liljp41 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow liljp41 On Twitter
    PIN
    an assortment of numbers and letters
    Device
    9530 Storm Verizon
    OS
    Newest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    So here is my story. While waiting in traffic on my way to work I decided to call and ask (again..4th time) for an upgrade to S2. I told them that I had heard that they were giving all S1 owners the upgrade price. The rep said no they were not but I could early upgrade on Dec. 1st. So I half halfheartedly asked if she could push that up and month. She said hold on and came back and said she would make an exception and move it this time. So there you have it my S2 will be here Thursday. I really believe its who you get and if they will work with your date or not. I was pretty close so I'm sure that factored into it.
    ok ive been tryin to call.. but always run into stuff.. but my question is .. b4 you get a rep.. wuts the process.. like thru the options.. . i mean ive only had my phone replaced twice since i got it back in .. Feb? .. and this is my first BB and i love it.. but i would luv for the upgrade.. 4 a couple of reasons.. my 8 gb is bout to b full .. and these leaky programs been killin me the last couple of days.. and as well as the newer things that come with it.. thanx in advance

and have the rumors bout verizon doing the upgrades publicly died? or everyones just waitin to c. cause now it seems more like.. everyone is rolling the dice on who they get on the phone

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Honestly, though. How many people can honestly say that if VZW doesn't give them a free Storm 2, they'll quit? There would have to be an awful lot of those to make upgrading even a large number of Storms worth it...
    Besides, in terms of functionality, there's not all that much difference that I can tell. I'd rather save up my whining points for when something really different comes down the pipe. For the minor upgrade, it doesn't seem worth the hassle. If Droid is all that people are making it out to be, then I may try to weasel an early upgrade. Finally: how about a little love for the Storm 1, huh? It's come a long way from it's ignominious beginnings!

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    I just press 0000 right away whenever I call. I really do think its a dice roll on who you get.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Quote Originally Posted by B Jorje View Post
    Honestly, though. How many people can honestly say that if VZW doesn't give them a free Storm 2, they'll quit? There would have to be an awful lot of those to make upgrading even a large number of Storms worth it...
    Besides, in terms of functionality, there's not all that much difference that I can tell. I'd rather save up my whining points for when something really different comes down the pipe. For the minor upgrade, it doesn't seem worth the hassle. If Droid is all that people are making it out to be, then I may try to weasel an early upgrade. Finally: how about a little love for the Storm 1, huh? It's come a long way from it's ignominious beginnings!
    I totally couldn't say I would quit without an upgrade because I am happy with the way the S1 is working now. I just called and asked very nicely and not expecting much. The rep pretty much offered the upgrade, I didn't have to push at all. It was kinda strange actually but I couldn't pass on their offer either.

liljp41 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow liljp41 On Twitter
    PIN
    an assortment of numbers and letters
    Device
    9530 Storm Verizon
    OS
    Newest
    thnx for the response..

and umm i kno its not a huge upgrade.. but it is an upgrade.. and plus down the line it easily has more to offer.. cause i dont wanna be stuck wit a storm 1 and start feeling forgotten like 9500 users do.. plus if im gonna be on verizon.. i may as well have the best one i can get wit the droid.. windows phone and all those devices comin out...

so when i get the chance ima dial away .. hopefully ill have some good news to share

mumbles181 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow mumbles181 On Twitter
    Device
    Bold :(
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Folks lets keep this on topic so we dont have to close the thread.. thanks in advance.
    Sorry, Sir. I'm only here for the "Proof"

Miata492 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Miata492 On Twitter
    PIN
    OT NOIR
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRKELLY View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Stormy 4)
    That's what they told me to. ten replacements. Four in 90 days and said I qualify for a brand new Storm not w Storm 2. Bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by tevansny View Post
    agree to a 20 month extension on my contract.
    #6 arrived yesterday and this is a 1st - the BB/menu key does not like to work! wiped and reloaded .328 twice wondering if it was a software issue but it is not. Plus the screen has very little sensitivity (yeah, i also tried changing the screen settings). Right back on the phone with them and they wanted to send #7 which would be a refurb again or I could extend my contract 20 months and they would send me a brand new Storm 1. I said no way to the extension unless they are sending me a Storm 2 - she said she could not do the S2. So I left it open for the moment. I am going to go to a store today and see if I get anywhere. I have been with Verizon about 15 years now and have 5 lines with them (2 of them with data, text, etc.) and have VIP status. 4 out of the 6 Storm's had the same problem with the non-clicking screen, 1 had a bad mic, and now this one with the bad hardware key. In reality, they should set me up with a S2, but I also understand why they may not. Also, as a note, over all my years with VZW I have never had a phone replaced until I got the Storm(s) and that roster includes a Moto V710, Sammy i730, Moto Q & Moto Q9m!

Jbob2k is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Chatting with Verizon reps yesterday at my local store (I was there getting a replacement S1 (dust under the screen and a camera lense defect) and I was told something similar, it prompted me to scour the internet and find out if the info I was given was true or not, it led me to this discussion.

He asked when I purchased my storm, (it was a release model) he told me to wait until the end of november, verizon was going to roll out some sort of special upgrade deal for early adopters of the storm (purchased between launch and jan 09) they hinted that Verizon was primed to bump up our NE2 discount so that we could upgrade to any phone we wanted.

the discussion was around the Droid, so I dont believe its only applicable to the S2

as far as getting a replacement S2 in place of my defective S1, ill have to wait and see, all my local stores are totally out of S1 replacement phones, they are shipping me a replacment from the warehouse, im not getting my hopes up.. but honestly, with the new OS upgrade, the S1 feels allmost identical to the S2, im not sure why anyone would want to upgrade and get locked into a new 2 yr agreement for one.

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast