Not Impressed with .328 ( I have a Theory ) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Not Impressed with .328 ( I have a Theory )

  1. #21
    Bookers's Avatar
    Bookers is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bookers On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    428
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree just needs to settle furthermore its 5.0 and its official it can only get better from here!




  2. #22
    Bxrider117's Avatar
    Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    0 times
    Every person is entitled to their opinion about the newest OS. Of all of the 5.0 OS, .328 is the best by far. It is more stable and mostly everything is functional. VZW had to put this out to deter S1 owners from looking for some sort of early upgrade discount. One thing I realized is that you can only run this new OS with the stock theme. Every theme I have run has effected my phone differently from battery drain, to slow operation to memory loss. Running stock theme stabilizes the phone.

  3. #23
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times
    Another possible issue people could be having is they might not be wiping their phone before they update it. You don't necessarily have to do it but from my experiences there seems to be less issues when you do.

  4. #24
    rasputin's Avatar
    rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kentwood, Michigan
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Posts
    405
    Liked
    0 times
    +1. I fully agree bxrider
    Last edited by rasputin; 10-28-2009 at 04:52 AM.

  5. #25
    kara's Avatar
    kara is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow kara On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    I just now downloaded 328 and I'm coming all the way from 148...i know i know lol! I'll definitely be honest with what I think about this OS after I get a little time to play with it. At least everything has gone SUPER smooth so far!

    To prove that I will be honest I'll say this...I went to a Verizon store today to pick up my Storm 2. I left the store without a Storm 2 because I wasn't really impressed and didn't like the click. Ugh I feel so dirty saying anything bad about BB. :bad:
    Twitter @BlackBerryKara

  6. #26
    T-Rob's Avatar
    T-Rob is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    PIN
    LOL...yeah, right!
    Device
    BB Storm 9550 - Verizon
    OS
    v5.0.0.607
    Posts
    246
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
    Every person is entitled to their opinion about the newest OS. Of all of the 5.0 OS, .328 is the best by far. It is more stable and mostly everything is functional. VZW had to put this out to deter S1 owners from looking for some sort of early upgrade discount. One thing I realized is that you can only run this new OS with the stock theme. Every theme I have run has effected my phone differently from battery drain, to slow operation to memory loss. Running stock theme stabilizes the phone.

    Interesting...I definitely agree with you in that this is the most stable OS yet, but I've been running a non-stock theme since I d/l'ed it and it's running just fine. Yes, I have the one lines in landscape mode...but, I really only use landscape mode when I'm typing an email or text and it's not there during that.

  7. #27
    zingo's Avatar
    zingo is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Jersey
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    191
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having no issues with the .328 built. I love it and I don't feel this urgent need to run out and buy storm 2. I eligible for a full upgrade in July. Until then, I'll keep continuing to enjoy the new upgrade. One thing I now realize is, (after using pda-s and smartphones now for the past 6 yrs. and tons of money) it's the phone, contacts, calendar and maybe 1 or 2 other apps we use on a regular basis. What can be done on Storm 2, I can do on Storm 1... People!
    Last edited by zingo; 10-28-2009 at 03:42 PM.

  8. #28
    kara's Avatar
    kara is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow kara On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok being totally honest: I absolutely love .328. Keep in mind I'm coming all the way from .148 so I haven't seen everything in between. No theme issues at all here BUT I never turn my phone to landscape...actually use Stop Tilt to prevent it from turning. Hasn't even been a full 24 hours yet so maybe I'll be singin' a different tune before long lol.

    I think you "typical" VZW custy would prolly be pretty pleased with this update though. And there may well be something behind the...now your Storm 1 has the same software capability as the Storm 2...kthxbai.
    Twitter @BlackBerryKara

  9. #29
    TheBroken's Avatar
    TheBroken is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow TheBroken On Twitter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Home of the Bears and Cubs
    Device
    9550
    Posts
    110
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kara View Post
    Ok being totally honest: I absolutely love .328. Keep in mind I'm coming all the way from .148 so I haven't seen everything in between. No theme issues at all here BUT I never turn my phone to landscape...actually use Stop Tilt to prevent it from turning. Hasn't even been a full 24 hours yet so maybe I'll be singin' a different tune before long lol.

    I think you "typical" VZW custy would prolly be pretty pleased with this update though. And there may well be something behind the...now your Storm 1 has the same software capability as the Storm 2...kthxbai.

    I Have used eveything and I mean everything in between .148 and this. I think its smooth and stable.....now. wasnt on my first load. I just did an upgrade and let DM do all the work. Themes didnt bother me since it took seconds to fix and since I havent done many batt pulls in the last 2 OS's I wasnt worried about having to "fix" the theme after every pull. My issues were minor except for the gradual increase of a memory leak that after removing all of my apps I figured out my memory leak was actually theme related. I wiped the phone then manually reinstalled all my apps except my theme and did a selective restore. I didnt want any "bad" settings to transfer over. so far so good and my memory is holding. reason I am mentioning it is cause the Theme killed mine and it wasnt because of the white bars.

  10. #30
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    Been running this since verizon made it official and it's definitely the best for my phone yet. I've ran into no problems whats so ever yet. I'm running the stock theme which I find nice. Battery life is great, and so is memory management.
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  11. #31
    kara's Avatar
    kara is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow kara On Twitter
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBroken View Post
    I just did an upgrade and let DM do all the work.
    Same here...I just plugged my BB in and let DM do it's thing. Bout a full day now and smooth sailing. Running a custom theme and memory has held steady at 33mb + or - no more than .4. Pretty long app list too.

    Previously I've always downloaded the OS's and shrunk then loaded. This is the first time I didn't. Just wanted to see how things would go doing it through DM. I took out as much as I could but I still need to use whatever program I can to get rid of the sample pics and stuff but I know that can be tricky.

    So far so good. Hopefully a couple days from now things won't be in total shambles lol.
    Twitter @BlackBerryKara

  12. #32
    306buddyluv's Avatar
    306buddyluv is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow 306buddyluv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Miami Florida
    Device
    9700/9530
    OS
    5.0.0.421/5.0.0.419
    Posts
    60
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    I'm not so sure why you would expect a VERIZON official OS to be optimized to work on a different carrier?
    The original OS worked, and the official Os update after that worked as well on the storm I have. And all the leaked OS worked except for .328. So what does that tells me.. They are trying to stop unlocked storm uses on other network. Some folks with an unlock tour on a different network are having the same issue with this recent tour update. But; I can care less about it.
    ..........
    SHAKE N BAKE
    ..........

  13. #33
    AngerManagement is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    PA
    PIN
    3095C4BD
    Device
    storm 9530
    OS
    leaks, hybrids, whatevers the newest
    Posts
    15
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I feel .328 is the best build yet..although it would be nice if the event logger could be disabled and yes the theme issue is annoying but that's nothing compared to how the s1 used to be before these OS updates came out. I personally have never really had any problems with leaking memory and the device runnin slow due to lack of memory. Maybe I'm just lucky but because of the 5.0 OS's I don't really plan on updating to the s2 or at least I won't pay full price for one. I would be more inclined in upgrading to the droid when it comes put if I am going to pay full price for any phone from Verizon.
    Last edited by AngerManagement; 11-01-2009 at 09:56 PM.

  14. #34
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kara View Post
    I just now downloaded 328 and I'm coming all the way from 148...i know i know lol! I'll definitely be honest with what I think about this OS after I get a little time to play with it. At least everything has gone SUPER smooth so far!

    To prove that I will be honest I'll say this...I went to a Verizon store today to pick up my Storm 2. I left the store without a Storm 2 because I wasn't really impressed and didn't like the click. Ugh I feel so dirty saying anything bad about BB. :bad:
    Kara, I tried a Storm 2 and actually prefer the click of my original model Storm. And now i'm seriously thinking of switching to the Droid. So don't feel dirty *LOL* I'm actually going to be ABANDONING BB.... But NOT

  15. #35
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 306buddyluv View Post
    The original OS worked, and the official Os update after that worked as well on the storm I have. And all the leaked OS worked except for .328. So what does that tells me.. They are trying to stop unlocked storm uses on other network. Some folks with an unlock tour on a different network are having the same issue with this recent tour update. But; I can care less about it.
    I don't think that would be intentional, though. The radio code in .328 seems to be significantly different as I hold a different signal at various locations than I did with prior OSes (or perhaps the signal indicator is just more accurate). I am just saying that the actual SFI file is likely only tested on VZW and Vodafone networks if it is to be an official release for VZW, as VZW is not going to test to ensure compatibility with other GSM networks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •