Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Device
    Any chance we could use this as an opportunity to get an early upgrade to another phone? Such as the Droid?

I had a 10 month contract which doesn't end until January. You guys think they'll let me upgrade to the Droid on the 6th and just renew for another 10 months? (And take advantage of my J&J employee discount?)

PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Quote Originally Posted by iakona724 View Post
    Any chance we could use this as an opportunity to get an early upgrade to another phone? Such as the Droid?

I had a 10 month contract which doesn't end until January. You guys think they'll let me upgrade to the Droid on the 6th and just renew for another 10 months? (And take advantage of my J&J employee discount?)

I do not think you have a chance!!!
    Last edited by jnepsa; 11-04-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by d_1000 View Post
    I am with you also...I think I'll use the money more wisely...say spending it on my wife and kids and doing something together. Isn't that what life is really about? If my S1 actually DOES go bad, I will pursue it.

On another note, I encourage others not to make up a story just to get a new S2 after having an S1. I have been hearing many talking of this. I am a high school teacher and I hear kids talking about lying and scheming every day, just to 'get things'. We need not model such practices here. Remember, popular culture does not determine ethics and morals and neither do politicians!!

We all bought an S1 knowing that a newer model would roll out sometime in the near future, that does not entitle us to the newer one. We certainly do not insist on such a ideal when we purchase a car or new clothes. Why a phone?

Sorry...I hope I don't trip and fall off of my soap box as I step off!

I couldnt agree with you more. As I am someone who wants to pursue the storm2, I don't believe that people should be making up problems with their current phones. I dont think anyone should receive those phones for free because you didnt pay for the storm2 in the first place, you paid for the storm 1. Now I do think there should be special circumstances for people who have actual accuring problems. I'm on storm number and ive been able to replicate every issue ive had with it in store. The option to get a new phone after the 3rd messed up was not given to me. I think I'm entitled to a new phone, but storm number 9 is working great!

Device
    droid
    Quote Originally Posted by mybikeisblack View Post
    I couldnt agree with you more. As I am someone who wants to pursue the storm2, I don't believe that people should be making up problems with their current phones. I dont think anyone should receive those phones for free because you didnt pay for the storm2 in the first place, you paid for the storm 1. Now I do think there should be special circumstances for people who have actual accuring problems. I'm on storm number and ive been able to replicate every issue ive had with it in store. The option to get a new phone after the 3rd messed up was not given to me. I think I'm entitled to a new phone, but storm number 9 is working great!
    You don't think you're time is worth anything having to go back to vzw store 9 friggin times to exchange phones? I'd be extremely po'd!

PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol_pete View Post
    You don't think you're time is worth anything having to go back to vzw store 9 friggin times to exchange phones? I'd be extremely po'd!
    I'm pissed off Obama won the election should I get my gasoline free now or my vacation that I have coming up?

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Even though this whole situation can be really frustrating, I ask kindly that everyone please remain civil and respectful. Thank you.
    Posted via BlackBerry device
    Last edited by olta777; 11-05-2009 at 03:24 AM.

Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol_pete View Post
    I was PO'd, but today, had an issue with my storm1, took it into the store and the rep was stumped that he couldnt fix my phone. He tried for about 30 minutes to get my phone to respond but had no luck. He then looked over my account and told me that they had no storms in stock and that if I wanted a new one that I would have to wait the 3 days for it to arrive. I just looked at him, and then he said "would you like a storm2", I asked if there would be a charge if I did it and he said no. 20 minutes later, I was walking out of there with a storm2. Now if they would have had a storm1 in stock I would have gotten that, but I got lucky. I wouldn't have minded another storm1 but since I was given such a great oppertunity, I went with it.

PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    There will be exceptions but not for the most part!!!

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast