Not Impressed with .328 ( I have a Theory )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Not Impressed with .328 ( I have a Theory )

  1. #1
    Geners is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    OCCHIO!! You ARE a real Boy!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    46
    Liked
    0 times

    Not Impressed with .328 ( I have a Theory )

    Ok... So I've installed 5.0.0.328 ( Like most Storm owners, I'm sure ). Can I just say that I'm not impressed. It seems SLOOOOOOW. My signal isn't fantastic, and the whole theme ( landscape ) issue really bugs me. I've read that the problem isn't with the OS but with Plazmic. If that's the case, then why did themes work perfectly fine in landscape when I was using 5.0.0.230? If they're all 5.0 Os's, why wouldn't they just program them the same for that particular part of the newer OS? And why would my signal decrease with this new build. And WOW is it slow!
    I Can't believe that THIS is the version that Verizon chose to make official. I feel like I'm back to my Storm that was running 4.7.0.75. I think the big red V is trying to make me hate my Storm again so I'll be less prone to keep it and more open to the idea of the S2. Hoping that it's faster and I'll get a better signal and my themes might work. That's my theory anyway.
    Well I'm gonna show them. I'm switching back to .230 and spend some quality time with my touch screen Berry. I will not replace her because she's not as sleek as the younger more nubile model. With a little nip / tuck of her OS ( And maybe a new chrome cover :laugh2: ) I will continue to love her as I did before the weekend began. We will curse Verizon and October 28th together!!! :irked::irked:




  2. #2
    T-Rob's Avatar
    T-Rob is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    PIN
    LOL...yeah, right!
    Device
    BB Storm 9550 - Verizon
    OS
    v5.0.0.607
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    0 times
    Feel better?

  3. #3
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Actually I think they rushed the build out so that they wouldnt have an influx of storm 1 owners wanting free upgrades

  4. #4
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times
    I think people might be rushing judgment on the OS a little to quick. Give it time to settle in to your phone. Personally I think it is better than .230, at least perfomance wise. The theme issue is a pain but it takes 5 sec. to fix it.

  5. #5
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    i think this is the best build yet.230 was one of the worst....go figure. i'm sure V didn't come up with a complex scheme to put out a bad os so people would buy a new one.
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

  6. #6
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Actually I think they rushed the build out so that they wouldnt have an influx of storm 1 owners wanting free upgrades
    I agree with you. Now that 5.0 is out for S1. Some S1 owners are "less likely" to complain when they see S2. Just my .02 worth

  7. #7
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Geners View Post
    Ok... So I've installed 5.0.0.328 ( Like most Storm owners, I'm sure ). Can I just say that I'm not impressed. It seems SLOOOOOOW. My signal isn't fantastic, and the whole theme ( landscape ) issue really bugs me. I've read that the problem isn't with the OS but with Plazmic. If that's the case, then why did themes work perfectly fine in landscape when I was using 5.0.0.230? If they're all 5.0 Os's, why wouldn't they just program them the same for that particular part of the newer OS? And why would my signal decrease with this new build. And WOW is it slow!
    I Can't believe that THIS is the version that Verizon chose to make official. I feel like I'm back to my Storm that was running 4.7.0.75. I think the big red V is trying to make me hate my Storm again so I'll be less prone to keep it and more open to the idea of the S2. Hoping that it's faster and I'll get a better signal and my themes might work. That's my theory anyway.
    Well I'm gonna show them. I'm switching back to .230 and spend some quality time with my touch screen Berry. I will not replace her because she's not as sleek as the younger more nubile model. With a little nip / tuck of her OS ( And maybe a new chrome cover :laugh2: ) I will continue to love her as I did before the weekend began. We will curse Verizon and October 28th together!!! :irked::irked:

    I agree w/you 100% except on the release of S2..Curious how that will perform.. Personnaly, I went with the 5.0.0.238/323H (.230base), Its a great build for my device(All devices act differently). Once Lyric or BBC comes out w/a .328 Hybrid and pending reviews, I may go back to that. .328 is Very Slow:261for my device and a few unexpected glitches w/icons). I actually removed it the same nite I d/l it. I don't believe in that letting the OS settle BS. .230 seemed to settle in like it belonged since the 1st time I starting using it. :banana:Good luck to everyone. NO OS is really bad (for the most part), Its just finding the one that fits for your own device:beerchug:. again...Just my IMHO..

  8. #8
    mumbles181 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow mumbles181 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Device
    Bold :(
    OS
    .464
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been using the .238 build since it came out. It seemed good from the get go, however I'm now finding myself doing battery pulls all the time. :Eyecrazy: The hour clock comes on and stay on for minutes on end. I keep loosing the chat history in my BBM groups. I'm not thrilled with this build. :aargh4:

  9. #9
    C6StingRay's Avatar
    C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    178
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Actually I think they rushed the build out so that they wouldnt have an influx of storm 1 owners wanting free upgrades
    DING-DING-DING!! WE HAVE A WINNER!

    I'm actually okay with .328, although I have had a couple of weird things going on....my BES might be to blame though....

    If by chance Verizon takes pity on Storm owners and offers us a discount to upgrade to Storm2 I'm all over it....if it doesn't happen I am somewhat inclined to either go back to a BB with a "real keyboard" or look at a non-blackberry device when my contract is up....I think by next fall I may be ready to move on....

  10. #10
    scattaman's Avatar
    scattaman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montego Bay, Jamaica
    PIN
    305836DD
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    1 times
    I really don't know why there's a big backlash on this O.S?! I have been running it since Sunday and I must say that I'm happy with it!

    I'm sitting pretty at 33.7mb at boot up with quite a number of apps...
    I thought the battery drained a bit faster than normal but I actually went two days on one charge... with occasional music and streaming...
    My SMS issues are fixed...
    I use lock tilt so I don't have the whole landscape issue (personally I find the landscape mode annoying on the homescreen)


    All in all, I think that the OS is great... I just beleive that some folks are a bit dissapointed due to the exposure of leaked 5.0 for so long... not to say that some people don't have legitimate issues...

  11. #11
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    I am amazed that some people arent liking this OS. My phone is faster than ever before and solid as a rock now. Any of you that are having trouble really need to wipe and reload. I'm sure a Plazmic patch will be out soon and all the white border stuff will be forgotten. I understand 100% why this was released as official. It is a fabulous OS! I guess it's true what they say, no 2 Storms are alike.
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  12. #12
    bobenhaus is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    Posts
    11
    Liked
    0 times
    5.0.328 is by far the best OS to date. There are some glitches but I am willing to live with them until the application developers can get up to speed. Memory on my S1 has been very good without any battery pulls since Sunday. When playing music via the speaker that sound like distortion or static. Thats about it for me. The new OS is way faster then the Iphone when it comes to transititioning. Cant wait for the new webkit browser and widgets in the future

  13. #13
    306buddyluv's Avatar
    306buddyluv is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow 306buddyluv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Miami Florida
    Device
    9700/9530
    OS
    5.0.0.421/5.0.0.419
    Posts
    60
    Liked
    0 times
    Am not happy with .328. Its a very fast os when it comes to navigating threw the apps and web browsing. But theme landscape issue is still going on for me and now I cant make calls. I have a constant EDGE and every thing else works. But when i make a call i get a "no circuit/channel error""" Now am getting the same issue with all the 5.0 OS that came after 5.0.0.140. This OS even knocked out my USB connection.

    Sorry but RIM and VZ is not on my good side right about now.... """"Official my ace""":irked::aargh4:
    ..........
    SHAKE N BAKE
    ..........

  14. #14
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I am amazed that some people arent liking this OS. My phone is faster than ever before and solid as a rock now. Any of you that are having trouble really need to wipe and reload. I'm sure a Plazmic patch will be out soon and all the white border stuff will be forgotten. I understand 100% why this was released as official. It is a fabulous OS! I guess it's true what they say, no 2 Storms are alike.
    All I can think of to say is this: If people think they are going to rush out and buy a S2 at launch; and have a significantly different experience OS-wise than they do with the S1 running .328; I have a funny feeling a whole plethora of folks are going to be EXTREMELY disappointed.

    Other than the way the screen works, I get the feeling that the overall user experience will be exactly the same.

  15. #15
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 306buddyluv View Post
    Am not happy with .328. Its a very fast os when it comes to navigating threw the apps and web browsing. But theme landscape issue is still going on for me and now I cant make calls. I have a constant EDGE and every thing else works. But when i make a call i get a "no circuit/channel error""" Now am getting the same issue with all the 5.0 OS that came after 5.0.0.140. This OS even knocked out my USB connection.

    Sorry but RIM and VZ is not on my good side right about now.... """"Official my ace""":irked::aargh4:
    I'm not so sure why you would expect a VERIZON official OS to be optimized to work on a different carrier?

  16. #16
    dandiele is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    0 times
    lol all the people with problems crack me up. like its the OS's fault? maybe 306buddyluv would have better luck on verizon. This so far has been very fast for me. typing responds faster then .323 for me signal is constantly perfect and I have not had any problems with the Default theme. those with themes i guess have to just deal its not like verizon makes the themes so you cant expect them to test them and make sure they all work. id say do a clean wipe of the phone and do not shrink. just do a normal os install and see how many performance issues go away.

  17. #17
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    All I can think of to say is this: If people think they are going to rush out and buy a S2 at launch; and have a significantly different experience OS-wise than they do with the S1 running .328; I have a funny feeling a whole plethora of folks are going to be EXTREMELY disappointed.

    Other than the way the screen works, I get the feeling that the overall user experience will be exactly the same.
    +1

    it was funny when i went to verizon today asking about the storm2. the first thing the lady said was,"they just came out with a new OS that will make the storm1 work just like the storm2".she then asked me if i had upgraded yet. i kinda chuckled and told her i had been running 5.0 OS for months now and it is pretty nice.she asked how since it just came out yesterday....i just smiled.

    the big upgrades on the storm2 will be the new screen,sleeker look and feel,256mb of ram and wifi.
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

  18. #18
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    the big upgrades on the storm2 will be the new screen,sleeker look and feel,256mb of ram and wifi.
    The screen I can agree with; as I can with the RAM (since more storage is always better) - wifi is nice but not a must-have for me.

    Styling, OTOH, is very subjective. I truly believe that the design of the Storm 1 (from the back side) looks much sleeker. The S2 uses TOO much fake chrome at the bottom, where the S1 is a black rubberized material. Another subjective thing is the design of the battery door. I much prefer the battery door on the S1.

  19. #19
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Geners View Post
    Ok... So I've installed 5.0.0.328 ( Like most Storm owners, I'm sure ). Can I just say that I'm not impressed. It seems SLOOOOOOW. My signal isn't fantastic, and the whole theme ( landscape ) issue really bugs me. I've read that the problem isn't with the OS but with Plazmic. If that's the case, then why did themes work perfectly fine in landscape when I was using 5.0.0.230? If they're all 5.0 Os's, why wouldn't they just program them the same for that particular part of the newer OS? And why would my signal decrease with this new build. And WOW is it slow!
    I Can't believe that THIS is the version that Verizon chose to make official. I feel like I'm back to my Storm that was running 4.7.0.75. I think the big red V is trying to make me hate my Storm again so I'll be less prone to keep it and more open to the idea of the S2. Hoping that it's faster and I'll get a better signal and my themes might work. That's my theory anyway.
    Well I'm gonna show them. I'm switching back to .230 and spend some quality time with my touch screen Berry. I will not replace her because she's not as sleek as the younger more nubile model. With a little nip / tuck of her OS ( And maybe a new chrome cover :laugh2: ) I will continue to love her as I did before the weekend began. We will curse Verizon and October 28th together!!! :irked::irked:
    Generally quite pleased with this OS with the exception of a lack of compatible themes. Not seeing any lags at all.
    As for signal strength, mine is improved. Just curious, have you updated your PRL (*228/option 2 for VZW)? If not, you might want to give it a try. Also, I did find that removing any incompatible themes and incompatible programs from the device made memory leak nearly virtually non-existent.
    Last edited by toytooii; 10-27-2009 at 06:45 PM.

  20. #20
    brownpm85 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    1 times
    I have had no problems with this os. It is the fastest os that I have ever had. Memory is good. It will be even better when all developers get there stuff working with 5.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •