Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

jrcdpm is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30FE9B01
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    9550 5.0.0.983 bdhv3
    I got an early upgrade but only at the 1 year promotion price. I hope they will credit those that bought early.

mallinj is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow mallinj On Twitter
    Device
    Tour 9630

Smile Hmph.

Tour -> Essex offer in the works because of the f'ed up trackballs and 552 errors in the release OS?? I hope.

naillady_1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBC-V10
    I'm not quite seeing how an early upgrade for $279 - $100 rebate, and a contract renewal is a "DEAL"! For almost the identical phone as the one I have! With the new OS .328 my Storm 9530 runs great and does everything I need it to do, and fast! I don't think I'll be rushing in for this "DEAL"! I think I'll wait and read the reviews, and see what else comes out between now and August!

tallon is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    OS
    ok... I just spent some time on the phone with VZW and here is the skinny I got... the rep I talked to said that there is no plan that he knew for VZW to give away early phone upgrades... but... he told me that if the plan on the phone (phone+data pack) was $49.99 or higher that we were eligible for upgrade after 1 year at the two year price of 179.99... so, on the anniversary of the Storm, 11/21/09, which is when I got mine, I can get the Storm 2 for 179.99 or I can wait for my NE2 and get it for 79.99...

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Tallon I hate to burst your bubble but anyone on a plan like that always gets an 'annual upgrade' sorry to be bearer of bad news

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by naillady_1 View Post
    I'm not quite seeing how an early upgrade for $279 - $100 rebate, and a contract renewal is a "DEAL"! For almost the identical phone as the one I have! With the new OS .328 my Storm 9530 runs great and does everything I need it to do, and fast! I don't think I'll be rushing in for this "DEAL"! I think I'll wait and read the reviews, and see what else comes out between now and August!
    My thoughts exactly Shelly

Mustang02 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by tallon View Post
    ok... I just spent some time on the phone with VZW and here is the skinny I got... the rep I talked to said that there is no plan that he knew for VZW to give away early phone upgrades... but... he told me that if the plan on the phone (phone+data pack) was $49.99 or higher that we were eligible for upgrade after 1 year at the two year price of 179.99... so, on the anniversary of the Storm, 11/21/09, which is when I got mine, I can get the Storm 2 for 179.99 or I can wait for my NE2 and get it for 79.99...
    I know I won't be running to get an S2. I went and tried on release day but they said they couldn't do anything even CS said no until my actual 1 year date(12/17/2009). I'll just sit on my S1 and continue to use it as I have for the past 10 months.

d_1000 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ch me
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Willyboy 95xx v2.3
    Quote Originally Posted by naillady_1 View Post
    I am with you also...I think I'll use the money more wisely...say spending it on my wife and kids and doing something together. Isn't that what life is really about? If my S1 actually DOES go bad, I will pursue it.

On another note, I encourage others not to make up a story just to get a new S2 after having an S1. I have been hearing many talking of this. I am a high school teacher and I hear kids talking about lying and scheming every day, just to 'get things'. We need not model such practices here. Remember, popular culture does not determine ethics and morals and neither do politicians!!

We all bought an S1 knowing that a newer model would roll out sometime in the near future, that does not entitle us to the newer one. We certainly do not insist on such a ideal when we purchase a car or new clothes. Why a phone?

Sorry...I hope I don't trip and fall off of my soap box as I step off!

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast