the gates just yet.

Sorry Charlie.
    I dont believe they will give anyone the s2, however I do feel it is feasible for them to offer an early upgrade to current storm owners with a new 2 year agreement. Thus keeping these people locked in for another 2 while still generating income off of the sale of the device. I dont think that it will qual for a rebate so in essence you would be paying 279 plus an additional 2 years. So VZW wins again.

RANDYRKELLY is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow RANDYRKELLY On Twitter
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times
    Wirelessly posted (Stormy 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman
    There's only one way to find out if walking in to your Verizon store and claim it is defective will get you a Storm 2. Do it! Wake up in the morning and give it a shot. What's the worse that can happen? They say no? Either they say no or you walk out with a Storm 2. Let us know how it goes.
    Hey this is what I'm going to do tomorrow. I have had ten replacements and I'm tired of this mess. Need me something better. They sent me a tour and I returned it. The also said I qualify for a brand new storm. What the hell. Lol. Ten replacements and you wanna give me the same phone. Vzw better give me something better when I walk in there. That's all I'm saying.

PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Two days prior to the release of the Storm 2... VZW released 5.0.0.328 for the Storm 1... this happens to be more updated software than that of the software on the Storm 2. They also buried the crap out of the launch of the S2 and didn't launch a commercial until the day before.

One thing Big Red does well... learn from others' mistakes. Apple and AT&T had the same issues with the iPhone 2nd Gen, it launched just a year after the first... remember, ATT had to give $100 discounts to every customer. VZW is trying to avoid the Storm 1 uproar by giving them the same software, and burying the launch.

For all of us, the Storm 2 is a huge thing, but to most smartphone users, they don't even know it's out. Trust me, VZW isn't giving discounts to all Storm 1 subscribers, but I am sure they are definitely looking to keep the upset ones happy in advance.
    "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - A. Einstein

PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRKELLY View Post

Hey this is what I'm going to do tomorrow. I have had ten replacements and I'm tired of this mess. Need me something better. They sent me a tour and I returned it. The also said I qualify for a brand new storm. What the hell. Lol. Ten replacements and you wanna give me the same phone. Vzw better give me something better when I walk in there. That's all I'm saying.
    If you've gone through 10 replacements, I can't imagine them saying no. You're still within the 1yr warranty... although you better be able to replicate your defects or get a nieve rep. G'luck.

PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times

Oh I have been able to show my issues. Starting with screen dust issues, no clicking at the bottom two broken battery charging ports. One bad battery. One dropped in antifreeze. Got new one free Lol my trick. Two burnt my face up. I have ways. I shouldn't get denied.

spm903 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Oh I have been able to show my issues. Starting with screen dust issues, no clicking at the bottom two broken battery charging ports. One bad battery. One dropped in antifreeze. Got new one free Lol my trick. Two burnt my face up. I have ways. I shouldn't get denied.
    hey man if you get your new replacement device let me know bbm me or something as i am tired of this crappy phone. pin: 306475c0

Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I just created a group for everyone to share their stories of success or defeat by big red when they go for the trade. just trying to get barcode to show up in post
    Last edited by spm903; 11-01-2009 at 01:58 AM.

PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by spm903

hey man if you get your new replacement device let me know bbm me or something as i am tired of this crappy phone. pin: 306475c0
    Np. I added you. Bbm when you get my pin. Also. I no that big red doesn't wanna replace anymore storms. Why you say hell everytime they give us a refurb it cost them $400 bucks. Now think about it. Its cheaper to them to just give us a storm 2. What you think?

Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Np. I added you. Bbm when you get my pin. Also. I no that big red doesn't wanna replace anymore storms. Why you say hell everytime they give us a refurb it cost them $400 bucks. Now think about it. Its cheaper to them to just give us a storm 2. What you think?
    well if that the case then they aren't making any money off your contract

cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlyFan View Post
    I find this hard to believe, VERIZON gives nothing away!!!
    Not so.
    Just this past Friday I got myself a free brand spanking new Jawbone Prime.

It's nice to have friends in big red.

As for this trade-in your S1 for an S2 thing... I'm really looking forward to what the out come of this is(thinking very positive thoughts here).

PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by spm903

well if that the case then they aren't making any money off your contract
    Yep. Lost there money on my contract. Lol. On well. Maybe the will give me a storm 2 in the morning.

Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Last edited by spm903; 11-01-2009 at 02:32 AM.

Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    My Photos Photo Gallery - Photo 31 of 31 by steve - MySpace Photos

group for s1 owners trying to trade for s2. post you stories

FuzzieBalzonya is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I would sign a longer contract, especially being on storm #3.
    Running Apps: Tether, QuickLaunch, Addictive Tower Defense, BerryWeather 2.0, BerryBuzz, Druglord Wars, QuickPull, PBA Bowling 2, BuzzOff, eBay, Facebook, BBOS Alert

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast