Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I mean, these phones still retail for well over $500, right? It just seems unlikely in the extreme that Verizon would just give them away when all the customers receiving them are already currently locked into agreements. As it stands, while I might be willing to take a Storm 2 if it were free, if I have to pay anything for it I'm gonna wait and see how the Droid pans out. Now if they offered Storm 1 users early upgrade pricing on ANY phone, THEN they'd have me for sure. I'd love to be able to freely compare the Storm 2 and all the new phones coming out.

Buzzdar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    i know if this happens i am gonna be pissed i had so many problems with the 2 storms that i bought and was had no choice to get rid of them and ended up going back to a curve and a tour at full price. just to be able to have working phones. this is not right.

cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbunnimom View Post
    Whoah! Started a firestorm here huh? Lol! Get it?? Storm?!

So, my friend said he paid less than $100 for the upgrade. I still didn't get exact details, but I'll send him the thread so he can chime in. Oh, and he did say he used a rebate.

Woo Hoo! Going to Verizon today!!
    Yes my dear, you've started one heck of a ruckus!!!

Looking forward to what your "friend" has to say about this whole endeavor.

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    they have already discontinued the storm 1, they are just now depleting the stock of it.

haha shouldn't take them that long to get rid of all storm 1's then :crazy:

firedude411 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS

Big Red or RIM?

Hello. This is my first registration and reply, however I have been lurking here for a while. I must thank everyone for great information and the leaks I have found tremendous. On this topic, I was wondering. Maybe it is not Big Red but RIM trying to appease Big Red and get people locked in to a new storm2. Droid is comming and that could really hurt RIM. They could be offering Big Red something for every Storm 1 they bring them. Any thoughts?

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by firedude411 View Post
    Hello. This is my first registration and reply, however I have been lurking here for a while. I must thank everyone for great information and the leaks I have found tremendous. On this topic, I was wondering. Maybe it is not Big Red but RIM trying to appease Big Red and get people locked in to a new storm2. Droid is comming and that could really hurt RIM. They could be offering Big Red something for every Storm 1 they bring them. Any thoughts?
    Welcome to ! That would be highly unlikely.Welcome to !

yamaberry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    YATA!!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    v10 Hybrid

My attempt!

So I went and tried to get a storm 2 as a replacement for my storm 1, as I am having an issue after the upgraded software. I know I could reinstall and fix the problem but needed an excuse for exchange.
    Anyway the girl told me she could replace it under warranty with another storm 1 or I could upgrade to the storm 2 for the going price. She also said if she was me she would wait a week or two and then make my decision. She was trying to tell me something, without telling me anything. She was very convincing. So i'll hold off. Verizon is up to something, I just don't know what!!!!!! Time will tell.:aargh4:

watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    going back to what the front page said about a rep talking someone out of spending the full amount being unheard of. if you buy the phone at full retail price then the rep doesn't make ANYTHING on the sale

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast