Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2? - Page 18
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2?

Bookers is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bookers On Twitter
    PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Hello ALL!!!! Ive been back to work and not have been on much but I would like to add I just received my 2 storm 2's today in the mail. I have 2 storms since May and have been upgraded to 2 storm 2's for no price and no contract increase.

called a multi-fru....it's like a warranty replacement. go to your nearby vzw and speak nicely to the manager incharge. Good luck.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Thats not true. I got mine in January and I got the email and my S2 will be here tomorrow.
    Wow, i'm starting to believe that i'm the ONLY Storm 1 owner who wasn't offered any sort of early upgrade incentive...... They made me pay FULL retail for my Droid. :irked:

f-castrillo is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow f-castrillo On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    You're not the only one Dave, I haven't received any kind of promo or incentive either lol.

I called my store, and they said they haven't heard of any Storm->Storm2 upgrade, but that if I brought in a flyer that had such a promotion, they would honor it.

My Storm2 cravings just kicked in again, but I'm not about to pay full retail for it lol

apuntsel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by f-castrillo View Post
    You're not the only one Dave, I haven't received any kind of promo or incentive either lol.

I called my store, and they said they haven't heard of any Storm->Storm2 upgrade, but that if I brought in a flyer that had such a promotion, they would honor it.

My Storm2 cravings just kicked in again, but I'm not about to pay full retail for it lol
    Ditto for me as well :irked:
    Theme: bDroidX · Apps: Supra eKey, SmrtGuard, MeterBerry, Google Maps, Berry Weather, CaptureIt, BBFileScout, Visual VoiceMail, Mortgage Payment Calculator, BubbleBurst, StormSlots, Hangman

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    You're not the only for sure Dave. I asked about the early upgrade and they looked at me like I was smoking crack. VZW customer service said they had no idea either and would have to wait until I was eligible for an upgrade.

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Shot me outta the saddle as well...

bgunckel is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 Hybrid v6
    There are quite a few "Verizon" stores here in Albuquerque, but the card that I received in the mail only list a few of them. Since most VZW stores are franchises, they may not be involved in the upgrade deal; rather just those that are official VZW stores.
    Themes: miro 2.0, Earl Grey
    3rd Party Apps: Weatherberry, QuickLaunch, Google Maps, AmAze GPS, Trapster, Meterberry, Opera Mini 5, Facebook, App World, Speedtest, Level, ScoreMobile BB, Pandora, iheartradio

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    I got the flyer in the mail the other day but it is for my wifes line, and she has a Curve not a Storm. She is the primary line not sure if that is why. Her NE2 is in march so I think I'm just going to wait until then and if she still doesn't want a new phone then I will take her discount, my line is due in September so she can have that upgrade.

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by the horses mouth View Post
    First post and new member.....and Beachbunnimoms "friend" (and yes she is real & she is spectacular!).

A bit of clarification on the story (minimal) I didn't physically walk into a V*rizon store...I had an issue with my Storm 1 and was talking with a rep on the phone. I mentioned that I was extremely unhappy with the performance of my Storm & asked if there was anything that he could do to "help me out" with an upgrade to the Storm2. He asked for me to hold on a second as he pulled up my account, I mentioned to him that I was not eligable at this point in time for an upgrade (as I had checked on that with MyV*erizon and the date was sometime off in 2011). He said "thats not a problem, if you got a Storm1 you are eligable for an upgrade to a Storm2" and you can take advantage of a $100.00 rebate.......etc etc. I am not going to get into how much I spent and yes I did have to indenture myself for another 2 years (but what the hell, I am ok with V*rizon and we have numerous lines with them - both personal & biz). Got my Storm2 2 days later via Fed-Ex and I have to tell you that it has been years since I have actually been excited about owning a new phone. The 2 years & x number of dollars that I spent is well worth it.

Thats the long & the short of the story all. I'm not sure if I scored with a cool sales rep or karma was coming my way that morning but I say call them & gently push to see if we can pull one over on the big V (with their veiled threats of up to $175.00 cancellation fees)

Peace out,
    thm
    This is a very interesting and useful bit of information. I hope I can give it a try and have the same sucessful results you did. Thank you for the clarification! and I know it is a little late, but Welcome to ! The best Blackberry Site on the internet!

boogeeman69 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.238 / 415
    It is my understanding that the flyer was a select customer marketing campaign. I bet that anyone told if you have a storm 1 you are eligible for a storm 2 is part of that flagged accounts. I have talked to CS twice and I have 2 Storm 1, 1 at 11 months, 1 at 8 months and neither is eligible for squat aside from my main line yearly which is June of 10. I honestly don't know how some of you are getting these upgrades, but it's sweet that you are!
    They did tell me pretty much all I can do is hope for the flyer as well... lol
    Oh well, I am not paying retail anyways, so hopefully the new Droid whatever they call it will be out by June!

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    wouldn't want an upgrade to storm 2 - we (storm 1 users) are getting OS upgrades much faster )

n2deep is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm1
    OS
    Wouldn't want the S2 either - hate the S1 - so why would I get another phone that I will hate also. Just too many bugs and runs out of memory every day. Why should I have to reboot the phone daily just to use it :aargh4:
    I am waiting for the New Pearl - cause the first one was awesome just couldn't get a "new" one when mine died.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by n2deep View Post
    Wouldn't want the S2 either - hate the S1 - so why would I get another phone that I will hate also. Just too many bugs and runs out of memory every day. Why should I have to reboot the phone daily just to use it :aargh4:
    I am waiting for the New Pearl - cause the first one was awesome just couldn't get a "new" one when mine died.
    Speaking from true experiance the storm 2 is much better than the storm one in every aspect you have named. I dont schedule my phone to reboot ever, only time I do is when I install or uninstall a new app. Never been under 99.6MB free space and that was so low because I had everything going that day. I am running the OS it came with and I didnt shrink, I didnt delete. I only added my 2 themes, 25apps, contacts saved messages and pics to this phone and never have any of the trouble i had with the original with 1/4 of what I have loaded now.

jason.steelman1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jason.steelman1 On Twitter
    PIN
    TO Beans
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Speaking from true experiance the storm 2 is much better than the storm one in every aspect you have named. I dont schedule my phone to reboot ever, only time I do is when I install or uninstall a new app. Never been under 99.6MB free space and that was so low because I had everything going that day. I am running the OS it came with and I didnt shrink, I didnt delete. I only added my 2 themes, 25apps, contacts saved messages and pics to this phone and never have any of the trouble i had with the original with 1/4 of what I have loaded now.
    Amen! I've had ZERO issues with my S2, especially none of the memory/battery/having to reset daily things like I did with my S1. I don't think VZW hyped it up enough honestly. I was on the fence about getting the S2 (ended up getting it for free due to faulty S1's) but I wouldn't think twice now, this thing is awesome, night and day difference to the S1.
    Come on you Gunners!! Up the Arsenal!

Grizzly419 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    3118E4B0
    Device
    OS
    After 3 replacement phones they offered the Storm 2 to me and reset my my 2 year contract. Can i say it was worth the trouble off all the phones i dont know, but i freaking love my new storm no memory issues period, its not randomly deleting stuff off of my phone, the screen works. I am in love with this phone. Its weird i have been installing leaks for so long i feel like i need a leak but truly the phone has been great. 15 apps and 7 themes and i still got 123MBs to play with YEA.

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest

grrrrr :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly419 View Post
    After 3 replacement phones they offered the Storm 2 to me and reset my my 2 year contract. Can i say it was worth the trouble off all the phones i dont know, but i freaking love my new storm no memory issues period, its not randomly deleting stuff off of my phone, the screen works. I am in love with this phone. Its weird i have been installing leaks for so long i feel like i need a leak but truly the phone has been great. 15 apps and 7 themes and i still got 123MBs to play with YEA.

Ok, ok, whenever I get a chance to get (or steal) a s2 I will do, but in the meantime I have to be happy with the s1 - and so far I am

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly419 View Post
    Sounds like you got hozed. After 3 replacements I got a 9550 with no mention of a 2 year anything. Or they must neglected to inform me of it.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Sounds like you got hozed. After 3 replacements I got a 9550 with no mention of a 2 year anything. Or they must neglected to inform me of it.
    I would throw a guess at the later of the 2

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I would throw a guess at the later of the 2
    Hmph.. I wonder... I dare not ask though. I'm amazed they sent me a free s2 in the first place.. I wonder thought did griz use the multi-fru?
    Last edited by rasputin; 12-14-2009 at 03:26 PM.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Hmph.. I wonder... I dare not ask though. I'm amazed they sent me a free s2 in the first place.. I wonder thought did griz use the multi-fru?
    Probably. and probably you too. I bet if you looked you will be out of contract before you are eligable for a new phone

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast