Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2? - Page 10
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon upgrading all Storms to Storm 2?

Mustang02 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30F7ADA8
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol_pete View Post
    You don't think you're time is worth anything having to go back to vzw store 9 friggin times to exchange phones? I'd be extremely po'd!
    I'm pissed off Obama won the election should I get my gasoline free now or my vacation that I have coming up?

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Even though this whole situation can be really frustrating, I ask kindly that everyone please remain civil and respectful. Thank you.
    Posted via BlackBerry device
    Last edited by olta777; 11-05-2009 at 03:24 AM.

mybikeisblack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mybikeisblack On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol_pete View Post
    You don't think you're time is worth anything having to go back to vzw store 9 friggin times to exchange phones? I'd be extremely po'd!
    I was PO'd, but today, had an issue with my storm1, took it into the store and the rep was stumped that he couldnt fix my phone. He tried for about 30 minutes to get my phone to respond but had no luck. He then looked over my account and told me that they had no storms in stock and that if I wanted a new one that I would have to wait the 3 days for it to arrive. I just looked at him, and then he said "would you like a storm2", I asked if there would be a charge if I did it and he said no. 20 minutes later, I was walking out of there with a storm2. Now if they would have had a storm1 in stock I would have gotten that, but I got lucky. I wouldn't have minded another storm1 but since I was given such a great oppertunity, I went with it.

HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Liked
    0 times
    There will be exceptions but not for the most part!!!
    Live Each Day Like You Are Dying!

iJax is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have tried for 3 days straight and got no where...don't waste your time... they offered me a upgraded phone at retail with 25% off... that was the best I got! I had legitimate problems with my phone too..

mybikeisblack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow mybikeisblack On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlyFan View Post
    There will be exceptions but not for the most part!!!
    Very correct! I happened to be one of those exceptions

C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    Last night I went to the Letstalk.com website and decided to see what kind of deal or discount I could get with the S2. I am out of contract with the S1 so full upgrade eligible. Here's what I found out, Letstalk with upgrade the S2 is $89.00 after discounts. VZW is $129.00 after discounts and NE2 discount. I don't want to be held to a contract yet, although I am on the 3rd S1, I still think it is a great phone and will wait a little while to see what the S2 owners say about it and to see what deals will come out around the Holidays.
    the letstalk.com offer is intriguing....$89 to upgrade to a Storm2 for existing Verizon customers....must agree to 2 year extension....they'll even give you $112 to trade in your Storm, so you actually make $22 on the deal...

has anyone ever gone thru these guys? is this for real? not sure I really want to extend for another 2 years, and really interested in taking a look at the droid, but this is a pretty sweet deal....much better than the so called "deal" Verizon is supposedly going to make to Storm owners...

eishas is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I went in today with problems with my S1 and walked out with S2! I think it all depends on the rep you get. My friend took two S1's back yesterday and got S2.

newberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    just ask
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i would love to go complain my s1 is a POS and get a s2 lol but am i going go waste my time no lol

eishas is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newberry View Post
    i would love to go complain my s1 is a POS and get a s2 lol but am i going go waste my time no lol
    Try it.............the worst they can say is no

newberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    just ask
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    lol my storms are working ok thou lol

i havent upgraded to the .328 or whatever it is still on 230

maybe i need to update to that so i can go complain about the bugs

AngelDamien is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been holding onto my 5th storm I've gotten from verizon, and too lazy to break out the torx screwdriver to fix the dead spot when I try to click the center bottom of the screen. Maybe I should use this as an excuse to try and get a S2

carbon coupe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    T OF ALE!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelDamien View Post
    I've been holding onto my 5th storm I've gotten from verizon, and too lazy to break out the torx screwdriver to fix the dead spot when I try to click the center bottom of the screen. Maybe I should use this as an excuse to try and get a S2

Tape your sim card to the battery door side of your battery. I did it and it was like getting a new screen.

I feel if VZW offers S1 owners ANY incentive toward an S2, we should feel lucky. Those happy with the S1 (myself [first one]) can keep it if they like or chose to upgrade (I believe I will).

Think about applications. Upgrades to the same version, 3.4.1, 3.4.2.....will most likely be free upgrades. Whereas, 3.5 or 4 (from 3.4.x) will be a charge to upgrade. We have gotten upgrades to the OS for free. Yes, they were needed. I agree, there is hardware involved here and I think thats why VZW has been so generous with replacements.

Point is, they dont have to offer us anything. They can fully just make us wait our full 2 years for the NE2 or charge us retail. They are a business, and the key goal is to make money.

TheOcch13 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    3064f9df
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got back from Verizon... My storm1 was defective (randomly shut off) and they hooked me up with a new storm1, and said nothing about anytype of deal on a s2 or anything of the sorts.. so it must be a hit or miss thing... give it a try, if your lucky you will get a CSR that hooks you up... This was attempt 1 of 3 i see in my near future (by near future in mean in the next 90 days haha)

ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Liked
    4 times
    I happened to go to my local VZW store a few days ago on the way home from work (didn't see this message thread until now...). I went in because my S1 is about 10˝ months old and I had a ton of dust under the glass and couldn't take it anymore. Anyway, so while I waited 30+ mins to be called, I played w/the S2 - cool... But I digress... When I was being helped they said they would replace my S1 for free w/another S1 and that I would receive it via FedEx in 2 days (expecting it today) since the new OS had come out and they sent all of their stock back to be upgraded. I asked before they processed the claim if there was anything they could do then and there to put me into a nice S2 and they said no. However, they did say in Dec I could do an early upgrade for $20 ($20 was just to do the early upgrade) and then I could get the S2 for the as advertised price of $179 after MiR. They also said if the BOGO was still going on I could take advantage of that as well. Of the two people who helped me, one had the S1 and when I questioned him re: the WiFi issue on the S2 he said he wasn't aware of any issues. I guess I'm just going to wait until Dec to see what my options are. I think I am eligible for a regular upgrade in Summer/Fall of 2010 anyway, so what's a few extra months, right?

Geners is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    OCCHIO!! You ARE a real Boy!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I went into a VZW store on Wednseday. Looked at the S2 and wasn't that in awe of it. Probably not enuff to make me upgrade even if they offer this "Special Deal" ( Which doesn't really sound like much of a DEAL ) I mean, even the default theme is the exact same as the S1. Would have thought they'd use a little imagination and at least change the look of things a little bit. Typing on the new screen was just ok for me. Felt pretty much the same IMO.
    What I'm getting to is this... I asked 3 different CSRs about early upgrade offers for Storm 1 users. Every one of them played dumb on the subject. My wife's contract is due for an upgrade next week and I've decided not to go with the S2. ( Shivered as I typed that ). What does intrigue me is the new Android phone. Released today. The CSRs were really pushing this HARD! So now I'm torn. Stick with our beloved BB's or jump ship with the Droid. If I stick with BB it won't be the S2. ---- PLease DON'T HATE.

Buzzdar is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    email me at buzzdar1@gmail.com and ill get you 25.00 off at letstalk.com

kwjones is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow kwjones On Twitter
    PIN
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I had a cracked screen and went it to have it replaced, They told me it'll cost $50. I was thinking they would replace the screen and all they did was give me a new Storm 1, so now i have 2 storms

Richs10 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    After reading this thread, I called the 800 CS number and spoke with a very nice rep about getting an early upgrade from my Storm1 to a Storm2. My NE2 was not until July, 2010 and my contract was not up until Nov 21, 2010. My original Storm was purchased on the release date (Nov 21, 2008) but it was stolen in Italy so I'm on my second (but not because of any problems with the phone). After schmoozing with the rep for a while, she agreed to move my NE2 up to my one year contract anniversary which is November 22, 2009. I will need to renew my 2 yr contract but will get the $179 price.

Once again, Verizon comes through for me, as they have over the years. I just make sure I am civil and respectful with the rep, explain what I want to do, and ask for their help to get me there. No yelling or head banging. And SCHWOOSH: There it is! A few days later, I dropped by a Verizon store and verified my account has been documented to go with the deal on Nov 22. I'm very happy with the early upgrade offer. BTW, I have the lowest price plans (450 min and BIS Data) so I was technically not eligible for a 1yr upgrade.

Spector5 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Spector5 On Twitter
    PIN
    HEAD
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    rooted 2.1
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't know if this matters to anyone else, but I had 3 storms over a course of a year. I have the TEP plan with Asurion for the 6 bucks a month - well worth it, especially for Storm owners...lol. Anyway, I recently got a replacement with them,a brand new storm - and had issues right off the bat with it. software related, battery door didn't close right, froze up a lot...etc. So, I figured I would go to Verizon and see what they could do instead of going thru Asurion,and waiting for yet another replacement. The CSR had no answers for me on my issues,and because they weren't an official store,just an outlet - they couldn't replace it. He gave me a number to call and see if they could help. No luck with that lead - they told me that it was out of Asurions inventory,and they would have to replace it...ugh.
    So, I call Asurion,explain my whole situation again,and they said they were going to send me yet another brand new storm replacement. I stopped her right there and asked if it were possible to change devices, because I was thru with the storm and all the issues I've had with each. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes,and comes back and asks," have you heard about the storm2?" Naturally, I played dumb,and said - "yeah, I think I saw the commercial on TV" ...LOL. She said that because of the issues with the storm1 and my frustration, they could sub it out with the storm2 if I wanted. Of course I said yes...lol.
    So, my point is, if you're phone is insured with Asurion,and you're having issues with it,give it a try - they're pretty understanding,and cool people too! Hey, I got a brand new storm 2 coming tuesday - free of charge!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast