View Poll Results: If you have a bad memory leak on .328 did you shrink or not?

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • Yes

17 45.95%
  • No

20 54.05%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Device
    Storm 9550 & Tour 9630
    OS
    Storm .428 Tour 5.0.0.419
    screen shots are missing. don't know why i can't upload.

Device
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    OS
    Just saying this from my perspective, my phone boots up at 25 mb and I am at 1.2 mb right now and I have still never experienced any lag or ever seen my hourglass once. I think we rely on that number too much but thats just me.

**edit and I didn't shrink.
    Last edited by Bboyeruga; 10-27-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Device
    Storm 9550 & Tour 9630
    OS
    Storm .428 Tour 5.0.0.419
    here is pic

PIN
    LOL...yeah, right!
    Device
    BB Storm 9550 - Verizon
    OS
    v5.0.0.607
    Not sure what I did, but I WAS experiencing a bad mem leak. I deleted some crap off the phone I wasn't using to include all the games. No more mem leak...holding pretty good.

PIN
    305836DD
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Wow!!!

People are deleting their Games, themes and Apps just to keep a high memory!! What do you guys do with the phone then?!! I bet you it is the same thing that is going to happen with the storm 2... if it falls under 50mb people are gonna start saying OMG my memory is low!!!

Guys! unless it starts affecting the phone, don't worry about the memory so much!! Your memory doesn't not have to be at 40mb all the time!!

My memory goes to 5mb sometimes and it still runs stable!! Plus I have it restart at 6am every day so that I have a nice 33.5mb of memory to start with whenever I leave for work...
    btw... I think meter berry is having memory issues with .328... it is definitely not a stable app right now... I lost 12mb in the space of 1 hour and I just feel that its this app

PIN
    LOL...yeah, right!
    Device
    BB Storm 9550 - Verizon
    OS
    v5.0.0.607
    Quote Originally Posted by scattaman View Post
    Wow!!!

People are deleting their Games, themes and Apps just to keep a high memory!! What do you guys do with the phone then?!! I bet you it is the same thing that is going to happen with the storm 2... if it falls under 50mb people are gonna start saying OMG my memory is low!!!

Guys! unless it starts affecting the phone, don't worry about the memory so much!! Your memory doesn't not have to be at 40mb all the time!!

My memory goes to 5mb sometimes and it still runs stable!! Plus I have it restart at 6am every day so that I have a nice 33.5mb of memory to start with whenever I leave for work...
    btw... I think meter berry is having memory issues with .328... it is definitely not a stable app right now... I lost 12mb in the space of 1 hour and I just feel that its this app
    I didn't use the games anyway...

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I shrunk 5.0.0.328 using Lyricidal's shrinker (the latest version, I forgot which one that was )

I used to boot at 30MB+, but with every subsequent reboot I get less and less initial memory. My last boot was about 28MB.

Over the last 36 hours, my phone's app memory has fallen really low. I'm currently at 7.5MB. I am not seeing any hit in performance at this time - in the past, I would only see my phone's performance suffer when it went under 4MB (that was on 5.0.0.230).

The only "stable" OS in terms of app mem management was 4.7.0.151. I have the same apps more or less, but I'm assuming that the several updates that these apps have gotten over the past few months may have accidentally introduced memory leaks into the phone.

Opening and closing apps is the tiniest bit slower than a fresh reboot, transitions are still ultra fluid, keyboard lag (switching from ABC to 123) doesn't seem to be linked to app memory, and Browser loads pages normally.

Installed apps:
    Bejeweled 1.0
    CaptureIt 1.4
    ConnectFour 1.02
    Doodle 1.27
    DynoStorm 1.0
    Epocrates Rx 1.309.0
    FlightPath 1.11
    GIST (speed tester) 1.0.2
    Google Maps 3.2.0 (Storm 4.7 version)
    LightsOut 1.0
    YouTube 1.6.10
    MyVerizon 2.0.18
    ParkingLot 1.1
    Personal Assistant (free) 2.4
    SocialScope Lite 0.9.5.44
    tonePad 0.2
    UberTwitter 0.925
    Viigo News 3.1.490
    BerryWeather 1.5.47
    BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.20
    BlackBerry Messenger 5.0.0.33
    BrickBreaker
    Facebook 1.7.0.18
    MySpace 1.5.1.9 (works, but icon under Options -> Applications is a generic blue box)
    WordMole

And yes, I do use these apps from time to time, so deleting them isn't really an option . I know that apps can also be a cause of memory leaks, but is it possible for an app to continue leaking memory when it's fully closed out? The only apps that run in the background (besides the default RIM apps) are BerryWeather, Epocrates, and SocialScope.

EDIT: Oh, if it helps, this is what I shrunk out:
    Last edited by f-castrillo; 10-28-2009 at 02:20 AM.

Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jarniella View Post
    ok, here is what i did. i restarted my storm around 7:30p last night. The memory was at 45.3 i didn't use it after that time. when i woke up the next morning, it was at 44.2. not bad. It stayed at this level until 9:59am.

i didn't use my storm until i sent a BBM message at 10:02am. Right after the BBM it started to leak memory. see screen shots

Could it be that BBM is causing the leak?
    I was also leaking more than the usual amount of memory. I read in one of the forums that BBM may be the source, so I deleted BBM, did a battery pull, and 18 hours later my memory has only gone down from 40.4 to 40.1.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast