Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

dustin4863 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    304ceb10
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    who knows
    so what is the truth?? anyone! anyone! bueller? bueller?

headstrong56003 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    307D9B69
    Device
    STORM
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbunnimom View Post
    So, a friend of mine went to Verizon today and they replaced his Storm with a Storm 2. I don't have all the details yet, but he said they will upgrade any Storm, but not making it public. I'm not sure yet why he had it replaced in the 1st place, or if they charged him. I'll update when I get that info.

Anyone know anything about this??!
    not true at all. there may have been something else going on with his phone, like maybe multiple replacements within a certain amount of time, but verizon would not upgrade all s1 to s2. not gonna happen

the horses mouth is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 2
    First post and new member.....and Beachbunnimoms "friend" (and yes she is real & she is spectacular!).

A bit of clarification on the story (minimal) I didn't physically walk into a V*rizon store...I had an issue with my Storm 1 and was talking with a rep on the phone. I mentioned that I was extremely unhappy with the performance of my Storm & asked if there was anything that he could do to "help me out" with an upgrade to the Storm2. He asked for me to hold on a second as he pulled up my account, I mentioned to him that I was not eligable at this point in time for an upgrade (as I had checked on that with MyV*erizon and the date was sometime off in 2011). He said "thats not a problem, if you got a Storm1 you are eligable for an upgrade to a Storm2" and you can take advantage of a $100.00 rebate.......etc etc. I am not going to get into how much I spent and yes I did have to indenture myself for another 2 years (but what the hell, I am ok with V*rizon and we have numerous lines with them - both personal & biz). Got my Storm2 2 days later via Fed-Ex and I have to tell you that it has been years since I have actually been excited about owning a new phone. The 2 years & x number of dollars that I spent is well worth it.

Thats the long & the short of the story all. I'm not sure if I scored with a cool sales rep or karma was coming my way that morning but I say call them & gently push to see if we can pull one over on the big V (with their veiled threats of up to $175.00 cancellation fees)

Peace out,
    thm

dustin4863 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    304ceb10
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by the horses mouth View Post
    First post and new member.....and Beachbunnimoms "friend" (and yes she is real & she is spectacular!).

A bit of clarification on the story (minimal) I didn't physically walk into a V*rizon store...I had an issue with my Storm 1 and was talking with a rep on the phone. I mentioned that I was extremely unhappy with the performance of my Storm & asked if there was anything that he could do to "help me out" with an upgrade to the Storm2. He asked for me to hold on a second as he pulled up my account, I mentioned to him that I was not eligable at this point in time for an upgrade (as I had checked on that with MyV*erizon and the date was sometime off in 2011). He said "thats not a problem, if you got a Storm1 you are eligable for an upgrade to a Storm2" and you can take advantage of a $100.00 rebate.......etc etc. I am not going to get into how much I spent and yes I did have to indenture myself for another 2 years (but what the hell, I am ok with V*rizon and we have numerous lines with them - both personal & biz). Got my Storm2 2 days later via Fed-Ex and I have to tell you that it has been years since I have actually been excited about owning a new phone. The 2 years & x number of dollars that I spent is well worth it.

Thats the long & the short of the story all. I'm not sure if I scored with a cool sales rep or karma was coming my way that morning but I say call them & gently push to see if we can pull one over on the big V (with their veiled threats of up to $175.00 cancellation fees)

Peace out,
    thm
    thank you thm very nice i will try

beachbunnimom is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    wheel
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    who can keep up...

Peace out,
    thm
    Ahhhh, THANK YOU!!!! XOXO :07:

So, all you disbelievers, this is the "friend" I was talking about. I'd say this experience, combined with the ominous sales reps, "wait for 2 more weeks" reports from a couple people seals the deal! For me, at least! :banana:

xkwwwx is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    dammoni-uhhhhm
    Device
    Verizon 9530/Droid
    OS
    Lyricidal .238/296 Hybrid/android 2.0
    Wirelessly posted (9530)

Quote Originally Posted by beachbunnimom
    So, a friend of mine went to Verizon today and they replaced his Storm with a Storm 2. I don't have all the details yet, but he said they will upgrade any Storm, but not making it public. I'm not sure yet why he had it replaced in the 1st place, or if they charged him. I'll update when I get that info.

Anyone know anything about this??!

UPDATE:
    If you check out post #83, you can see the actual recount from my friend, "The Horses Mouth"!!!
    Nope didn't work for me.

cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS

Peace out,
    thm
    I'm a bit curious as to why you won't say what you paid for it.....

riahon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    307DFF4B
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    going back to what the front page said about a rep talking someone out of spending the full amount being unheard of. if you buy the phone at full retail price then the rep doesn't make ANYTHING on the sale
    I went to a VZW store, the day of the Storm2 release. I had every intention of paying full price for a S2. They repeated several times that S1 with the new OS was comparable to the S2 and that I should wait for my upgrade, instead of paying full price. So.....here I sit waiting to see what is going to happen.

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast