PIN
    which one? I've lost count!
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times

Memory card error issue

My storm bricked about a week ago. After wiping and loading the Hybrid v3 OS I got the 523 error again when I was accessing a picture file off my memory card. I decided to take the mem. card out and reboot. It has been working fine ever since, no errors. If I put the mem. card back in I get the same error. I have not heard of these cards causing errors, have any of you heard of this? It is a SanDisk 8g card. The only thing I have on it is a picture of my kids that I copied from my computer, so I know the file isn't corrupt. Any thoughts?

Crickee

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    I have heard of users losing their pictures when they wipe the device.

In your case I would plug the card into your pc, save the pics, put it back in your phone, & format the card. (options, memory, bbkey, format)

Transfer the pics back to your phone, pull the battery, then when it is back up try accessing the pics again.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Crickee is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    Neolantis - thanks, that is what I thought I would try. I did not have an adapter for the card. Purchased one this morning and will try this!
    Crickee

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crickee View Post
    Neolantis - thanks, that is what I thought I would try. I did not have an adapter for the card. Purchased one this morning and will try this!
    good luck, that is the safest way to go...
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times

Memory card gremlins!!!?????

Okay, I installed BBC's 3.5 last week and it went smoothly and has been great with no memory card issues. I installed storm lock last night and today, I am getting the 523 app error message with my memory card in. I can take out the memory card and reboot and it loads fine, then install my memory card and everything is working fine until I do a battery pull. I reformatted the memory card last week before I loaded the 3.5, this is so damn frustrating! Any advice? :cussing:
    Crickee

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    Uhhh, I just realized that I had the memory card in when I added the 3.5 os, would this have anything to do my issues? I thought I read a couple of weeks ago on the CB site that you should not have the memory card in when doing installs.
    Crickee

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    Uhhh, I just realized that I had the memory card in when I added the 3.5 os, would this have anything to do my issues? I thought I read a couple of weeks ago on the CB site that you should not have the memory card in when doing installs.
    I have never taken my memory card out, an install should not affect the memory card

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times
    Okay, I installed BBC's 3.5 last week and it went smoothly and has been great with no memory card issues. I installed storm lock last night and today, I am getting the 523 app error message with my memory card in. I can take out the memory card and reboot and it loads fine, then install my memory card and everything is working fine until I do a battery pull. I reformatted the memory card last week before I loaded the 3.5, this is so damn frustrating! Any advice? :cussing:
    What themes do you have running?

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    Gadgetbeans Storm hidden plus weatherbug. I think I might have solved it. I scanned a pic of my kids to use as the homescreen pic and did not think about compressing the size (duh!!!) I just changed that put the mem card back in and it booted up perfectly. Another lesson learned! I'll let you know if I have anymore issues with it.
    Crickee

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times
    Gadgetbeans Storm hidden plus weatherbug. I think I might have solved it. I scanned a pic of my kids to use as the homescreen pic and did not think about compressing the size (duh!!!) I just changed that put the mem card back in and it booted up perfectly. Another lesson learned! I'll let you know if I have anymore issues with it.
    Ok, let us know.

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Let me check!
    Liked
    0 times
    The result is in, my memory card issue was the pic file size! I bricked this thing about 4 times because of this! Since I compressed the pic, I can finally truly enjoy my storm and not be concerned of the "white death" happening if I pull the battery. :arms:
    Crickee

Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Liked
    3 times
    The result is in, my memory card issue was the pic file size! I bricked this thing about 4 times because of this! Since I compressed the pic, I can finally truly enjoy my storm and not be concerned of the "white death" happening if I pull the battery. :arms:
    Congrats! Glad you got the problem resolved, these phones can be tricky at times