Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2? - Page 11
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2?

saso07 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    Just ask plz :)
    Device
    Blackberry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spector5 View Post
    I don't know if this matters to anyone else, but I had 3 storms over a course of a year. I have the TEP plan with Asurion for the 6 bucks a month - well worth it, especially for Storm owners...lol. Anyway, I recently got a replacement with them,a brand new storm - and had issues right off the bat with it. software related, battery door didn't close right, froze up a lot...etc. So, I figured I would go to Verizon and see what they could do instead of going thru Asurion,and waiting for yet another replacement. The CSR had no answers for me on my issues,and because they weren't an official store,just an outlet - they couldn't replace it. He gave me a number to call and see if they could help. No luck with that lead - they told me that it was out of Asurions inventory,and they would have to replace it...ugh.
    So, I call Asurion,explain my whole situation again,and they said they were going to send me yet another brand new storm replacement. I stopped her right there and asked if it were possible to change devices, because I was thru with the storm and all the issues I've had with each. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes,and comes back and asks," have you heard about the storm2?" Naturally, I played dumb,and said - "yeah, I think I saw the commercial on TV" ...LOL. She said that because of the issues with the storm1 and my frustration, they could sub it out with the storm2 if I wanted. Of course I said yes...lol.
    So, my point is, if you're phone is insured with Asurion,and you're having issues with it,give it a try - they're pretty understanding,and cool people too! Hey, I got a brand new storm 2 coming tuesday - free of charge!
    Whats the number for asurion?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I don't know if this matters to anyone else, but I had 3 storms over a course of a year. I have the TEP plan with Asurion for the 6 bucks a month - well worth it, especially for Storm owners...lol. Anyway, I recently got a replacement with them,a brand new storm - and had issues right off the bat with it. software related, battery door didn't close right, froze up a lot...etc. So, I figured I would go to Verizon and see what they could do instead of going thru Asurion,and waiting for yet another replacement. The CSR had no answers for me on my issues,and because they weren't an official store,just an outlet - they couldn't replace it. He gave me a number to call and see if they could help. No luck with that lead - they told me that it was out of Asurions inventory,and they would have to replace it...ugh.
    So, I call Asurion,explain my whole situation again,and they said they were going to send me yet another brand new storm replacement. I stopped her right there and asked if it were possible to change devices, because I was thru with the storm and all the issues I've had with each. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes,and comes back and asks," have you heard about the storm2?" Naturally, I played dumb,and said - "yeah, I think I saw the commercial on TV" ...LOL. She said that because of the issues with the storm1 and my frustration, they could sub it out with the storm2 if I wanted. Of course I said yes...lol.
    So, my point is, if you're phone is insured with Asurion,and you're having issues with it,give it a try - they're pretty understanding,and cool people too! Hey, I got a brand new storm 2 coming tuesday - free of charge!
    unless you are paying the deductible to get the phones Asurion only issues refurbs and has no power to ship you one phone over another.. you were more than likely talking to vzw

Loooney2ns is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by C6StingRay View Post
    the letstalk.com offer is intriguing....$89 to upgrade to a Storm2 for existing Verizon customers....must agree to 2 year extension....they'll even give you $112 to trade in your Storm, so you actually make $22 on the deal...

has anyone ever gone thru these guys? is this for real? not sure I really want to extend for another 2 years, and really interested in taking a look at the droid, but this is a pretty sweet deal....much better than the so called "deal" Verizon is supposedly going to make to Storm owners...
    That's a sweet deal! I have been lucky. I'm still on my original Storm. My 1 year upgrade is in January. The only thing I am looking forward to is WiFi. Other than that, I love my Storm 1.

tallon is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Loooney2ns View Post
    That's a sweet deal! I have been lucky. I'm still on my original Storm. My 1 year upgrade is in January. The only thing I am looking forward to is WiFi. Other than that, I love my Storm 1.
    if you try to check out they pop up a screen that has a list of conditions you must meet for the $89.99 price and one of them is that you must be 22 months into a 2 year contract... in other words you must qualify for NE2 just like buying it from VZW...

montenegro is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    this is not true ive al ready tried it an they wouldnt do it...maybe it was just that location but they didnt allow me to upgrade it.....so yea it didnt work...sucks...

Mikeja1540 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    3049B209
    Device
    Strom 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I went today with my Storm 1 and didnt get a storm 2

frielfanatic is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow frielfanatic On Twitter
    PIN
    pin:333BC5
    Device
    z10
    OS
    Carrier
    verizon
    Liked
    0 times
    Just got an email from Verizon offering early upgrade discount for Storm2 and Droid. I've only had the storm for 6 months. Did anyone else get the email?
    Posted via mobile device

Spector5 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Spector5 On Twitter
    PIN
    HEAD
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    rooted 2.1
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    unless you are paying the deductible to get the phones Asurion only issues refurbs and has no power to ship you one phone over another.. you were more than likely talking to vzw
    Sorry, but it was Asurion - after 3 replacement refurbs,actually 2 refurbs and 1 new, that was the end result from Asurion. They are sending me a brand new storm 2. Here is my confirmation email:

Dear AARON S*****Z
    Thank you for contacting Asurion and filing your claim with us. Our mission is to help you reconnect with your world quickly, easily, and at a cost far less than paying full price for a new device!
    For your convenience, simply click on the links to the right to obtain all the information you will need as you move forward with your claims process. You should also receive a separate shipment tracking e-mail within the next 12 hours*.
    Thanks for letting us serve you!
    *Except weekends and holidays
    Track Your Claim
    Activation Instructions
    Returning Old Devices
    FAQs
    General Policy Info.
    CLAIM SUMMARY
    Name AARON S*****Z
    Claim ID Number 6*****2
    Claimed Equipment Research In Motion (RIM) STORM Standard
    Replacement Equipment Research In Motion (RIM) STORM2
    Date Claim Filed 11/1/2009
    SHIPPING SUMMARY
    Shipping Address 406 N Howell -6208
    Shipping Method Next Day
    Expected Delivery Date 11/10/2009
    FEES SUMMARY
    Deductible Amount $0.00
    Shipping Fee $0.00
    Payment Type CRE
    Total Payment $0
    Payment Confirmation Number
    Please Note: This is an auto-generated e-mail that is unable to receive replies. Contact Us
    This email was sent by: Asurion Insurance Services, Inc.
    648 Grassmere Park Drive, Suite 300 Nashville, TN, 37211, USA
    Privacy Policy

PIN
    HEAD
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    rooted 2.1
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saso07 View Post
    Whats the number for asurion?
    Asurion ? Your Technology Protection Company

And these are the numbers from Asurion's site:

Please call the toll free number below specific to your wireless carrier.
    Alltel Wireless
    1-888-723-3360 AT&T
    1-888-562-8662
    Cellular One - San Luis Obispo
    1-866-240-6668
    Cellular One- Mobile Guard
    1-866-281-0858
    Centennial Wireless
    1-800-600-3634
    Centennial Wireless - Puerto Rico
    1-800-779-1568
    Claro
    1-877-359-4263
    Clearwire
    1-866-419-5477
    Comcast
    1-877-262-4390
    Edge Wireless
    1-866-207-5049
    MetroPCS
    1-866-862-3397
    Palm
    1-800-881-7256
    Qwest Wireless
    1-877-943-844
    Rural Cellular
    1-888-216-4393
    Sprint
    1-800-584-3666
    T-Mobile
    1-866-268-7221
    Telus
    1-866-281-4537
    Time Warner
    1-866-280-8336
    Verizon Wireless
    1-888-881-2622

Mustang02 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frielfanatic View Post
    Just got an email from Verizon offering early upgrade discount for Storm2 and Droid. I've only had the storm for 6 months. Did anyone else get the email?
    Posted via mobile device
    No but Others on CB have. Where's my email VZW???

PIN
    Device
    z10
    OS
    Carrier
    verizon
    Liked
    0 times
    Said 179 for storm 2, 199 for storm 1. I was just at the store earlier today and they wouldn't do anything. Received the email a half hour after I left VZW.

C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by frielfanatic View Post
    Posted via mobile device
    did you get this email sent to your Blackberry or some other registered email?....

still holding out hope here....:aargh4:

PIN
    Device
    z10
    OS
    Carrier
    verizon
    Liked
    0 times
    They sent it to my email I use to register at myverizon

C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks! would love to get the same upgrade offer....I'd like to try out the droid....

went by VZW last Friday and didn't have any luck either......may have to try again and hope for an email....

you going to upgrade to something?
    Last edited by C6StingRay; 11-09-2009 at 08:24 PM.

jason.steelman1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jason.steelman1 On Twitter
    PIN
    TO Beans
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks so much for posting this! I am now on my 3rd Storm since I switched to Verizon in July, and am getting frustrated with having to reprogram, move all my apps, contacts, etc every few weeks, but have ONLY been calling Verizon as well. I pay the monthly charge for Asurion insurance, and will most definitely be calling them first thing in the morning to inquire about a possible 'device switch' while playing ignorant of the Storm2's existance. Hopefully this will remedy my issue and get may a Storm2 in the process. Again thanks for the post.
    Last edited by jason.steelman1; 11-12-2009 at 07:07 AM.
    Come on you Gunners!! Up the Arsenal!

PIN
    HEAD
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    rooted 2.1
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.steelman1 View Post
    +1 Thanks so much for posting this! I am now on my 3rd Storm since I switched to Verizon in July, and am getting frustrated with having to reprogram, move all my apps, contacts, etc every few weeks, but have ONLY been calling Verizon as well. I pay the monthly charge for Asurion insurance, and will most definitely be calling them first thing in the morning to inquire about a possible 'device switch' while playing ignorant of the Storm2's existance. Hopefully this will remedy my issue and get me a Storm2 in the process. Again thanks for the post.
    No problem. They were very understanding of my frustration,and wanted to do everything they could to keep me happy. I must say, they succeeded. Good luck, and keep us posted on your outcome!

jason.steelman1 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jason.steelman1 On Twitter
    PIN
    TO Beans
    Device
    Storm 2 - 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    No problem. They were very understanding of my frustration,and wanted to do everything they could to keep me happy. I must say, they succeeded. Good luck, and keep us posted on your outcome!
    Will do S5. I can't believe I didn't even think to call them myself, considering that was the only reason I agreed to take the Asurion coverage, but I somehow let a VZW phone rep convince me to call them only when I was having Storm issues. I'll be calling them today AND picking up my copy of Modern Warfare 2 for PS3. Gonna be a good day!
    Come on you Gunners!! Up the Arsenal!

RICKING is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    3163FD58
    Device
    curve 8520
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Storm2 free upgrade

WHY ARE YOU STILL POSTING THIS STORY FROM OCT??? ANY NEW NEWS ON THIS!!!
    RICHARD "CRACKBERRY" KING

oodinero is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Liked
    0 times
    does the email allow you to upgrade now?

cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RICKING View Post
    WHY ARE YOU STILL POSTING THIS STORY FROM OCT??? ANY NEW NEWS ON THIS!!!

I'm as shocked as you that this story/thread won't die mfg: Perhaps we'll all get a visit from the Storm2 upgrade fairy within the next few weeks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast