Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Actually I think they rushed the build out so that they wouldnt have an influx of storm 1 owners wanting free upgrades
    DING-DING-DING!! WE HAVE A WINNER!

I'm actually okay with .328, although I have had a couple of weird things going on....my BES might be to blame though....

If by chance Verizon takes pity on Storm owners and offers us a discount to upgrade to Storm2 I'm all over it....if it doesn't happen I am somewhat inclined to either go back to a BB with a "real keyboard" or look at a non-blackberry device when my contract is up....I think by next fall I may be ready to move on....

scattaman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    305836DD
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I really don't know why there's a big backlash on this O.S?! I have been running it since Sunday and I must say that I'm happy with it!

I'm sitting pretty at 33.7mb at boot up with quite a number of apps...
    I thought the battery drained a bit faster than normal but I actually went two days on one charge... with occasional music and streaming...
    My SMS issues are fixed...
    I use lock tilt so I don't have the whole landscape issue (personally I find the landscape mode annoying on the homescreen)

All in all, I think that the OS is great... I just beleive that some folks are a bit dissapointed due to the exposure of leaked 5.0 for so long... not to say that some people don't have legitimate issues...

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    I am amazed that some people arent liking this OS. My phone is faster than ever before and solid as a rock now. Any of you that are having trouble really need to wipe and reload. I'm sure a Plazmic patch will be out soon and all the white border stuff will be forgotten. I understand 100% why this was released as official. It is a fabulous OS! I guess it's true what they say, no 2 Storms are alike.

bobenhaus is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9530 (Storm)
    5.0.328 is by far the best OS to date. There are some glitches but I am willing to live with them until the application developers can get up to speed. Memory on my S1 has been very good without any battery pulls since Sunday. When playing music via the speaker that sound like distortion or static. Thats about it for me. The new OS is way faster then the Iphone when it comes to transititioning. Cant wait for the new webkit browser and widgets in the future

306buddyluv is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow 306buddyluv On Twitter
    Device
    9700/9530
    OS
    5.0.0.421/5.0.0.419
    Am not happy with .328. Its a very fast os when it comes to navigating threw the apps and web browsing. But theme landscape issue is still going on for me and now I cant make calls. I have a constant EDGE and every thing else works. But when i make a call i get a "no circuit/channel error""" Now am getting the same issue with all the 5.0 OS that came after 5.0.0.140. This OS even knocked out my USB connection.

Sorry but RIM and VZ is not on my good side right about now.... """"Official my ace""":irked::aargh4:

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I am amazed that some people arent liking this OS. My phone is faster than ever before and solid as a rock now. Any of you that are having trouble really need to wipe and reload. I'm sure a Plazmic patch will be out soon and all the white border stuff will be forgotten. I understand 100% why this was released as official. It is a fabulous OS! I guess it's true what they say, no 2 Storms are alike.
    All I can think of to say is this: If people think they are going to rush out and buy a S2 at launch; and have a significantly different experience OS-wise than they do with the S1 running .328; I have a funny feeling a whole plethora of folks are going to be EXTREMELY disappointed.

Other than the way the screen works, I get the feeling that the overall user experience will be exactly the same.

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by 306buddyluv View Post
    Am not happy with .328. Its a very fast os when it comes to navigating threw the apps and web browsing. But theme landscape issue is still going on for me and now I cant make calls. I have a constant EDGE and every thing else works. But when i make a call i get a "no circuit/channel error""" Now am getting the same issue with all the 5.0 OS that came after 5.0.0.140. This OS even knocked out my USB connection.

Sorry but RIM and VZ is not on my good side right about now.... """"Official my ace""":irked::aargh4:
    I'm not so sure why you would expect a VERIZON official OS to be optimized to work on a different carrier?

dandiele is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    lol all the people with problems crack me up. like its the OS's fault? maybe 306buddyluv would have better luck on verizon. This so far has been very fast for me. typing responds faster then .323 for me signal is constantly perfect and I have not had any problems with the Default theme. those with themes i guess have to just deal its not like verizon makes the themes so you cant expect them to test them and make sure they all work. id say do a clean wipe of the phone and do not shrink. just do a normal os install and see how many performance issues go away.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast