Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2? - Page 19
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2?

Bookers is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bookers On Twitter
    PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I must add and stress that it really depends on the manager you deal with...Some managers hold their position that why should we (BIG RED) lose money YOU SIGNED a contract. When others value you as a customer and take care of you no matter what. I have had both experiences and I must say steer clear of those stores that have narrow minded management! Good Luck the deals are out there. it is being done, but some refuse.
    Last edited by Bookers; 12-14-2009 at 05:39 PM.

MrTruckincowboy is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    head
    Device
    vzw 9530
    OS
    5.0.323 rocking fast !!
    Liked
    0 times
    Well add me to the list to getting a new storm 2 for free.
    I called big red because i have issues with my 2 replacement phone in 3 months.
    And because of what they call the multifru im getting a brand new storm 2 sent to me should be at the house on Tuesday.

So Merry Christmas to me

jon2datymuls is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    It is a harsh world out there. I went in to Red and turned in 2 phones that were having problems and called Verizon CS twice and neither would give me a storm 2. I did however get the person on the phone to let me upgrade my account 4 months early he said he would give me the HTC Imagio for $399.99 with $100 debt card. I laughed and said if i wanted that phone i could just wait 4 months and get the phone for $99 with a with a $100 debt card and $100 promotion credit that they have right now. Sucks to be me i guess :crazy:

Mackone is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Tried it, not true.

freebirds87 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow freebirds87 On Twitter
    PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Don't know if this has already been mentioned or not but in my area (Birmingham, AL) all of the VZW Corporate stores have phased out the Storm 1, they're not on the shelves and I haven't seen any literature mentioning them...

So this might mean that anyone who has insurance and their Storm 1 could probably just backup their info, run the phone over with a truck, take it into the store, pay the deductible, and receive their storm 2. Not suggesting you try this.... just throwing it out there.
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    ======================

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by freebirds87 View Post
    Don't know if this has already been mentioned or not but in my area (Birmingham, AL) all of the VZW Corporate stores have phased out the Storm 1, they're not on the shelves and I haven't seen any literature mentioning them...

So this might mean that anyone who has insurance and their Storm 1 could probably just backup their info, run the phone over with a truck, take it into the store, pay the deductible, and receive their storm 2. Not suggesting you try this.... just throwing it out there.
    No they will have plenty of refurbs, and assuiron will have a bunch too. If their arent new ones there are always refubs

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    I called VZW yesterday because my 2nd replacement phone wasn't charging and the tech support person told me to go to a local store. When I got the the store they gave me another refurb. The rep said that if something happens to this phone I should be able to get a new phone.

How does the factory warranty work? Is it 1 year from the time you bought the phone or do you get a full year on each replacement?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    One year from the time you bought the phone or 3 months on the refurb which ever is greater. Example. If you bough you phone Jan 1st 2009 your one year goes to Jan 1st 2010 but if you got your refurb 12 21 09 you warrenty is until 2 21 2010.
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks jnespa, my 1 year is up in january so hopefully either nothing happens or if it does it is before February.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blachance75 View Post
    Thanks jnespa, my 1 year is up in january so hopefully either nothing happens or if it does it is before February.
    If you get nervous something could always "happen". It will be 3months from whatever day you get the newest refurb

PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah I thought about that, but what could "happen" that won't look like it was intentionally caused or water related.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blachance75 View Post
    Yeah I thought about that, but what could "happen" that won't look like it was intentionally caused or water related.
    You didnt hear this from me but if you are worried about it just say the screen click has been getting worse and worse and the phone has been freezing up alot(make sure to remove your apps before you go to the store).

MrTruckincowboy is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    head
    Device
    vzw 9530
    OS
    5.0.323 rocking fast !!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackone View Post
    Tried it, not true.
    believe me or not but I am getting a new storm 2 as a replacement.
    I talked to the customer service person on the phone and she gave me the option I didn't even have to ask for it.

f-castrillo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow f-castrillo On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTruckincowboy View Post
    believe me or not but I am getting a new storm 2 as a replacement.
    I talked to the customer service person on the phone and she gave me the option I didn't even have to ask for it.
    Was your device busted? How did the conversation go?

PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    Ever since I got this replacement my battery life is horrible. I can't make it through a day without having to charge my phone. Before with all my apps I could go 2 days with light to moderate use. Now with no apps and little to no use I have to charge before the end of the day.

I called CS and they said I have to go into a store and have a tech check it out because they can't troubleshoot a battery issue. I tried to explain that it happened when I got this phone and my 3 previous phones didn't have any issues with battery life, but he didn't want to hear it.

Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    I just received my S2 today. I was on my 4th S1 (and 2nd in the last 30 days) and had been having several issues (screen clicks, calls muting automatically and then dropping), I call VZW on Monday, was extremely polite! CS transferred me to Tech support, when they looked at my history, he gave me the choice of a Tour or S2, with no fees, or contract extensions without me asking for anything, the only complaint I said was it had been frustrating to have a phone that was so great when it worked, but there had been so many problems we shouldn't have had to deal with in the first place. :cool2:
    Crickee

pb4uxplode is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I love all the suggestions of insurance fraud... quite funny...

xpbr2000 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    316A810A
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

I got mine replaced.

I have 2 storm 1. I have full coverage on my phones. i just had a defective phone replaced for the second time from Asurion. The first replacement phone they sent was a refurb which the buttons quit working. they sent another that was new which the screen went black. and they said that they would send a new storm 2 instead bc of the problems i had with the others. it will be here today. ). I hope something happens to my other storm and maybe they will do the same.
    9530 -.75- .148- .191- .230- .323- .328- .328/351- BBC's v10 .328 Base
    9550 5.0.0.320 - .428 - .517 - .607- back to .517, .713
    is my favorite place to be!

turbomr2 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    No Storm 2 for me. I have been to the store before to replace my phone, I am now on my 4th Storm 1 for screen problems. This time I have not had time to go to the store and they have replaced them no problem, they work great for a couple weeks, but the screen slowly starts to loose its clicking ability. When I called VZN CS they did not have any record of me swapping phones out at the store and said all they could offer me was another Storm 1. As long as it works I'm fine with it, I'm just sick of replacing my phone every couple weeks.

joshbenhase is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

might find this funny

purchased my storm last august and it was great! hardware was flawless and OS was ok. upgraded to 5.0 and started to have issues with charging and random black screen yet phone appeared to be on. first cs call was on black screen, tried soft/hard resets and said if problem persists then it will have to be replaced. second cs call was on charging, tried soft/hard resets and said if problem persists it will have to be replaced. so, third time around i called about both issues and once again they said they are gonna try a soft/hard reset and i was like "i already did that a couple days before calling! Is that all you do?!?!" So, without any further ado they sent out a refurb but i was not crazy about it bc the hardware on my current storm was great and i didnt wanna compromise that. what do you know i receive the refurb and didnt understand what was happening when i was typing until two weeks later, i thought it was me. in portrait style the top and bottom middle parts of the screen were sticking and it was driving me nuts! so, once i realized what it was i contacted cs and they put me in touch with tech support, oh was that a call to remember. anyone can be a tech support for verizon, all you need to memorize is the line, "okay, we are gonna try a soft/hard reset of the device." are you kidding me? this was obviously a hardware issue! how is a reset gonna stop from the screen sticking! wow! so, she stated that my only option was to bring it into a store and have them look at it. if you have been to a verizon store with a blackberry hardware issue, youll know what i mean. i told her that all they are gonna do is play around with it in front of you and say "look, it works fine." so, i argued with her and eventually hung up and called 611 and was asked to call a different # for tech support and she said they should be able to replace it. so, i called them and she said she would send out a replacement but she said i had one more option and i had to ask her again to make sure i heard her right. she said "i also have the option of starting a new one year contract and getting the storm for 99.99 after a 100.00 rebate." i was like, your kidding me right? she meant the storm 1 just to make sure you know. well, theres my story, hope ya enjoyed!

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast