Thread: Blackberry storm Can't click on any links in email or SMS

FamousRuler is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9500
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, You can add me to the problem. Also running .328
    I believe it worked before the os upgrade but I'm not sure. I have tried several battery pulls and still no clickable link. I'm using BPS is there something I can do on the server besides sending the service books?

edemunsta is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow edemunsta On Twitter
    PIN
    THIS!!!
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    OS BBC Hybrid v10! Tmobile
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FamousRuler View Post
    Well, You can add me to the problem. Also running .328
    I believe it worked before the os upgrade but I'm not sure. I have tried several battery pulls and still no clickable link. I'm using BPS is there something I can do on the server besides sending the service books?
    I think is a hit and miss. Some can click and some can not. As for me, the new OS builds seem to be the problem. I have just recently downgraded to BBC7 since I am waiting for the call for my new job to start. I have been getting the clickable links now from BBOS now. Before I would get the email with the links not clickable. Just my experience.
    PBJ | PBJ Gear | M1926 Tech News Blog
    Storming on Tmobile - 9530

Corey Darling is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Liked
    0 times
    On my phone it is definately a .323+ OS related issue.

I've swapped back and forth between .230 Hybrids, and .323 Full, .328 Full, and their hybrids. Every time I install the .323+ OS's the problem comes back.

As soon as I reinstall .230 hybrids, it works perfectly.

edemunsta is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow edemunsta On Twitter
    PIN
    THIS!!!
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    OS BBC Hybrid v10! Tmobile
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Darling View Post
    On my phone it is definately a .323+ OS related issue.

I've swapped back and forth between .230 Hybrids, and .323 Full, .328 Full, and their hybrids. Every time I install the .323+ OS's the problem comes back.

As soon as I reinstall .230 hybrids, it works perfectly.
    I wonder if BBC can implement this as well into to Tmobile OS he is working on that is 5.0.0.140 based?
    PBJ | PBJ Gear | M1926 Tech News Blog
    Storming on Tmobile - 9530

Liked
    0 times
    I was hoping someone has a cause or fix for this issue with all these recent hybrids?

I just loaded up OOAK's .415 hybrid and the issue is still present.

For some reason, I get a link to work fine if there is only 1 sms or email in the box. But If i get a new message in, the links disappear.

If I do a battery pull, the links return until the next time I get a new message.

Liked
    0 times
    Looks like the new .419 release has fixed this issue

Hopefully its permanent this time, and doesn't come back next time I get another email.

Atomic.18 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Ask me.
    Device
    Storm2 952
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    YES .328 radio file Has That BUG. the bug was discover by Civic in a thread forum. i advise all of you to upgrade to the official .419... dont forget to delete the vender.xml file

aaroncampbell is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow aaroncampbell On Twitter
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having this same problem. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to upgrade past 5.0.0.328. I have the Storm through Verizon, and when I connect to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (how I've done upgrade before) it offers 5.0.0.328 as "Current" and will let me downgrade to 4.7.0.148, 4.7.0.75, or 4.7.0.65. What do I need to do to upgrade properly?

Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aaroncampbell View Post
    I'm having this same problem. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to upgrade past 5.0.0.328. I have the Storm through Verizon, and when I connect to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager (how I've done upgrade before) it offers 5.0.0.328 as "Current" and will let me downgrade to 4.7.0.148, 4.7.0.75, or 4.7.0.65. What do I need to do to upgrade properly?
    Welcome to

Here is a link that will give you a step by step to upgrade.

I would recommend using a strait leak and not a hybrid. Being it is your first time.You can find the download in our download section ( Tab at top of page). I would recommend using this Operating system.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Tevansny; 03-03-2010 at 12:24 PM.

aaroncampbell is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow aaroncampbell On Twitter
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks! I'm assuming that a 'straight leak' means this is a version that has not yet been released? If that's true, how long until it will actually be released and rolled out? (It doesn't make sense to do this now if in two days this rolls out via Verizon and I get it anyway)

Tevansny is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    someone us
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aaroncampbell View Post
    Thanks! I'm assuming that a 'straight leak' means this is a version that has not yet been released? If that's true, how long until it will actually be released and rolled out? (It doesn't make sense to do this now if in two days this rolls out via Verizon and I get it anyway)
    You are correct. Unfortunately there is no way of telling when they will release an official operating system. It could be in two hours or two years. We here at seem to be one of the first to know and will immediately post it for our members. So check back often.

Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Liked
    0 times
    If you want to get a little ambitious, try a hybrid that has a lot of good documentation on how to load, there are several out there that work well. I personally like the Lyricidal hybrids, cause they load easily. (but that is my choice).
    Have you ever wondered why things intended to make our lives simpler keep getting more complicated to use?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12