"Frank" OS for the Storm might be coming?
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: "Frank" OS for the Storm might be coming?

  1. #1
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times

    Arrow "Frank" OS for the Storm might be coming?

    So over at CB there is a member who goes by lyricidal, stated that he has loaded some of the 5.0 files from the 8900 and loaded it up on his Storm. He has stated that it is running and might be possible to get it later. Just wondering what people think about this and if you will take the plunge in this?




  2. #2
    louwiid's Avatar
    louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    So over at CB there is a member who goes by lyricidal, stated that he has loaded some of the 5.0 files from the 8900 and loaded it up on his Storm. He has stated that it is running and might be possible to get it later. Just wondering what people think about this and if you will take the plunge in this?
    Definitely. Lyricidal's stuff has been awesome. Since we are waiting for a new official release, why not play Dr. Frankenstein?
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

  3. #3
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgillen View Post
    Definitely. Lyricidal's stuff has been awesome. Since we are waiting for a new official release, why not play Dr. Frankenstein?
    Haven't tried his stuff.........yet will most likely try after bb's 3.5.1!

  4. #4
    louwiid's Avatar
    louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Liked
    0 times
    bb makes some righteous shite as well.
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

  5. #5
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgillen View Post
    bb makes some righteous shite as well.
    Think there may be something new with what files he gets working on the storm? From what i've heard and seen, seems like they are getting some features we have already have....

  6. #6
    louwiid's Avatar
    louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Think there may be something new with what files he gets working on the storm? From what i've heard and seen, seems like they are getting some features we have already have....
    Dunno--I am anxious to see. Maybe I should read up a bit more on OS 5.0 and see what all is in it! LOL
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

  7. #7
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Well i do know of a different way of viewing memory...

  8. #8
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    Haven't tried his stuff.........yet will most likely try after bb's 3.5.1!
    Just used his Shrink OS today on the .122 and have go to say he puts some great work out.

  9. #9
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtenney View Post
    Just used his Shrink OS today on the .122 and have go to say he puts some great work out.
    well gonna have to give it a try sometime soon!

  10. #10
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07 View Post
    well gonna have to give it a try sometime soon!
    Yeah I was very impressed with how smooth it handled and how easy it was

  11. #11
    skeletallightning's Avatar
    skeletallightning is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.591
    Posts
    130
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgillen View Post
    bb makes some righteous shite as well.
    i'm running 114 v3.5 now, and so far every release from bbc has been awesome and only improved how my storm works.

    on topic, i'd be very interested to see if it's possible to get extra functionality from other bb versions. it sounds like an awesome idea, and if it works i'd definitely try it out.
    i would turn it all in for late nights and impossible dreams.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •