Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Miata492 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Miata492 On Twitter
    PIN
    OT NOIR
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607 A_E_hybrid
    my 4th storm started to lose it's click at the bottom of the screen again (why im on my 4th...) so they sent me my 5th (which arrived the day the S2 came out) and that screen was worse than the one I was replacing! so I call again, acting like I didnt know about the S2 and when they told me not to activate #5 because they were sending #6. So I asked if they could offer me a different phone and the rep told me that I "didnt have enough replacements within a certain time frame" and then he told me "you had to have 3 replaced within 90 days". He then said if #6 was not good they would give me a Tour and I said that is not a touchscreen phone - I want a comparable phone. He said the S2 came out today but he "could not tell me I would be able to get that, because it just came out today but once again, if the replacement that is on the way is no good, you never know"...
    Something tells me #6 may just be bad as soon as the box is opened...

beachbunnimom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    wheel
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    who can keep up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman View Post
    I can vouch for that as well :-p
    I'm blushing! :01:

RANDYRKELLY is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow RANDYRKELLY On Twitter
    PIN
    Not Requir
    Device
    Incredible
    OS
    Android
    Wirelessly posted (Stormy 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Miata492
    my 4th storm started to lose it's click at the bottom of the screen again (why im on my 4th...) so they sent me my 5th (which arrived the day the S2 came out) and that screen was worse than the one I was replacing! so I call again, acting like I didnt know about the S2 and when they told me not to activate #5 because they were sending #6. So I asked if they could offer me a different phone and the rep told me that I "didnt have enough replacements within a certain time frame" and then he told me "you had to have 3 replaced within 90 days". He then said if #6 was not good they would give me a Tour and I said that is not a touchscreen phone - I want a comparable phone. He said the S2 came out today but he "could not tell me I would be able to get that, because it just came out today but once again, if the replacement that is on the way is no good, you never know"...
    Something tells me #6 may just be bad as soon as the box is opened...
    That's what they told me to. ten replacements. Four in 90 days and said I qualify for a brand new Storm not w Storm 2. Bummer.

mybikeisblack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mybikeisblack On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    It would be nice to see Verizon do something about this. I'm currently on my 9th Storm in the last 6 months. The last 4 of them are with in a month. I have no problem keeping the same storm but I see no reason in getting refurbished phones everytime. They are just phones someone else had a problem with.

givmedew is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow givmedew On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the donky
    Device
    Moto Droid, 9530 and 8230
    OS
    Android 2.0, v10 Hybrid, and 5.0 leak for pearl
    Quote Originally Posted by oodinero View Post
    i 2nd that. as a shareholder i would be appalled that they would give it away for free. but as a s1 owner, i would be more than thrilled. a catch 22 if you will.
    A share holder in Verizon maybe but Verizon Wireless hasn't gone public as far as I know its Vz and Voda.

Either way it is funny to see just about every complain about something about this rumor. Either it sucks that it is avail or it should have been sooner or blah blah.

If it comes out and you are eligible then be happy. If you jumped the gun and bought something before this deal came out then don't be upset because the earlybird gets the kick in the face.

If VZW is doing this its not like they are waiting to upset people. They would be doing it in response to upset s1 owners trying to get s2 so how would they do it before hand if it is in respone to... I guess you are expecting them to read everyones minds first and when I say everyone I mean VZWs financial dept as well. As far as working out some huge hit like that a lot of rules ang guidelines would have to be set forward and all the reps would have to be trained on it.

Everyone needs to calm down VZW is a good carrier and they do better things for their customers than other companies do... Just look in the sprint forums... sprint users just think all that is the way things are supposed to be. Verizon does a very good job to their business. Obviously or they wouldn't be profitable.

rexrcr is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbunnimom View Post
    So, a friend of mine went to Verizon today and they replaced his Storm with a Storm 2. I don't have all the details yet, but he said they will upgrade any Storm, but not making it public. I'm not sure yet why he had it replaced in the 1st place, or if they charged him. I'll update when I get that info.

Anyone know anything about this??!

UPDATE:
    If you check out post #83, you can see the actual recount from my friend, "The Horses Mouth"!!!
    Can you get more details? I bought my S2 outright for 539 and would rather just turn my S1 in and get the upgrade. Thanks.

bgunckel is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148 Hybrid v6
    Quote Originally Posted by painlessone View Post
    I had a similar conversation this afternoon at a Verizon store with the manager. I was only looking at the Storm 2 checking out the "feel" of the screen and the WiFi etc. I told him I actually liked the Storm 1 and he said "wait until the end of November and I think you will be pleased with Verizon's announcement"
    I'll wait patiently for this, and hope it's true!

quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Quote Originally Posted by rexrcr View Post
    Can you get more details? I bought my S2 outright for 539 and would rather just turn my S1 in and get the upgrade. Thanks.
    Well can't u return the phone, wait till the end of november to see what Verizon is going to do. If u Verizon doesn't do anything, u can just go back and buy retail again, but if they do accommodate the S1 owners then u'll b happy. The only money u would lose is the restocking fee which is $15.
    Last edited by quiet1; 11-02-2009 at 08:55 AM.

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast