Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    All I can think of to say is this: If people think they are going to rush out and buy a S2 at launch; and have a significantly different experience OS-wise than they do with the S1 running .328; I have a funny feeling a whole plethora of folks are going to be EXTREMELY disappointed.

Other than the way the screen works, I get the feeling that the overall user experience will be exactly the same.
    +1

it was funny when i went to verizon today asking about the storm2. the first thing the lady said was,"they just came out with a new OS that will make the storm1 work just like the storm2".she then asked me if i had upgraded yet. i kinda chuckled and told her i had been running 5.0 OS for months now and it is pretty nice.she asked how since it just came out yesterday....i just smiled.

the big upgrades on the storm2 will be the new screen,sleeker look and feel,256mb of ram and wifi.

Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    the big upgrades on the storm2 will be the new screen,sleeker look and feel,256mb of ram and wifi.
    The screen I can agree with; as I can with the RAM (since more storage is always better) - wifi is nice but not a must-have for me.

Styling, OTOH, is very subjective. I truly believe that the design of the Storm 1 (from the back side) looks much sleeker. The S2 uses TOO much fake chrome at the bottom, where the S1 is a black rubberized material. Another subjective thing is the design of the battery door. I much prefer the battery door on the S1.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geners View Post
    Ok... So I've installed 5.0.0.328 ( Like most Storm owners, I'm sure ). Can I just say that I'm not impressed. It seems SLOOOOOOW. My signal isn't fantastic, and the whole theme ( landscape ) issue really bugs me. I've read that the problem isn't with the OS but with Plazmic. If that's the case, then why did themes work perfectly fine in landscape when I was using 5.0.0.230? If they're all 5.0 Os's, why wouldn't they just program them the same for that particular part of the newer OS? And why would my signal decrease with this new build. And WOW is it slow!
    I Can't believe that THIS is the version that Verizon chose to make official. I feel like I'm back to my Storm that was running 4.7.0.75. I think the big red V is trying to make me hate my Storm again so I'll be less prone to keep it and more open to the idea of the S2. Hoping that it's faster and I'll get a better signal and my themes might work. That's my theory anyway.
    Well I'm gonna show them. I'm switching back to .230 and spend some quality time with my touch screen Berry. I will not replace her because she's not as sleek as the younger more nubile model. With a little nip / tuck of her OS ( And maybe a new chrome cover :laugh2: ) I will continue to love her as I did before the weekend began. We will curse Verizon and October 28th together!!! :irked::irked:
    Generally quite pleased with this OS with the exception of a lack of compatible themes. Not seeing any lags at all.
    As for signal strength, mine is improved. Just curious, have you updated your PRL (*228/option 2 for VZW)? If not, you might want to give it a try. Also, I did find that removing any incompatible themes and incompatible programs from the device made memory leak nearly virtually non-existent.
    Last edited by toytooii; 10-27-2009 at 05:45 PM.

I have had no problems with this os. It is the fastest os that I have ever had. Memory is good. It will be even better when all developers get there stuff working with 5.0

PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    I agree just needs to settle furthermore its 5.0 and its official it can only get better from here!

PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Every person is entitled to their opinion about the newest OS. Of all of the 5.0 OS, .328 is the best by far. It is more stable and mostly everything is functional. VZW had to put this out to deter S1 owners from looking for some sort of early upgrade discount. One thing I realized is that you can only run this new OS with the stock theme. Every theme I have run has effected my phone differently from battery drain, to slow operation to memory loss. Running stock theme stabilizes the phone.

PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Another possible issue people could be having is they might not be wiping their phone before they update it. You don't necessarily have to do it but from my experiences there seems to be less issues when you do.

Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    +1. I fully agree bxrider
    Last edited by rasputin; 10-28-2009 at 04:52 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast