Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    I am going to preface this by saying I am happy and simply not being rude... I in no way think the vzw is offering this to everyone it is possible. Now the second half to that is alot of people are asking for proof.. The problem is.. there is no proof... The only thing you get is a shipping slip and i dont think its right to expect someone to take the time to black out all the info on there just to post it here.. This is not something VZW is offering to everyone or to anyone really... Its kinda pot luck. When I called I just needed my S1 replaced becaue of the screen, the rep offered me the S2... I honestly didnt even mention it until she did. I dont want to see us bashing each other over something that is just 'pot luck' And fr me the only proof I can offer you is that I have an S2, and I didnt have to pay full retail.

So do I think this is a 'program' they are offering... NO
    Is it possible Yes..

Anyhow I know you cant hear the tone of my voice but its happy and smiling here... nothing mean or rude meant to be taken away from this

:haha: :laugh2:

MJKneuro is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    9530/ HTC Incredible
    OS
    I just called verizon to sound them out - I'm on my first Storm 1, purchased in February. I really am happy with it with the new OS but wanted to see what they would say. Told them it is frustrating to have a less then optimal device after 15 yrs of patronage when there is better offered. Tired of having to pull the battery to get it to run right. They offered to upgrade early (9 months instead of a year) for 365 with a 100$ mail in rebate. I said that was a bit steep. She left for a bit and came back and said they would give the 2 yr upgrade price of 275 with a 100$ rebate and if I did it online I wouldn't have to mess with the rebate process - just pay 175. Now I am wondering if I want to do it. Really am happy with the way to 9530 is running.......

liljp41 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow liljp41 On Twitter
    PIN
    an assortment of numbers and letters
    Device
    9530 Storm Verizon
    OS
    Newest
    Quote Originally Posted by MJKneuro View Post
    I just called verizon to sound them out - I'm on my first Storm 1, purchased in February. I really am happy with it with the new OS but wanted to see what they would say. Told them it is frustrating to have a less then optimal device after 15 yrs of patronage when there is better offered. Tired of having to pull the battery to get it to run right. They offered to upgrade early (9 months instead of a year) for 365 with a 100$ mail in rebate. I said that was a bit steep. She left for a bit and came back and said they would give the 2 yr upgrade price of 275 with a 100$ rebate and if I did it online I wouldn't have to mess with the rebate process - just pay 175. Now I am wondering if I want to do it. Really am happy with the way to 9530 is running.......
    lol id do it.. lol but then again.. i like to spoil myself when it comes to my phones.. i use it 1090842 times more than nethin else

Antoniof3 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Antoniof3 On Twitter
    PIN
    head
    Device
    8530 Curve/9550 Storm 2
    OS
    337/428
    Quote Originally Posted by MJKneuro View Post
    I'm in the same boat, I got 2 storms in Feb. back in the buy one for $100 get one free and set myself and my wife with one each. Never had any problems with our devices other then the usual leaked OS issues
    My wife's started to act up a few weeks ago (calls would not come thru, screen would not respond) and I went to the store, the CS rep was in a bad mood from a previous client and told me that because she could not duplicate the problem she could not get me a replacement, besides they had no replacements for the storm 1. :irked: I was not about to have any of that BS so I had to ask for the manager and after about 45 minutes of dialog and them trying to duplicate the problem to no avail they offered me the early upgrade on a one year contract.
    Being that I'm looking to move away from the 2 year contracts all together this was perfect, so I walked out with a brand new STROM 2 :laugh2: and loving it.
    Gave the wife my storm 1 and set myself up with the storm 2 (hope she does not see this post)

quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoniof3 View Post
    I'm in the same boat, I got 2 storms in Feb. back in the buy one for $100 get one free and set myself and my wife with one each. Never had any problems with our devices other then the usual leaked OS issues
    My wife's started to act up a few weeks ago (calls would not come thru, screen would not respond) and I went to the store, the CS rep was in a bad mood from a previous client and told me that because she could not duplicate the problem she could not get me a replacement, besides they had no replacements for the storm 1. :irked: I was not about to have any of that BS so I had to ask for the manager and after about 45 minutes of dialog and them trying to duplicate the problem to no avail they offered me the early upgrade on a one year contract.
    Being that I'm looking to move away from the 2 year contracts all together this was perfect, so I walked out with a brand new STROM 2 :laugh2: and loving it.
    Gave the wife my storm 1 and set myself up with the storm 2 (hope she does not see this post)

hahahaha nice...so has she tried out the S2 yet? something tells me she's not going to b too happy with the S1 once she gets a try of the S2

zingo is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    I was told by a rep at the Big Red to hold out for the Christmas promotions and that there will be some nice incentives, especially for the the storm 1 users. I told the rep that the storm was the best phone I ever had and the worst. I got my storm last Christmas Eve and it was crap it spent half think about something that little hand would spin all day. I was patient and performed all the os leaks, and life became more tolerable. I tried the storm 2 today... o yea... I want one. The Big Red should give some concession for all the hype and fanfare pushing RIM to release a beta phone in time for Christmas sale to rival the iPhone. PLAINLY PUT STORM 1 WAS NOT READY FOR MARKET.

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    I'm glad to hear that there may be some incentives for Storm 1 owners. I am eligible for an upgrade, but I like to wait to see what the feedback is on a product before I buy it. I am liking the good things about the Storm 2, just not in a rush to buy it.

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbob2k View Post
    He asked when I purchased my storm, (it was a release model) he told me to wait until the end of november, verizon was going to roll out some sort of special upgrade deal for early adopters of the storm (purchased between launch and jan 09) they hinted that Verizon was primed to bump up our NE2 discount so that we could upgrade to any phone we wanted.

the discussion was around the Droid, so I dont believe its only applicable to the S2
    That would make me cry! I got my Storm in February! I'd really like to be able to ogle the Droid, but I'm afraid to, since my wife gets the next phone upgrade! (She gave me hers to get the Storm in the first place!)

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast