Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2? - Page 13
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2?

gkeller16 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    Liked
    0 times
    Well tried assurian because my wifes speaker on her storm is messed up and got no where with them. told me insurance doesnt cover malfuction only physical damage or water. so guess i have to dunk it in water to do anything about it.

jason.steelman1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jason.steelman1 On Twitter
    PIN
    TO Beans
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iJax View Post
    After my 4th Verizon Storm 1 They FInally Gave me a Storm 2 and So far I am loving it!!
    Yes, please elaborate on your experience in getting the Storm2 and where you were able to finally get an upgrade. Verizon vs Asurion?
    Come on you Gunners!! Up the Arsenal!

mj2332166 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I just got a storm 2, 179 free shipping coming to my house Friday. I called the number and told them I saw an email floating around about an early upgrade from storm 1 to a droid or storm 2. He said he was gonna check my account. came back said I was eligible for the campaign. I jumped all over that, got an instant rebate and only had to extend my new every two nine months. Let you know when it gets here. I guess if you want an early upgrade just call the num on the flier. I never got the email, just thought what the hell, lets give it a try! and it worked!!!

Miata492 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Miata492 On Twitter
    PIN
    OT NOIR
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    i called asurion and all they could do for me was send me an S1 and i would have to tell them that my current one was damaged, stolen, etc. he suggested i call VZW tech support directly and gave me a direct number to call (866-406-5154). i gave the number a call, went thru the prompts to BB tech support. i got a nice woman on the phone, told her my story (went thru 6 storms and needing #7 already). she put me hold for 5 minutes and then came back and said she was sending me a new Storm2! my S2 will be here on Thursday! she made it clear that i must send back everything that came with my S1 (charger, cable, mem card). of course contract dates are now changed but that is fine! S2 no charge! she emailed me my order number and is sending me my tracking number tomorrow. i am VERY happy now!
    VZW Storm2 9550 5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid

iJax is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Verizon

Had Multiple issues with my Storm 1 and they replaced my phone several times within a few weeks so they gave me an option of a different model and I choose the storm 2.. It is an amazing phone.. I was going to do the droid but heard it is primarily for apps and internet..my email is more important.. plus BBM..
    :haha:

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gkeller16 View Post
    Well tried assurian because my wifes speaker on her storm is messed up and got no where with them. told me insurance doesnt cover malfuction only physical damage or water. so guess i have to dunk it in water to do anything about it.

Or tell them a better story.

jason.steelman1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jason.steelman1 On Twitter
    PIN
    TO Beans
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mj2332166 View Post
    Ok, I just got a storm 2, 179 free shipping coming to my house Friday. I called the number and told them I saw an email floating around about an early upgrade from storm 1 to a droid or storm 2. He said he was gonna check my account. came back said I was eligible for the campaign. I jumped all over that, got an instant rebate and only had to extend my new every two nine months. Let you know when it gets here. I guess if you want an early upgrade just call the num on the flier. I never got the email, just thought what the hell, lets give it a try! and it worked!!!
    I got some email telling me I could upgrade....to OS 5.0.0.328....:aargh4:

Never had a chance to call Asurion today but am dialing them up first thing in the morning to get this taken care of. BTW, my net has been running slow tonight so I didn't check previous pages, can you provide that number you called that was on the fliers sent out to the chosen ones for upgrade to Storm2? I just moved to VZW back in July (7th to be exact) and am already on Storm #3, which is acting funky right from the getgo. One way or another I'm going to get a device I'm satisfied with :22:

naillady_1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBC-V10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.steelman1 View Post
    I got some email telling me I could upgrade....to OS 5.0.0.328....:aargh4:

Never had a chance to call Asurion today but am dialing them up first thing in the morning to get this taken care of. BTW, my net has been running slow tonight so I didn't check previous pages, can you provide that number you called that was on the fliers sent out to the chosen ones for upgrade to Storm2? I just moved to VZW back in July (7th to be exact) and am already on Storm #3, which is acting funky right from the getgo. One way or another I'm going to get a device I'm satisfied with :22:
    Yeah pretty funny! I got that email to "upgrade" my OS today also!

Here's the phone number from the previous page!
    800-437-6132

Good Luck!
    My Favorite Apps.
    AP Mobile News, AppWorld, bbOSalert, BerryBuzz, Poynt, Google Maps, NFL2009, Facebook, PatternLock, QuickLaunch, SimpleWeather, Storm Yahtzee,Yahoo, BBM & VondafoneUpdate

My Favorite Blackberry Site....

naillady_1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    BBC-V10
    Liked
    0 times
    So after reading this thread for the past 10 days or so, I decided to check out my local Verizon Store and do a little hands on research.
    I have to say the Storm 2 is very nice! It seems to be a bit more snappy than my Storm 1. Other than that and the obvious memory advantage of the Storm 2 everything else seems pretty much the same.

I also spent some time playing with the Moto Droid and the HTC Eris. Between the two I'd have to say I really like the look and feel of the Eris! The Moto Droid is just plain ugly and the keyboard was a nightmare! It just seems very klunky to me. The Eris was much more fun to play with and very easy to navigate.

