Stop calling Contacts

Thread: Stop calling Contacts

keepitreza Guest

Stop calling Contacts

How do I make it so when I click on a contacts name in my phone book it doesn't call them

Because when I used to click on contact names it would open up their contact info.

I keep accidentally calling people when I'm going through my contacts and I need to stop

Does anyone know of a setting or a fix to stop this?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by keepitreza View Post
    How do I make it so when I click on a contacts name in my phone book it doesn't call them

Because when I used to click on contact names it would open up their contact info.

I keep accidentally calling people when I'm going through my contacts and I need to stop

Does anyone know of a setting or a fix to stop this?
    unfortunately no.. that was one of my fav features now you have to hit the bbkey(menu) to get into it.. it takes some time to get used to

keepitreza Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    unfortunately no.. that was one of my fav features now you have to hit the bbkey(menu) to get into it.. it takes some time to get used to
    Ughh...

Thanks for the (bad) news hahahaha

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Ughh...

Thanks for the (bad) news hahahaha
    if you hang out here much you will find out quickly that I am a dream crusher lmao

BTW Welcome to !

keepitreza Guest
    if you hang out here much you will find out quickly that I am a dream crusher lmao

BTW Welcome to !

hahah I will hopefully be around a lot

And thanks

TheBroken is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow TheBroken On Twitter
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Am I missing something? when I open my contacts and scroll to a name. if I click on it, it shows me their contact info. This not what we are talking about? the only way for me to dial is to either hit the bb button then call or highlight the name then press the send key.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBroken View Post
    Am I missing something? when I open my contacts and scroll to a name. if I click on it, it shows me their contact info. This not what we are talking about? the only way for me to dial is to either hit the bb button then call or highlight the name then press the send key.
    it depends on how many numbers you have saved if only one it will just call whe you click on them

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    it depends on how many numbers you have saved if only one it will just call whe you click on them

just tried. mine shows the name and below it the number. does not dial. odd. Tried with single contact number and various contact numbers.

Makes me think its a setting somewhere.
    Last edited by TheBroken; 10-29-2009 at 03:54 PM.

keepitreza Guest
    just tried. mine shows the name and below it the number. does not dial. odd. Tried with single contact number and various contact numbers.

Makes me think its a setting somewhere.

Any idea where it might be?

I've searched my phone like mad but can't find an option

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Any idea where it might be?

I've searched my phone like mad but can't find an option

I've searched but to be honest I cant remember a time where it automatically dialed from contacts. I have always been able to just click the contact icon and look through my contacts and just click. no matter how many contact numbers it had it would always just show the contact info. I'll keep looking though. has to be a way

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    lets do this broken where are you clicking on your contacts name? are you clicking the contacts icon and then from there? because I get the same results you do when I use the contacts app.

and to keep here are you (i am guessing cause this is what you said in the first post) you are opening the phone app and then usiing the contacts tab on the end?

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    lets do this broken where are you clicking on your contacts name? are you clicking the contacts icon and then from there? because I get the same results you do when I use the contacts app.

and to keep here are you (i am guessing cause this is what you said in the first post) you are opening the phone app and then usiing the contacts tab on the end?

zactly! I click the contact icon then the contact. if I click phone then the contact tab then the contact it dials, but isnt that the way its supposed to be? If I am in the phone app isnt it expecting that I wanna make a call? I have my default phone view to call log. my most used contacts are there then i just click and it dials. usually if I want to get info I just use the contacts app. to be honest except for this time I cant tell you the last time I looked at my contacts through the phone app.

kermitt4212 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow kermitt4212 On Twitter
    PIN
    3212AFA1
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530)

Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa

I think your right. If I open the contacts from the icon and click one I get the details. However if I open the phone then choose contacts and click one it calls.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    zactly! I click the contact icon then the contact. if I click phone then the contact tab then the contact it dials, but isnt that the way its supposed to be? If I am in the phone app isnt it expecting that I wanna make a call? I have my default phone view to call log. my most used contacts are there then i just click and it dials. usually if I want to get info I just use the contacts app. to be honest except for this time I cant tell you the last time I looked at my contacts through the phone app.
    actually the contact tab in the phone app used to do the same thing as the contact app, i never used the contact app until that changed i think right after .148.

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    actually the contact tab in the phone app used to do the same thing as the contact app, i never used the contact app until that changed i think right after .148.

Well then thats where the confusion in my part came in. I guess Keep will have to use the contact app so he wont dial out. sorry for the false hope!
    Last edited by TheBroken; 10-29-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Device
    Liked
    0 times
    Something that I think is worth mentioning and it might have already. As I was researching info on this I went into my Loader folder to look at the manual. Anybody notice that its a manual for the 9550/9520?? I have seen this on many of the OS5 leaks, but on the Official?

BTW, dont tell anybody that I went to look at the manual, lol.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Lol yea I think it was mentioned a few days ago. That may have just been an accident the os was definitely for the 9530
    Posted via BlackBerry device