So between the three which one would I choose?? None! I'm sticking with my Storm 1, unless Verizon gives me some kind of sweet deal on the Storm 2. I just can't see paying another $100+ and extending my contract for 2 more years for almost an identical phone. I think I'll sit tight for a few months and see what other new devices are coming down the road for Verizon. Either way I'll be sticking with a Blackberry. They just do what I need. Email and BBM are more important to me than apps and internet.

I guess I should also mention that I still have my original Storm! I've never had any issues with it. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones! I've also been a Verizon customer for over 8 years with 3 lines. I have not received any email for an early upgrade! The only email I've received from Verizon, was to upgrade my OS to .328, and that was today! They are right on top of things!

Just loaded BBC's V10..........I'm a happy camper!
    My Favorite Apps.
    AP Mobile News, AppWorld, bbOSalert, BerryBuzz, Poynt, Google Maps, NFL2009, Facebook, PatternLock, QuickLaunch, SimpleWeather, Storm Yahtzee,Yahoo, BBM & VondafoneUpdate

My Favorite Blackberry Site....

Spector5 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Spector5 On Twitter
    PIN
    HEAD
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    rooted 2.1
    Liked
    1 times
    Received my S2 today from Asurion,and I must say, I am very happy with it! And to clarify for anyone who may have misunderstood my original posting about this whole deal with Asurion, they were in the process of telling me that because of my issues, that they would send me a brand new S1,and I specifically asked if they could give me a device other than the storm 1, because I was done with them all together. Another tip about Asurion,and I don't recommend this to be shady, because it was one of the issues I was having with the S1, but they don't like to hear customers having a phone that gets hot. She kept apologizing about that,and because of it being a heat issue, they automatically replace your device with a brand new device - according to the rep I was with. That's when I jumped in with "well, I don't want another storm - I'm done with them. Can you sub it out with something equivalent to the cost or something?" and the reply was "yes, we can definitely work something out, let me see what we can do," after a brief hold, she came back and asked if I heard of the storm 2, and if I would be willing to try that out. And that was that. So, if you have heat issues,and are insured with them,you probably will get the same deal I did.

causey is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    OOAK's .425 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    today in the Snail Mail, i received a pamphlet from verizon, saying "visit your local verizon wireless communications store." It then listed my local stores, and farther on says..." Dont Wait: Youve been selected for an early upgrade. Get the latest Smartphones - At some of our lowest prices!"

Inside it gives me the option of getting the S2 at 179.99 after 100 MIR, or the droid for 199.99, after 100 MIR. It only applies to my main line (mine), still waiting to see if my wife gets the option as well for her line.

Last edited by causey; 11-10-2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Added photos
    Fallen, broken. Simply dissolved into an incomplete thought.
    An empty shell, cracked, and disfigured. With no remorse,
    I have been blinded by the darkness. With no disdain,
    I have received my punishment. And with no haste, I await them.

boogeeman69 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.238 / 415
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by naillady_1 View Post
    I guess I should also mention that I still have my original Storm! I've never had any issues with it. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones! )

Just loaded BBC's V10..........I'm a happy camper!
    I am like you naillady, On my first unit since March. My wife broke her charger port and got a refurb. The refurb is brighter and clicks way better than mine, but I am not unhappy with it. Like you, I decided that I will stick my S1 before I pay more than $100 for an upgrade.
    The Passion will very likely make me rethink that, but then again, I won't pay more than a hundred as I am very happy with my S1 on 328/344.

I should check out V10 since I assume the email issue was solved..

2thlaser is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Supposedly I am to receive my new Storm replacement today...I will let you know what they sent me...S2 or S1...

mungo is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for posting that info. I had received that flier, but didn't see the "You're eligible for a early upgrade" part.

I just got off the phone with Verizon and they are shipping the Storm 2 out today.

cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Liked
    0 times
    Just like most of you, I've yet to receive an email or pamphlet stating that I'm "Special", and have been chosen for an early upgrade.
    The only thing that I've gotten thus far was the email to upgrade my OS to 5.0.0.328 (talk about being on top of their game ).

Been with VZW since it's conception, and also have "VIP" status (which actually helps in some instances... i.e. it got me a free JB Prime ).

But in all actuality, I'm kind of on the fence about upgrading. I Got the S1 on it's release, and I'm on my second S1. Everything seems to be working o.k., with the exception of my S1 heating up occasionally while in use (not hot enough for smores, but hot enough to get noticed right away).

I've played around with both the S2 and the Droid. Both seem to have their share of pros and con's. But the last thing that I want to do is get one of these two phones, then later down the road I see the one phone that I truly wanted. Then I'm stuck.:irked:

Pending on weather my overheating issue becomes a major problem.... I think I may just hold off for a little (unless I can get get an S2 or Droid replacement for free).

marckatz is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30656A93
    Device
    Sorm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Just got off the phone with Verizon. Have the Storm since it's release and currently on my 3rd one. Was questioning them about the email and snail mail notification. Rep I spoke with said it was sent to a select group of people, but couldn't be more specific in how one is chosen. She checked my account and said I haven't been sent anything yet BUT will be eligible on November 24. Not sure how I meet the criteria in 13 days, but will mull over the offer until then.

amv1017 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    G Pong
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    669 hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got off the tel with verizon and the lady told me that you have to have a plan of $59.99 or higher and have the storm 1 for a yr....who knows....lol

PIN
    TO Beans
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spector5 View Post
    Sorry, but it was Asurion - after 3 replacement refurbs,actually 2 refurbs and 1 new, that was the end result from Asurion. They are sending me a brand new storm 2. Here is my confirmation email:

Dear AARON S*****Z
    Thank you for contacting Asurion and filing your claim with us. Our mission is to help you reconnect with your world quickly, easily, and at a cost far less than paying full price for a new device!
    For your convenience, simply click on the links to the right to obtain all the information you will need as you move forward with your claims process. You should also receive a separate shipment tracking e-mail within the next 12 hours*.
    Thanks for letting us serve you!
    *Except weekends and holidays
    Track Your Claim
    Activation Instructions
    Returning Old Devices
    FAQs
    General Policy Info.
    CLAIM SUMMARY
    Name AARON S*****Z
    Claim ID Number 6*****2
    Claimed Equipment Research In Motion (RIM) STORM Standard
    Replacement Equipment Research In Motion (RIM) STORM2
    Date Claim Filed 11/1/2009
    SHIPPING SUMMARY
    Shipping Address 406 N Howell -6208
    Shipping Method Next Day
    Expected Delivery Date 11/10/2009
    FEES SUMMARY
    Deductible Amount $0.00
    Shipping Fee $0.00
    Payment Type CRE
    Total Payment $0
    Payment Confirmation Number
    Please Note: This is an auto-generated e-mail that is unable to receive replies. Contact Us
    This email was sent by: Asurion Insurance Services, Inc.
    648 Grassmere Park Drive, Suite 300 Nashville, TN, 37211, USA
    Privacy Policy
    Spector5, could I get your permission to copy what you posted above (the email) in an effort to prove to the rep I spoke with at Asurion that an equivilent/like device CAN be substituted in the event of numerous faulty Storms? I called and was on with them for about an hour yesterday and the rep agreed to send me a NEW Storm1, but I expressed to her my frustration with already being on my 3rd Storm in right at 4 month, etc, even asking if there were ANYTHING remotely close that I could possibly try, I didn't care what it was. She insisted, after mentioning the Storm2 was the closest device and had just been released, that they could not issue a replacement device other than what was being replaced, unless their stock had been depleted.

Anyway I faxed in my claim this morning as I've had this one for just over a week (another refurb from VZW) and it's already cutting off on me randomly, getting alot warmer than it should be (almost hot to the touch if I don't have the case over it), but I really think she had no idea that she could even suggest it.

I'd like to show her that my 'friend' received a replacement device other than the one he was filing the claim on if that's okay by you, and I will **** out anything you'd like me to on there if so.

Thanks in advance, hope to hear back from you soon this morning as they should be calling/emailing me shortly to confirm my faxed in claim this morning.

Update: I got my email from them, asking for my deductible amount and method of payment so they may ship me my new Storm 1. So I suppose despite my protests to the contrary yesterday, she really just didn't give a rip what I said about being fed up with having to replace my storm every few weeks it seems. And two....I just cant figure out how they determine who gets what, etc, (for FREE even) when I know I was as pleasant to her as I could have possibly been. Ugh....I suppose at the moment I'm just going to deal with a faulty Storm1 until it either dies completely or something else, I'm not paying nearly $100 bucks for another identical device to the one I've replaced for the 4th time now. (sorry, I'm frustrated w/Asurion at this point).
    Last edited by jason.steelman1; 11-12-2009 at 07:55 AM.

2thlaser is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, so I got the new Storm from Verizon, the replacement. It is a Storm1 not a Storm2, as the rep said it would be. Just a follow up as promised. I am a bit bummed, but the new phone seems to be working fine. Although the memory issues are still there.

One question, I have Weatherbug Elite installed, but can't find my authorization number, even on the old phone, as it must've been erased in the transfer of data...anyone know how to recover it?

Thanks,
    Mark

PIN
    TO Beans
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thlaser View Post
    Ok, so I got the new Storm from Verizon, the replacement. It is a Storm1 not a Storm2, as the rep said it would be. Just a follow up as promised. I am a bit bummed, but the new phone seems to be working fine. Although the memory issues are still there.

One question, I have Weatherbug Elite installed, but can't find my authorization number, even on the old phone, as it must've been erased in the transfer of data...anyone know how to recover it?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Did you purchase WB Elite through AppWorld? If so, redownload AppWorld to your new device, then login to 'My Appworld' in the application. It's a menu option on the main screen of Appworld on your Storm. Login and it will reconcile your applications, free & purchased, and you should be able to reinstall it. Not sure if WB uses your PIN too, if so you'll probably have to update your PIN with their site as well.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast